Shaw is our best full back and best FB in Europe (edited)

RUCK4444

Best fullback in the league currently, by a distance.

Very composed. He’s absolutely brilliant for us in this form. Long may it continue.

Red_Aaron

I love that he's finally using his frame properly now.

He's always been broad which led to the nonsense 'fat' jibes but what he's done over the past 2 seasons is put on a lot of muscle and he's an absolute machine now - similar to Kyle Walker in that respect but Lukes far better on the ball than he is.

He's a wrecking ball at full pelt
What a run and what a finish
MOTM today

Polar

Very impressed by Shaw. He’s definitely among the best FBs in PL. Difficult to say who’s the best. Probably no clear winner. Zintsjenko is also a very good FB.

Carries the ball brilliantly. Some might say “attacking the space”, but I won’t...

Whether he’s the best in the league, couldn’t care less, he’s doing great for us.

he’s been managed well for the first time, probably since he was at Southampton.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I never watch other teams (CL semifinals and onwards excluded). So, please, enlighten: is there any LB in the world who’s better than Luke Shaw this season? The level of his play is unbelievable. He is in Europe’s top 5 “most chances created” players, being the only defender in the list.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I never watch other teams (CL semifinals and onwards excluded). So, please, enlighten: is there any LB in the world who’s better than Luke Shaw this season? The level of his play is unbelievable. He is in Europe’s top 5 “most chances created” players, being the only defender in the list.
Alphonso Davies is up there. Let’s see how far Bayern goes in CL. But Shaw’s doing great atm.

RashyForPM

Alphonso Davies is up there. Let’s see how far Bayern goes in CL. But Shaw’s doing great atm.
It sounds really stupid but I think Davies has been absolutely underwhelming this season. Robertson has been even worse recently, Alba is declining rapidly and generally, there is a shortage of top LBs these days. So yeah, imo, Shaw has been the best LB in the world this season. Watch Southgate pick Chilwell, Saka, Delph and Trippier as the LBs at the Euros :lol:

El Zoido

I’ve always been a fan of his but I can’t believe how good he’s been this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I loved him since day one but the thing what he does this season is amazing. Playmaking full back. If he is playing for any other club, Pep would offer 100mil for him

Skills

Snitch
I loved him since day one but the thing what he does this season is amazing. Playmaking full back. If he is playing for any other club, Pep would offer 100mil for him
Mourinho would've swapped him for Danny Rose. Thank the Woodward

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Mourinho would've swapped him for Danny Rose. Thank the Woodward
Jose did a lot of shit wrong, but I genuinely think if it wasn't his tough love Shaw wouldn't be the player he is now. He seems absolutely impervious to pressure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jose did a lot of shit wrong, but I genuinely think if it wasn't his tough love Shaw wouldn't be the player he is now. He seems absolutely impervious to pressure.
You're joking.
It was Jose who utterly stalled him for 18months longer than he should have been stalled.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Without any doubt he's the best English left back.

Surely no chance Southgate doesn't see that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
One way of looking at it :houllier:

criticalanalysis

Shaw has always been a very calm and mature player under pressure or not. Apart from being such a physical beast, it's why he was such a prospect as a 18 year old.

Even after all the 'tough' love from LVG and Mourinho, his form when actually given a run of games and support was always good i.e it was independent of how his managers treated him.

Obviously, he's a lot older now and has matured so by virture of those experiences under LVG/Mourinho, you can say 'it helped him' but that's giving massive benefit of the doubt. Call it as you see, Mourinho was a cnut to most of our team.

ThinkTank@Cafe

It might be a stretch but Luke Shaw level this season...One of the United best players I’ve ever seen. IQ, composure passes, technique, crosses, defending. He is a playmaker

Dan_F

I love the fact that everyone expected him to be just a pacey kind of full back at the beginning of career. But he’s morphing into the kind of left back that Pep would spend his whole transfer budget on.

I know we had a thread about Fred at left back, it’s getting to the point where I think Shaw would do fine in midfield.

cyberman

I love the fact that everyone expected him to be just a pacey kind of full back at the beginning of career. But he’s morphing into the kind of left back that Pep would spend his whole transfer budget on.

I know we had a thread about Fred at left back, it’s getting to the point where I think Shaw would do fine in midfield.
Im getting serious Lahm vibes from him this season

Skills

Snitch

Nah, he was always technically brilliant at Southampton. The scary thing is, I think the leg break robbed him of a bit of pace yet he's still this good.

ivaldo

You're joking.
It was Jose who utterly stalled him for 18months longer than he should have been stalled.
Genuinely. I agreed he stalled somewhat during that time, but now that period is over, its like absolutely nothing phases him. The bloke is the complete LB. Not just physically, tactically and technically, but mentally he is top drawer, and I believe the difficult period he had with Jose helped that.

ivaldo

Obviously, he's a lot older now and has matured so by virture of those experiences under LVG/Mourinho, you can say 'it helped him' but that's giving massive benefit of the doubt. Call it as you see, Mourinho was a cnut to most of our team.
He was, and for the vast majority of the team, it hindered them. I think Shaw is a better player having come through that. He was me measured before; now he's imperious.

arnie_ni

He would be good in midfield no doubt. His touch and control is class.

But I'd think you'd lose a lot by moving him.