Shea Lacey

Demaw

He‘s a very good player, however I do fear his size and complete lack of pace will stop him becoming a great player in the future.
I agree with that, we have has a lot of talented kids who are amazing on the ball but too slow and get found out at senior level. Angel, Cleverly, Gibson, David Jones, Pereira, Garner, Mats Daehli, Shola and more.

PS18

'Get found out at senior level' is an odd thing to say about a group of players who all had/are having very productive senior careers.

Lacey's not rapid but 'complete lack of pace' seems like an over-exaggeration as well.

Gungerz

He can't sign a pro contract until 17. Are we sure that's not the photo from his scholarship signing?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He can't sign a pro contract until 17. Are we sure that's not the photo from his scholarship signing?
That’s from his agent’s instagram today, which Lacey himself shared. They can’t but just like Harrison Parker, the Fletcher brothers and so many others he’s probably signed one of those pre-contracts which means the pro part of it kicks in when he turns 17.

Here’s the photo from his scholarship signing.

top1whoisman

Scout
Called up to the England U17s squad for September matches against Portugal, Morocco and Spain.

Gungerz

Lacey almost certainly won't make the World Cup squad, he's with a completely different age group. The tournament is the 2006s + Nwaneri and maybe Rigg. Lacey has never played with that group.

top1whoisman

Scout
Lacey almost certainly won't make the World Cup squad, he's with a completely different age group. The tournament is the 2006s + Nwaneri and maybe Rigg. Lacey has never played with that group.
I’d say they wouldn’t have called him up to the squad two months before World Cup if he wasn’t in their plans.

Gungerz

I’d say they wouldn’t have called him up to the squad two months before World Cup if he wasn’t in their plans.
He's been called up to the new U17s cycle (2007 born players). Same team he was playing in last season with Amass, Fletchers, Mheuka, etc.

The team that is competing at the World Cup are now U18s.

top1whoisman

Scout
He's been called up to the new U17s cycle (2007 born players). Same team he was playing in last season with Amass, Fletchers, Mheuka, etc.

The team that is competing at the World Cup are now U18s.
Ah okay, cheers.

top1whoisman

Scout
The way he strikes the ball and the power he generates behind these crosses… Two assists in the first 11 minutes of his England U17 debut. Not bad, son.

Last edited:

Dread Devil

Very impressed with his touch, control and passing….they way he moves with the ball in any direction is incredible…looking forward to seeing more…

top1whoisman

Scout
Two goals and two assists in his first two starts for England U17s. A decent international break for Mr. Lacey.

Chief123

Seen him for the first time today. He looks a real talent. I’m not one to over react but he’s going to win a Ballon Dor.

Asger

Barcelona would probably use him this season if he was their player.

Dan_F

Please dont punch anyone
I can’t be arsed with this discussion but he liked a tweet by Andrew Tate from when he first got locked up. If it was one of my students I’d be approaching it in conversation.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Looks very talented, seems to know where the net is, appears to be two footed, good vision, but on watching him for England, he seems a little lightweight, get eased off the ball too easily at the moment, so needs to get used to playing against bigger, stronger players. I have no doubt that in time he will become an excellent player, but let's not go overboard.

Cathy Ferguson

Looks very talented, seems to know where the net is, appears to be two footed, good vision, but on watching him for England, he seems a little lightweight, get eased off the ball too easily at the moment, so needs to get used to playing against bigger, stronger players. I have no doubt that in time he will become an excellent player, but let's not go overboard.
Lacks pace right?