g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Serie A 90's draft

idmanager

Its funny how people at the top get the best deal out of reinforcements as well in this draft :lol:

idmanager

• EAP - 1. M. van Basten 2. R. Donadoni 3. M. Tassotti 4. D. Stankovic 5. G. Pessotto 6. T. Brolin 7. M. Ambrosini 8. G. Pancaro 9. G. Signorini 10. A. Evani 11. G. Galli 12. F Pecchia 13. S. Battistini (540) 14. J. Kohler 15. A. Nesta

• Onenil - 1. R. Baggio 2. A. Costacurta 3. D. Baggio 4. L. Minotti 5. Careca 6. J. Chamot 7. R. Mussi 8. F. Asprilla 9. G. Marocchi 10. Taglialatela 11. S. Cois 12. F. Moriero 13. W. Casagrande 14. Schillaci 15. J. Zanetti 16. R. Gullit (117)
  • harms 1. Ronaldo 2. C. Ferrara 3. P. Montero 4. Y. Djorkaeff 5. C. Seedorf 6. A. Carboni 7. D. Fuser 8. W. Jonk 9. C. Taffarel 10. D. Massaro 11 G. Grün 12. A. Paganin 13. L. Thuram 14. A. Del Piero (63)
  • Moby / Pat Mustard 1. G. Batistuta 2. F. Cannavaro 3. R. Mancini 4. M. Almeyda 5. E. Church 6. Júlio César 7. D. Platt 8. L. Marchegiani 9. A. Di Chiara 10 A. Birindelli 11. L. Fusi 12. A. Pele 13. M. Stanic 14. M. Branca 15. Cafu 16. J.S. Veron (38)
  • 2mufc0 / Invictus 1. Z. Zidane 2. P. Vierchowod 3. Z. Boban 4. O. Bierhoff 5. J. Angloma 6. R. Jarni 7. F. Ravanelli 8. I. Tudor 9. C. Karembeu 10. F. De Napoli 11. S. Tacconi 12. R. Galia 13. G. Ruotolo 14. M. Desailly 15. G. Signori (218)
  • Gio / Theon 1. F. Baresi 2. G. Weah 3. D. Deschamps 4. P. Sousa 5. R. Sosa 6. G. Giannini 7. L. De Agostini 8. W. Zenga 9. Zé Maria 10. J. Thern 11. R. Cravero 12. P. Bruno 13. Mazinho 14. B. Laudrup 15. M. Rui Costa (173)
  • Enigma / The Red Viper 1. L. Matthäus 2. G. Bergomi 3. G. Vialli 4. R. Ferri 5. Dunga 6. Herd 7. A. Balbo 8. A. Lombardo 9. S. Rossi 10. M. Mannini 11. Paulo Sergio 12. S. Fiore 13. I. Shalimov 14. T. Řepka 15. P. Maldini 16. F. Totti (85)
  • idmanager 1. F. Rijkaard 2. E. Davids 3. H. Crespo 4. A. Di Livio 5. R. Ayala 6. M. Salas 7. G. Favalli 8. A. Recoba 9. A. Ortega 10. F Collovati 11. T. West 12. G. Cervone 13. P. Nedved 14. G. Zola (61)

Enigma_87

You know who
Its funny how people at the top get the best deal out of reinforcements as well in this draft :lol:
Pretty happy in the end with ours. :drool:

Considering the not so many options inattack and midfield getting both Totti and Maldini was a pretty good deal for us.

idmanager

Pretty happy in the end with ours. :drool:

Considering the not so many options inattack and midfield getting both Totti and Maldini was a pretty good deal for us.
To be honest, I don't mind my reinforcements as well but would have been better to have more options and less permutations when both the picks are nearby.

Enigma_87

You know who
To be honest, I don't mind my reinforcements as well but would have been better to have more options and less permutations when both the picks are nearby.
Well Edgar getting the other top cbs apart from Thuram and Maldini at picks 8 and 9 speaks volumes.

