Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

Doubt United would be agreeing to any buyback clause nor should they.
Why not, it's a smart way to get a player on the cheap who can come in and provide quality right away whilst we focus on other areas. If Real come back in for him we will have funds to sign his replacement but I take it that Mendy has been good for them so they might never exercise the clause.

croadyman

Yeah would be great to sign this guy but until anyone reliable reports anything on it will remain sceptical

Crustanoid

Probably one United fan, somewhere said they want us to sign him and after some chatter and Chinese whispering, it has coalesced into a consensus that we’re linked to him, despite there being no evidence anywhere of this happening.

led_scholes

Doubt United would be agreeing to any buyback clause nor should they.
Juve agreed for Morata and probably other big teams have agreed on this. Even if we buy Reguilon we will still have Shaw, so it wont be the end of the world if we buy him and then sell him for a profit. I just hope that we buy him for lets say 20 mil and have a buy back clause of around 35 mil.

Mark Pawelek

Probably one United fan, somewhere said they want us to sign him and after some chatter and Chinese whispering, it has coalesced into a consensus that we’re linked to him, despite there being no evidence anywhere of this happening.
Or Real told Marca to put the story out to drum up interest as they have 3 LBs for 2 squad places. Of course, United's name are used.

SAFMUTD

Would be a great addition and proper competition for Shaw. My only argument against is that Madrid tends to insert buy back clauses on this kind of deals and we dont work with that.

Thats a lose-lose situation, if he flops we are stuck with him if he makes it big then it was basically a loan and Madrid will buy him back.

croadyman

Would be a great addition and proper competition for Shaw. My only argument against is that Madrid tends to insert buy back clauses on this kind of deals and we dont work with that.

Thats a lose-lose situation, if he flops we are stuck with him if he makes it big then it was basically a loan and Madrid will buy him back.
Yeah that is a very valid point you make

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Where is "door opened" in our transfer stage? But i will be fine with this signing as we really need a LB and move Williams to his natural right side for this season. We can invest in RB, next season if AWB and Willams doesnt work out. Shaw is too injury prone to rely for the whole season.

croadyman

Where is "door opened" in our transfer stage? But i will be fine with this signing as we really need a LB and move Williams to his natural right side for this season. We can invest in RB, next season if AWB and Willams doesnt work out. Shaw is too injury prone to rely for the whole season.
Yeah I would like to sign him but get the impression this is fourth on the priority list this summer

RedorDead21

Why not, it's a smart way to get a player on the cheap who can come in and provide quality right away whilst we focus on other areas. If Real come back in for him we will have funds to sign his replacement but I take it that Mendy has been good for them so they might never exercise the clause.
It's more the not knowing and they can activate it and take him at such late notice leaving you screwed.

RUCK4444

What am I missing here, we had a shite tonne of chances against Sevilla, not a single defender of theirs looked decent.

Let me guess, he’s awesome going forward?

RUCK4444

Yes, he is good in attack and also his transfer fee is reasonable.
In some respects I would like us to sign him and play him just to see how a ‘proper attacking fullback’ pans out for us.

I have a feeling people will be calling for Shaw after we start conceding down the left side, just like when most turned on Williams when he made a couple of mistakes.

Falcow

Surely a back back clause is only valid if the player wants to move? Presume it would break employment law otherwise? Otherwise it amounts to treating players as slaves.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This guy is a must buy IMO. Pace, energy, technique. Forward bursts like Robertson and a quick thinker too. Also an athletic fella it seems, doesn't mind a sliding tackle.

arnie_ni

Yes, he is good in attack and also his transfer fee is reasonable.
No nothing about him but having an attacking left back on the bench is needed, as is an attacking right back.

0 0 away to palace 70 mins gone, for us, changing our full backs has a better chance of changing the game than any other position... if we have that option.

SAFMUTD

Surely a back back clause is only valid if the player wants to move? Presume it would break employment law otherwise? Otherwise it amounts to treating players as slaves.
Yeah sure but do you think Reguilon wouldnt jump at the first chance to go back to Madrid if they offer him the starting spot?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
In some respects I would like us to sign him and play him just to see how a ‘proper attacking fullback’ pans out for us.

I have a feeling people will be calling for Shaw after we start conceding down the left side, just like when most turned on Williams when he made a couple of mistakes.
You've never watched a "proper attacking fullback" pans out for United?

RUCK4444

You've never watched a "proper attacking fullback" pans out for United?
Not since Evra no. And we had arguably the best centre back pairing in premier league history at the time to cover for him bombing forward.

Evra was also class at defending as well.

I’d love attacking fullbacks, I just don’t think A. There are many good ones available who can both attack and defend to a high standard, and B. That we are geared up to cope with sub standard defensive fullbacks.

PitTon

Saying he just has pace is not fair to him. He is so composed, knows when to attack the space and dribble and when to make simple pass. Having good eyes for some nice infield passes too. And more importantly, after he beats his man, he looks up, check and pass/cross, not just look down and cross it aimlessly.

Nori-

Never seen him play. Is at a good age. Can't be as injury prone as Shaw. Has an exciting Spanish name.

Sign him up Ole

Kostov

I don't think he is anything special, maybe because they were absolute shambles in defense and average in attack against us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't think he is anything special, maybe because they were absolute shambles in defense and average in attack against us.
Tbf, our ~200m defence and Gk were absolute shambles also in that game.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah but I'd still have them over the 20 shots conceded and fluky defense Reguilon is part of.
Forgetting that 7 to 3 on target? You wouldn't want AWB too based on that game.

Kostov

Forgetting that 7 to 3 on target? You wouldn't want AWB too based on that game.
Based on that game and the restart yeah, AWB was pretty bad in some games, however I've seen him many many times being immense. Reguilon I've seen couple of times for Sevilla (maybe 6-7 games) and I couple of times for Real when he first broke through, I really don't see anything special to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.