Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

We should probably try a loan with option? Real look like they are willing to let players go on loan with an option.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Based on that game and the restart yeah, AWB was pretty bad in some games, however I've seen him many many times being immense. Reguilon I've seen couple of times for Sevilla (maybe 6-7 games) and I couple of times for Real when he first broke through, I really don't see anything special to be fair.
Ok fair enough. Is he not worth 25m "gamble" though?

NoLogo

Think he would be a great buy but I'm not sure Real want to let him go.

As far as Williams goes I think his future is actually on the right, considering he is right footed and a better attacking player than AWB. Maybe play him as the attacking option and AWB if you want to go for a more defensive option?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think he would be a great buy but I'm not sure Real want to let him go.

As far as Williams goes I think his future is actually on the right, considering he is right footed and a better attacking player than AWB. Maybe play him as the attacking option and AWB if you want to go for a more defensive option?
Real are happy to let him leave, but it’s likely it will be a lower fee with a reasonable buy-back clause. Hence why he’s being linked to clubs like Napoli etc. If we wanted him it’d probably be a fair bit more.

I agree Williams’ future is at right back. Don’t think it’s here, though.

SATA

This is a weird case. Why aren’t Real using him themselves when he’s their player and if he’s that good? Marcelo isn’t exactly a spring chicken at his peak now

MrEleson

This is a weird case. Why aren’t Real using him themselves when he’s their player and if he’s that good? Marcelo isn’t exactly a spring chicken at his peak now
One word. Mendy.

Reguillon is great but Mendy is even better and as long as Marcelo is there (presumably as a backup) there's really no need for Reguillon.

Zoo

I read that he doesn’t have a good relationship with Zidane, similar to Ceballos.

Anyway we’re not linked with him at all so there’s nothing to really discuss here.

davidmichael

We should probably try a loan with option? Real look like they are willing to let players go on loan with an option.
Definitely the way to go, loan with an obligation to buy for £25-£30 million next summer which saves us money needed for Sancho.

It’s not really something you see a lot of in England which is crazy, it happens in Serie A all the time.

I’d be happy for us to be obligated to pay an extra £10 million on Regulion and an extra £10 million on Upamecano if it meant we didn’t have to pay a transfer fee THIS summer.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did they win the EL because of Reguilon? Yes I think they would have actually. They would have probably beaten this United side even with Reguilon at LB.
Lets be honest here, Williams is a truly shocking left back, had we had Shaw over him against Sevilla & particularly Chelsea our chances would have been much higher. He was calamitous in both.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Did they win the EL because of Reguilon? Yes I think they would have actually. They would have probably beaten this United side even with Reguilon at LB.
They weren't even the best team on the night with him though. We made far more chances and missed them all. The defending was awful from us and Martial was shite in front of goal for a change.

Crustanoid

There’s not actually been anything linking us to him? This is not even on the cards?

sp_107

Ok fair enough. Is he not worth 25m "gamble" though?
Dont think so, Recently we have signed 2 young full backs(U-18) from Spain and this guy can be a good guidance for them along with Mata for next 5 years.

Kostov

Lets be honest here, Williams is a truly shocking left back, had we had Shaw over him against Sevilla & particularly Chelsea our chances would have been much higher. He was calamitous in both.
To be honest Brandon is in his first season playing senior football he is 19 (still) he has had plenty of good games throughout the season. It’s your willingness to write off the kid so fast that is shocking. We created so many chances against Sevilla and our forwards fecked up as much as the defense. Yes Shaw is better but Williams is far from the finished product.

manuchamp88

Dont think so, Recently we have signed 2 young full backs(U-18) from Spain and this guy can be a good guidance for them along with Mata for next 5 years.
"Don't think so...this guy can be a good guidance for them". So...are you saying we should sign him even though you don't rate him?

Also, the Spanish teenagers are no way near ready to challenge for a starting place - hence them joining the academy, not the first team.

Irrational.

It would just be typical for another club to sign him after watching him tear our fullbacks a new one. Would probably be like Spurs and how they signed Dele Alli on the back of his performance against us.

Top quality LB with immense potential. Shaw cannot be relied upon for a significant number of games and Williams is more of a RB. I think LB is a more important area to strengthen than CB, as quite a few of the goals we've conceded has been through one of our fullbacks being exposed or through a cross that they defended pathetically.

Nickelodeon

According to AS
Can we take him on loan with an option to purchase? We rarely do such deals and watching Bayern have 2 quality players on loan from big clubs has really pissed me off.

EwanI Ted

Given the price, feels like a no-brainer. A very different style of player to what we have, which gives us tactical options. Plus if it didn't work out straightaway we'd have Shaw around still, so we'd be no worse off. It also means Williams can cover RB, so that solves a squad problem there too. Don't really see a downside.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Zidane signed Mendy from Lyon for a big sum, he’s currently joint first choice LB with Marcelo. No idea if he’s better than Reguilon, but it’s clear Zidane prefers him. They also let Hakimi just go, when he was probably good enough to be a key player after his recent form on loan.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

According to AS
I don’t really mind a buy back. He’ll be competing with Shaw anyway. If we sign him for £20m & the buy back is £40m that’s not too bad, similar to Morata at Juve a few years ago. We could just use the money to replace him.

LB is a very very important position to improve this season. I never want to see Williams there again.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Is AS reliable?
Much like Marca,they're Madrid's mouthpiece. So,I still would question this rumour.
AS and Marca have over the past few windows continually linked us to many of their squad players and none have come to fruition.

This could just be another method of drawing in interest from other clubs.

Basically,Manchester United are likely being used again.

Sanche7

I don’t see us agreeing to a buyback clause. You can’t build a team where players can be taken from you outside of your control. If he became a key player for us it’d be a nightmare.
Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.