That and of course 2 of the managers from the bottom 8 making it through the round itself.

idmanager

Well Edgar getting the other top cbs apart from Thuram and Maldini at picks 8 and 9 speaks volumes.
I am just hoping Ambrosini matches up against Rui Costa again and wins the battle.
Antohan exploding would be a sight to watch :lol:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yeah it was definitely a benefit being towards the top in this reinforcement, some of those double picks are absolutely insane (looking at you onenil / harms). We had to gamble that one of the right backs would make it back but it was always unlikely.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Absolutely love the Signori pick by the way @2mufc0 @Invictus, we were tempted to squeeze him in if he managed to last down to us. I think it was 49 goals in 56 games or something daft like that at his peak which is obscene for 90s Serie A :lol:. Doesn't get any better than that in this draft.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Absolutely love the Signori pick by the way @2mufc0 @Invictus, we were tempted to squeeze him in if he managed to last down to us. I think it was 49 goals in 56 games or something daft like that at his peak which is obscene for 90s Serie A :lol:. Doesn't get any better than that in this draft.
Cheers mate, it was out of him , Del Piero and another unpicked player. But i was saying to Invictus he is the best goal scorer in the pool, his record is crazy in the context, because he didn't win many trophies he gets under rated.

BTW you still have a pick to make. :)

Enigma_87

You know who
Cheers mate, it was out of him , Del Piero and another unpicked player. But i was saying to Invictus he is the best goal scorer in the pool, his record is crazy in the context, because he didn't win many trophies he gets under rated.

BTW you still have a pick to make. :)
Aye, proper player. One of my favorites. We couldn't fit him unfortunately having already picked Vialli.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm dumbfounded at how underrated Antonio Benarrivo is.

Yeah it was definitely a benefit being towards the top in this reinforcement, some of those double picks are absolutely insane (looking at you onenil / harms). We had to gamble that one of the right backs would make it back but it was always unlikely.
Several hours later...

:confused:

antohan

Reinforcment pool + any unpicked player
  • MJJ/Sjor 1. A. Del Piero 2. J. Veron 3. Aldair 4. A. Conte 5. S. Katanec 6. L. Di Biagio 7. T. Helveg 8. F. Toldo 9. D. Fonseca 10. A. Carlos Zago 11. J. Heinrich 12. S. Inzaghi 13. M. Delvecchio(1500)
  • Lord Sinister 1. P. Maldini 2. G. Signori 3. A. Winter 4. V. Montella 5. M. Torricelli 6. Leonardo 7. M. Carrera 8. R. Di Matteo 9. M. Ielpo 10. S. Conceição 11. N'Gotty 12. D. Carnasciali (1181) DONE
  • antohan 1. M. Rui Costa 2. J. Kohler 3. A. Benarrivo 4. S. Mihajlovic 5. R. Sensini 6. C. Caniggia 7. Alemão 8. A. Peruzzi 9. M. Crippa 10. K. Andersson 11. A. Cruz 12. T. Skuhravy 13. C. Aguilera 14. J. Herrera (19) DONE
  • prath92/Crappy 1. P. Nedved 2. C. Vieri 3. D. Albertini 4. D. Savicevic 5. M. Iuliano 6. P. Ince 7. A. Fortunato 8. P. Negro 9. L.Bucci 10. S. Schwarz 11. L. Amoruso 12. S. Eranio 13. L. Sartor 14. E. Di Francesco (43) DONE
  • Tuppet 1. R. Gullit 2. A. Brehme 3. L. Blanc 4. T. Hassler 5. R. Voller 6. N. Berti 7. D. Petrescu 8. E. Scifo 9. L. Apolloni 10. M. Konsel 11. M. Simone 12. D. Tommasi 13. D. Adani (560) 14. J. P. Papin (750) DONE
  • Cal? 1. M. Desailly 2. F. Totti 3. J. Klinsmann 4. C. Panucci 5. G Zambrotta 6. A Pirlo 7. G Lentini 8. G. Gattuso 9. F Galli 10. P Gascoigne 11. C. Abbiati 12. P. Di Canio 13. M. Jörgensen (441) DONE
  • Oaencha 1. A. Nesta 2. J. Zanetti 3. G. Zola 4. F. Inzaghi 5. V. Candela 6. A. Tacchinardi 7. G. Pagliuca 8. H. Nakata 9. I. Zamorano 10. A. Boghossian 11. F. Baldini 12. T. Doll 13. A. Bianchi 14. D. Fontolan (473) DONE
  • Raees 1. Cafu 2. L. Thuram 3. D. Simeone 4. V. Jugovic 5. F. Couto 6. A. Möller 7. G. Buffon 8. E. Francescoli 9. M. Amoroso 10. A. Boksic 11. S. Nela 12. S. Porrini (101) DONE

