Shaw is our best full back and best FB in Europe (edited)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Genuinely. I agreed he stalled somewhat during that time, but now that period is over, its like absolutely nothing phases him. The bloke is the complete LB. Not just physically, tactically and technically, but mentally he is top drawer, and I believe the difficult period he had with Jose helped that.
Well however it all came together, we can all be delighted with this version of Shaw.

I must admit I was certainly in the gang who considered Danny Rose a viable alternative.
Hindsight makes that look insane, but at the time Rose had been quality.

Dan_F

He would be good in midfield no doubt. His touch and control is class.

But I'd think you'd lose a lot by moving him.
Oh yeah, I’m not advocating it. We can’t even get Pogba in our midfield, I doubt he’s going to stick our left back there.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well however it all came together, we can all be delighted with this version of Shaw.

I must admit I was certainly in the gang who considered Danny Rose a viable alternative.
Hindsight makes that look insane, but at the time Rose had been quality.
Rose looked very good going forward so I think that was a fair opinion. Just so happy for Shaw that it's all come together for him. As premier league footballers go, he hasn't had it easy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I am usually right about players who don't make it at United, but I've been so so wrong about Shaw.
Think I once said Brandon Williams was playing better than him, so it could be worse :lol:

Dan_F

We don't play Pogba in the midfield because of his defensive liabilities though. That shouldn't be a problem with Shaw.

In saying that I'm not advocating it either.
Yeah, I just sometimes wonder if that isn’t just some kind of bias. We get played through pretty often with Fred and McTominay in there, see the first half last night. If that happened with Pogba in the midfield, he’d been getting slaughtered.

Off topic anyway, as Shaw is fantastic. I really hope he gets rewarded with the left back slot at the Euros. I find it so dull watching England when there’s no United interest.

Judas

Open to offers
Truly baffled how he's managed to put it all back together this season and look every bit as good as we all hoped he could be. I genuinely didn't see it happening. Last night he was ridiculous, as he often is.

Withnail

Yeah, I just sometimes wonder if that isn’t just some kind of bias. We get played through pretty often with Fred and McTominay in there, see the first half last night. If that happened with Pogba in the midfield, he’d been getting slaughtered.

Off topic anyway, as Shaw is fantastic. I really hope he gets rewarded with the left back slot at the Euros. I find it so dull watching England when there’s no United interest.
Nah give them all the Summer off I say (as an Irishman)

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I said it in the other thread, but he's world class.

Dan_F

Nah give them all the Summer off I say (as an Irishman)
Don’t get me wrong, I feel the same way for friendlies etc. And actually, I wouldn’t be disappointed if Rashford missed the tournament. I just think it might give Shaw an even bigger boost to his confidence.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
For me he is the best left back in the league. In fact I couldn’t think of any other left back at the moment who could replace him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I did always think he would eventually improve (people forget a lot of players still peak around 25-28) but I didn't expect him to be this good.

I actually thought he was playing quite poorly yesterday but he improved as the game went on. His first touch is sublime and his passing looks effortless sometimes. I honestly don't know where all this superb technical ability has come from :lol:

AltiUn

I did always think he would eventually improve (people forget a lot of players still peak around 25-28) but I didn't expect him to be this good.

I actually thought he was playing quite poorly yesterday but he improved as the game went on. His first touch is sublime and his passing looks effortless sometimes. I honestly don't know where all this superb technical ability has come from :lol:
I've always thought he was quite good technically, I felt he had other failings. Even so, I'm not sure I thought he was good enough to be smacking 40 yard outside of the boot passes :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Imagine rating Brandon Williams above Luke Shaw. Shaw is Maldini reincarnated. Excellent going both ways, graceful and powerful. One of the most incredible footballers I may have ever seen I think. We are witnessing greatness happening in real time. A couple of league titles and a CL in the next 5 years and his legacy will be one that will be almost impossible to reach for future LBs here.

hungrywing

After years of players like Young, Rojo and Blind, we finally have our Evra replacement :drool:
Talk about irony; in a parallel universe, Rojo means 'Raw' and you just hit the trifecta regarding our past forty-eight years (lunar calendar) of LB troubles.

AltiUn

Imagine rating Brandon Williams above Luke Shaw. Shaw is Maldini reincarnated. Excellent going both ways, graceful and powerful. One of the most incredible footballers I may have ever seen I think. We are witnessing greatness happening in real time. A couple of league titles and a CL in the next 5 years and his legacy will be one that will be almost impossible to reach for future LBs here.
I'm certainly guilty of that. Sadly it's probably not even the most stupid opinion I've had while posting here :lol: as a side note I don't think I've ever seen you so enamoured with a player.

Jezpeza

I always wanted him to do well. The leg break wasnt helpful and then there was a time where mourinho wanted to blame him for anything in between it raining to us losing a game and i thought Luke had given up

i thought at one stage we should one hundred percent sign telles for about 50 million at that stage he was quoted at. Very glad we didnt.

he’s a machine at left back now

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm certainly guilty of that. Sadly it's probably not even the most stupid opinion I've had while posting here :lol: as a side note I don't think I've ever seen you so enamoured with a player.
Haha, I can’t speak highly enough of him. He’s absolutely incredible. Even for those who like to nitpick and find weaknesses, it is very hard to find any. I don’t even see him as a ‘left-back’, he’s just a great footballer.

BlahRules

The way Luke Shaw is playing right now, I feel he can play as a number 6 similar to Lahm and Kimmich.

Idxomer

After years of players like Young, Rojo and Blind, we finally have our Evra replacement :drool:
I enjoy his performances so much I completely forgot those painful years of Young at left-back.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He's like what Sir Alex imagined Phil Jones would turn into (except at fullback). What a player. He makes those guys on the gay forum look like they were onto some Minority Report type shit.
I honestly can't believe how good a footballer he's turned into.

NoLogo

I have to admit I had given up hope on Shaw but he proved me wrong. Great stuff from him so far this season, looke like he is in the form of his life. Hope he can continue in that way for many more years.

Gator Nate

Mourinho should’ve been sacked for his handling of Shaw alone.

How a so called top level manager could be so abysmal at getting the best out of a player when the talent is clearly there is beyond me.
And let's flip that script: Look at how Shaw has thrived under Ole.

Idxomer

fecking hell, a fullback shouldn't be that talented. At a walking pace and still a level above almost everyone on the ball.

RUCK4444

fecking hell, a fullback shouldn't be that talented. At a walking pace and still a level above almost everyone on the ball.
Eh? He’s a had his worst 45 mins for ages.

Don’t get me wrong, love him, just an off bump if not being sarcastic?

Idxomer

Eh? He’s a had his worst 45 mins for ages.

Don’t get me wrong, love him, just an off bump if not being sarcastic?
Not really, he isn't trying much and still involved with ease in our 2 best moves of the game.