Sexual abuse of young players | Bennell gets 31 years (expected to serve 15) | Dead

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
What the hell? My point was that he is undeserving of the attention.

Who gives a feck?

At the same time laughing or revelling in someone’s death is weird.
His victims? The people who he's hurt over the years? Anyone with decent morals?

This is very weird. He doesn’t deserve the attention.
Are you a nonce sympathiser or something?

CallyRed

His victims? The people who he's hurt over the years? Anyone with decent morals?

Come on now. We can't mock or laugh at the dead. Even if they were massive pedos.

Last edited:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Hang your head sir. How dare you.
Bennell was undoubtedly an evil and sick man preying on young boys the way he did. What’s important is he was behind bars and justice had been served. Beyond that nobody (with the possible exception of his family) should care if he is alive or dead.
As a balanced compassionate human being it makes me uncomfortable that some would revel in the death of another human.
Nothing him, because he deserves to be forgotten but celebrating or congratulating is weird to me.
The thread bump seems unnecessary because his death is not notable. Even the news piece on the bbc news page has dropped off the page pretty quickly.
Thoughts should be with his victims, who I hope feel some closure and relief tonight.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bennell was undoubtedly an evil and sick man preying on young boys the way he did. What’s important is he was behind bars and justice had been served. Beyond that nobody (with the possible exception of his family) should care if he is alive or dead.
As a balanced compassionate human being it makes me uncomfortable that some would revel in the death of another human.
Nothing him, because he deserves to be forgotten but celebrating or congratulating is weird to me.
The thread bump seems unnecessary because his death is not notable. Even the news piece on the bbc news page has dropped off the page pretty quickly.
Thoughts should be with his victims, who I hope feel some closure and relief tonight.
Weird that you think it's unnecessary or not notable.

It's the worst case of paedophilia and sexual abuse taking place within football that I'm aware of and was a very significant moment in time.

Oranges038

Why the feck did he need to be caught 5 times? :houllier:
It's mental when you think about it.

I watched a video the other day about a young lad that disappeared in London in 1988. One of the suspects was arrested in 2001 for another kid he murdered in 1968. Between 1968 and 2001 and he had a whole list of offences to his name, but never spent more than a couple of years inside.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How was justice served when he only served 5 years of a 30 year sentence?

Marcelinho87

Nah, not only should we revel in his death we should celebrate every time a shit stain on this earth perishes.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Weird that you think it's unnecessary or not notable.

It's the worst case of paedophilia and sexual abuse taking place within football that I'm aware of and was a very significant moment in time.
No, absolutely agree it was - but it’s gone. He was serving his sentence. He was behind bars so nobody else was at risk, and he was probably deservedly on the end of ‘prison inmate justice’ too.
I have no sympathy for him at all, but thoughts should be with the victims tonight. Celebrating his death is weird. Celebrating ANY death is weird to me, maybe I’m just soft and neurotic.

CallyRed

Find this baffling in the context of the man in question.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I didn’t think Plant could get any weirder.

Live and learn, I guess.

Oh and good news a pedo’s dead.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
There's nothing balanced or compationate about your reaction, so you know. If its weird to you and no one else, then the issue lies firmly with you...

jeepers

Yeah, I think I am down for a barbaric death for those who put kids through suffering.
I agree, and it should be for all people, not just kids (I understand you’re speaking in this context). As long as you attack and violate the vulnerable/defenseless. It should be public justice. Bound the fecker in the centre of the town square and let it be a free-for-all for 2 days.