idmanager

What best deal? You got Rijkaard/ Davids. I had to pick both CBs simply due to lack of a good DM and LW in the pool. I didn't really need an attackers, so had to pass on them.
Nah mate, I meant it was great for this reinforcements round where only 8 managers are involved and there are 16 R1/R2 picks available.

At the start of drafting, I agree it didn't make too much of a difference except for the fact that shiny players win you votes no matter who they are surrounded by at times.

Only one CM/DM picked so far from 15 picks.
Precisely for the same reason. Shiny names over balance. Rather pick some GOAT even though you have pressing needs elsewhere with some very good R3 options available.
Its not a bad idea though as it sells much better usually.
I am the only one who went with a R3 option.
Of course, not due to a lack of options. I had wanted Nedved and Zola right from the start as @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson could attest to.

Zola at least deserves to be still in the competition considering the decade he had and has been hugely underrated while drafting.
In the match thread though, he was rated quite well which was pleasing to see.

idmanager

I had to pick both CBs simply due to lack of a good DM and LW in the pool.
FWIW, I thought you would go for Albertini and Kohler without thinking twice.
Signorini and Kohler is pretty complimentary while making your midfield much more balanced.

Of course, down to personal preferences.

antohan

At the start of drafting, I agree it didn't make too much of a difference except for the fact that shiny players win you votes no matter who they are surrounded by at times.
Managers 11-16 all out. Go figure...

FWIW, I thought you would go for Albertini and Kohler without thinking twice.
Signorini and Kohler is pretty complimentary while making your midfield much more balanced.

Of course, down to personal preferences.
Edgar doesn't do midfielders. He once defined his picking strategy as "get all the attacking players in, then some defenders, then find some guys to stuff in the middle".

Enigma_87

You know who
Id has the ones people want. You don't upgrade twice.
Surely there are more than 4 top midfielders in the draft tho.

Sometimes you need to prioritize a position unless you want to go head to head with the guys like Matthaus, Davids, Rijkaard and Desailly with your 8th and 9th picks...

Going through the roster there are some quality 3rd and 4th options in the center where managers can upgrade.

What best deal? You got Rijkaard/ Davids. I had to pick both CBs simply due to lack of a good DM and LW in the pool. I didn't really need an attackers, so had to pass on them.
Glad you passed on Totti then...

idmanager

Managers 11-16 all out. Go figure...
Not all deserved to go out obviously. Apart from a couple of shiny names, I would credit it to coincidence. From what I remember, I voted for 4-5 of the last 7 teams. Some of the games were very close too.

Id has the ones people want. You don't upgrade twice.
Am starting 0-7 down in the QFs :lol:

antohan

Not all deserved to go out obviously. Apart from a couple of shiny names, I would credit it to coincidence. From what I remember, I voted for 4-5 of the last 7 teams. Some of the games were very close too.

Am starting 0-7 down in the QFs :lol:
The only coincidence was the draw matching them all to Top 8 teams. Thereafter high turnouts took care of the rest.

I wouldn't say you will start 0-7 down, but you won't get much praise :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Edgar doesn't do midfielders. He once defined his picking strategy as "get all the attacking players in, then some defenders, then find some guys to stuff in the middle".
Read it in Trump's voice :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Just realised following order of teams went through - 1,2,3,4,6,8,9,10. Just 2 teams from lower half and no team from last 6 at all.