Shaw is our best full back and best FB in Europe (edited)

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's getting his 1 poor game of the season out of the way now.

RUCK4444

Not really, he isn't trying much and still involved with ease in our 2 best moves of the game.
Hmm fair enough if that’s how you saw it.

I didn’t see him barely make a run all half and got the ball nicked off him whilst sleeping which should have led to a goal.

I think he will be rested second half. The young lad is warming up.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
feck off Mourinho you utter prick.

432JuanMata

feck off Mourinho you utter prick.
To be fair it was before Mourinho he had a major injury that can ruin careers so he took a lot of time getting back to his level, then Mourinho was the worse manager ever to get him back to top level

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Clear motm for me.
Thought Maguire was pushing him close, impressive for both our representatives.
Maguire made some excellent runs forward, which is what a CB in a back three should do, whereas Shaw was very disciplined and held the wide positions, but when the occasion arose he was there for the first goal, and a great interception for the second goal.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Luke Shaw is the prime example how stats in football can offer wrong picture about something.
When people start talking about fbs for example, it is common argument to pull stats about assists and crosses. Shaw is proof how fb can be world class without "bombing" crosses in penalty box.
Damn, what a fb we have lads.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Luke Shaw is the prime example how stats in football can offer wrong picture about something.
When people start talking about fbs for example, it is common argument to pull stats about assists and crosses. Shaw is proof how fb can be world class without "bombing" crosses in penalty box.
Damn, what a fb we have lads.
Player himself said he lacked confidence and he worked on it. He knew what he is capable of, so it was matter of confidence building. This was said by Shaw himself.

Let's not pretend Shaw was as good throughout his career or since he was back from injury.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Player himself said he lacked confidence and he worked on it. He knew what he is capable of, so it was matter of confidence building. This was said by Shaw himself.

Let's not pretend Shaw was as good throughout his career or since he was back from injury.
No question about it. But still he is not or never will be classic fb who will have dozen crosses during the game. So his stats (for fb) will always say different story

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Why are so many people paying attention to what Mourinho's saying? He is a troll who lives off hate and shit like that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No question about it. But still he is not or never will be classic fb who will have dozen crosses during the game. So his stats (for fb) will always say different story
Yeah he is more than just a cross merchant, he is superb footballer.

redmanx

If he can learn to cross (not just float the ball) by whipping it then he would be such a dangerous player. I haven't seen him crossing the ball where the ball curls back to attacker. His crosses are hit in straight line or just smash the ball into the box and hope for the best.
I always thought strikers like the ball fired in to the area at pace, as Shaw did for Kanes goal against Germany. I think you do him a disservice, hes been one of our players for a season or 2 and certainly one of Englands best in the Euros.

Eternitiy

I always thought strikers like the ball fired in to the area at pace, as Shaw did for Kanes goal against Germany. I think you do him a disservice, hes been one of our players for a season or 2 and certainly one of Englands best in the Euros.
That post was made over a year ago, to be fair.
His consistency and variation in his crossing from open play and set play situations has improved remarkably over the past season. Now it's one of his strongest attributes.

Pickle85

Absolutely brilliant player...has really kicked on this season, particularly from an attacking perspective. Shows what happens for some personality types when they have a manager that believes in them. Also, he seems a player that thrives on competition within the squad. Have to say i thought Southgate would (wrongly) prefer Chilwell for the tournament but Shaw has made himself undroppable.