g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sexist Posts in the Football Forums

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Finding women's football dire is not sexist or problematic, nor has anyone claimed it is (in this thread).

Finding opera dire isn't problematic either. But if you post «opera is dire», and crack tired opera jokes, in the opera thread - well, people who are interested in opera will probably think you're a tedious bastard and wish you'd just feck off.

Like someone said above, this isn't complicated.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Finding women's football dire is not sexist or problematic, nor has anyone claimed it is (in this thread).

Finding opera dire isn't problematic either. But if you post «opera is dire», and crack tired opera jokes, in the opera thread - well, people who are interested in opera will probably think you're a tedious bastard and wish you'd just feck off.

It really is that simple.

roseguy64

If you're referring to the one that asked why we didn't have a women's football team then why should that thread just have been people agreeing that we should have a women's football team?

Under the new rules is the only view on that subject either that we should agree that we should have one or not comment on it if we don't because to do so would be trolling?
People have made decent arguments against Man Utd having a women's team but those have used mainly things like finances and viewership/interest. Also, arguing we're fine as is the girls who play for the academy getting gigs with other teams, etc.
Plenty have just waded in bashing the sport and ridiculing the concept of women playing football. That sort of stuff is what's being banned.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't think anyone was ridiculing the concept itself, just the standard?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You might be right and I'm thinking of past discussions on other places.
I don't remember anyone saying women have no business playing the game, anyway. If so then I'd be surprised if they lived to post another day.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This isn't a debate thread in the football forums.

In summary those of you who are simply stop being wildly sexist and you won't get a warning. It is that simple.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Saying women's football is dire on the merits is completely fine. Saying its dire strictly on gender grounds obviously isn't ok. Likewise, saying the the football in the Saudi league is dire because of the lack of quality is obviously a far cry from claiming its dire because a majority of its participants are Arabs.

Fully Fledged

I think in this case, it's more of a reference to people derailing threads by talking shit about it for the sake of talking shit. We'll see how it pans out, though...
I don't think it's the person that writes the deriding post that derails the thread. It's the countless people who can't help but reply to such a post that derails the thread.
There was someone in a woman's football thread the other week who posted his opinion that he didn't like the fact that it was on his TV. The next 10 pages were people attacking him saying that he was a horrible person and such forth. The thread wouldn't have been derailed if people had just ignored his post.

It happens all over the CAF if you post a point of view that doesn't follow the joint mind think of the CAF the drones come to either assimilate or destroy you.

I've stopped posting my beliefs on here because it's just not worth the backlash.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There was someone in a woman's football thread the other week who posted his opinion that he didn't like the fact that it was on his TV. The next 10 pages were people attacking him saying that he was a horrible person and such forth. The thread wouldn't have been derailed if people had just ignored his post
Well, that illustrates what the - practical - problem is: Unless the thread title is «Should women's football be on the telly?» his comment adds nothing to the discussion and will inevitably lead to reactions. Which is why most people post in that fashion in the first place, i.e. they're looking to wind others up either by taking the piss or by saying «I don't like it, me» in various forms - and then they cry PC gone mad when people tell them to piss off.

You can't very well chastise people for reacting to irrelevant crap (which may or may not be sexist) - surely it makes more sense to point the finger at the WUMs. Ideally - yes - they should be ignored, but that's not how forums work.

Klopp_De_Klown

He's saying this isn't up for debate. If people continue to be "wildly sexist" they will be punished accordingly. No amount of arguing will change that. He may or may not have missed a word, but the meaning wasn't too difficult to gather.
One? :houllier:

Fully Fledged

Well, that illustrates what the - practical - problem is: Unless the thread title is «Should women's football be on the telly?» his comment adds nothing to the discussion and will inevitably lead to reactions. Which is why most people post in that fashion in the first place, i.e. they're looking to wind others up either by taking the piss or by saying «I don't like it, me» in various forms - and then they cry PC gone mad when people tell them to piss off.

You can't very well chastise people for reacting to irrelevant crap (which may or may not be sexist) - surely it makes more sense to point the finger at the WUMs. Ideally - yes - they should be ignored, but that's not how forums work.
I can when people respond to the post with personal insults questioning peoples intellect and morality.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He's saying this isn't up for debate. If people continue to be "wildly sexist" they will be punished accordingly. No amount of arguing will change that. He may or may not have missed a word, but the meaning wasn't too difficult to gather.
No words missing. A comma after the word are might have made it easier for KDK to understand.

Maybe.

Klopp_De_Klown

Did you get what he is saying though?
Ahhh I dont have to. Its common sense.

Its not the type of thing I post. Fairly sure I have not posted any of these type of post BUT, just in case, if i have, i will correct it ASAP once made aware of it. It would never be my intention to cause insult based on gender