Shaw is our best full back and best FB in Europe (edited)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maybe Robertson is better, touch and go.

Shaw is awesome though, wouldn't swap him for any LB in the league.
Yeah, i was thinking that too. Robertson or him. I prefer Shaw because he is technically more gifted. But they two are above all others at the moment

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, i was thinking that too. Robertson or him. I prefer Shaw because he is technically more gifted. But they two are above all others at the moment
And not a twat too.

I hope he stays fit and keeps up this form. Also it will help his case if our players stop missing chances created by him.

RUCK4444

Best fullback in the league at the minute.

When he’s in this form he brings so much to our general buildup, we are so much better on that side when he plays.

Always kept faith in him.

bsCallout

Ole deserves credit for getting our players invested and helping them remain professional.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It'll be a very tight POTY between him and Fernandes, I could completely understand either getting it. Shaw getting it would mean he's had 2 POTY awards since he joined, what a player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is a monster. Seriously, would anybody swap him for any fb in the world right now?

Skills

Snitch
Imagine he spent 2 years playing back up to Ashley Young. Mourinho :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Imagine he spent 2 years playing back up to Ashley Young. Mourinho :lol:
Not to mention he lost so much development time due to a horrific leg break, he's certainly had to overcome some obstacles to get where he is.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He is a monster. Seriously, would anybody swap him for any fb in the world right now?
Right now? I wouldn't have swapped him at any point for any fb bar Marcelo. It was obvious he was a star in the making at Southampton.

He had a rough first season settling in, but was coming into his own before that injury and a manager in Mourinho who did his best to sabotage his career. I'm not surprised at his current level at all.

Giggsy13

Bruno will ultimately win our player of the season but serious consideration should be given to Shaw. He’s been brilliant.

Lee565

Would be criminal if he isn't England's first choice left back come the euro's if he finishes the season like he has played up to this point in the season so far

GMoore23

He was purchased with the belief that he'd become one of the worlds best fullbacks.
Great to see him finally delivering. An all round brilliant footballer.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I echoed this awhile back. Someone needs to post what fans said about shaw last season. I am sure quite a lot will be embarrassed. Similarly, a lot of our players will have a dip in form. I expect martial, Greenwood, and few other to have similiar resurgence if our managers keep faith in them.

Last edited:

Idxomer

Can't help but say told you so, with a couple of others tbf.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Top man. He wasn't lying when he said the manager told him he's the best finisher at the club.

cyberman

He and Rashford are phenomenal together. They open up teams on their own time and time again

PieCrust

Telles deserves a lot of credit here as well. Shaw is showing exactly how you should respond when someone is brought it to challenge your spot.

el3mel

He's the best in the league by a long margin and one of the best in the world, probably second only to Alphonso Davies of Bayern.

Dr. StrangeHate

He's the best in the league by a long margin and one of the best in the world, probably second only to Alphonso Davies of Bayern.
Difference is I feel Shaw is a better defender than Davies so it might be 50/50.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Shaw has been our best player the last 2 seasons just without the numbers. You could see he was dominant and it was all coming back together for him. What a good player he’s become!
Our form dipped after the restart when Shaw got injured, clear as day he's a key player.

OmarUnited4ever

Would be criminal if he isn't England's first choice left back come the euro's if he finishes the season like he has played up to this point in the season so far

Totally agree, and no way he isn't the first choice fullback, he is playing way better than Chilwell, who's is playing as LWB most of the time, I can see Trent or Reece becoming the starting RB for Engalnd, most likely Trent, but at LB, it's definitely Shaw, it's very clear

MU655

I think he has been very good for a long time, just underrated. This season he has been the best in the league. Arguably, the best in the world at the moment from what I have seen. He is pretty unlucky not to have much better stats in terms of assists.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On this season, very definitely the best left back in the league.
So glad the club persevered when most of us would have shipped him off for the likes of Danny Rose, or even for the more idiotic, played Williams instead.

davidmichael

Fernandes will PFA and FWA Player Of The Year because of his goals and assists grab the headlines and I guess as it’s pretty much always been that way in England you could say rightly so BUT if I was to pick the most consistent player all year then for me it’s been Shaw.

How he’s responded to Telles coming in is exactly how you want a player to respond but he’s been very consistent for a good few years now, the problem has always been worrying if he’ll stay fit as he was always getting niggles that disrupted his form as he’s a player that gets better with long runs of playing.