Shea Lacey

lysglimt

Scout
I can name a few City-players over the last 5-6 seasons who weren't lightning quick - but they were still darn near impossible to nick the ball from - Lacey reminds me of a few of those

stealthy

I can name a few City-players over the last 5-6 seasons who weren't lightning quick - but they were still darn near impossible to nick the ball from - Lacey reminds me of a few of those
Oscar Bobb I’m told the latest of them, is absolute quality. With our first team working towards a more possession based style it could suit Shea has he appears to have similar attributes . If he can develop the game intelligence to go with his ability he could have a good career ahead.

lysglimt

Scout
Oscar Bobb I’m told the latest of them, is absolute quality. With our first team working towards a more possession based style it could suit Shea has he appears to have similar attributes . If he can develop the game intelligence to go with his ability he could have a good career ahead.
Norway could have a really interesting team going forward:

Nusa, Haaland, Bobb, Ødegaard

if they only had a good goalkeeper and some decent defenders

Mickson

Norway could have a really interesting team going forward:

Nusa, Haaland, Bobb, Ødegaard

if they only had a good goalkeeper and some decent defenders
Ironically, Sweden has the exact same problem, which is funny because Nordic countries usually have their strengths in organization and defense. All the best players in Sweden now are attackers: Isak, Kulusevski, Elanga, J.Karlsson, Forsberg, Gyökeres. But maybe it's a generation thing. I mean, if you look at United it's pretty much the same. We talked about the lack of CBs in another thread.

Bondi77

Could be very good but could also just be the best kid in the playground.
Some of these defenders he comes up against will be lucky to end up as semi pros so I won't be getting excited until he is doing these things at a much higher level.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Some of these defenders he comes up against will be lucky to end up as semi pros so I won't be getting excited until he is doing these things at a much higher level.
You mean the U17s defenders in the Portugal and Spain squads? The ones he scored two goals and assisted two goals against in about 140 minutes.

Bondi77

You mean the U17s defenders in the Portugal and Spain squads? The ones he scored two goals and assisted two goals against in about 140 minutes.
So does that mean they are going to be defenders that will play at a very high level as men then?

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I’ve been watching this guy for a couple of months now and think he’s going to be a special player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I know what you're trying to say but it's a really pointless comment, you may as well just copy and paste this in every youth player's thread. People don't need to wait until he's playing in the Champions League final to get excited about a player, otherwise there's no point even watching youth football.

top1whoisman

Scout
So does that mean they are going to be defenders that will play at a very high level as men then?
Well as @AltiUn said you might as well never get excited about an academy player then. If being brilliant on international level is not ”enough” then I don’t know what is. He’s 16, it’s not realistic to expect him playing against Bayern in the CL.

Bondi77

Well as @AltiUn said you might as well never get excited about an academy player then. If being brilliant on international level is not ”enough” then I don’t know what is. He’s 16, it’s not realistic to expect him playing against Bayern in the CL.
The point is I don't get excited about them until they are doing it at a higher level because there are plenty of kids doing similar things at clubs all over the world that will not make it.

top1whoisman

Scout
The point is I don't get excited about them until they are doing it at a higher level because there are plenty of kids doing similar things at clubs all over the world that will not make it.
Each to their own.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Why are you in the youth forum then?

Bondi77

Why are you in the youth forum then?
Because I am aware of the youths and I follow them until they make it or until they don't and are moved on....I just don't get really invested in them until they are doing it at 18-19yo for the reasons I have already stated.

M16Red

Because I am aware of the youths and I follow them until they make it or until they don't and are moved on....I just don't get really invested in them until they are doing it at 18-19yo for the reasons I have already stated.
Is time not seen as an investment?

Technically he looks very good, if it was a physical element to it I'd agree. like if a player being stronger than all the players around them - that to me is where I question is it just physicality or speed.

Bondi77

Is time not seen as an investment?

Technically he looks very good, if it was a physical element to it I'd agree. like if a player being stronger than all the players around them - that to me is where I question is it just physicality or speed.
True, good point.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Two goals and an assist vs. Newcastle's U-18 team. :drool:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Who had the assist for that 2nd one? Great work.

Gungerz

Goal & an assist today for England U17s in a 3-0 win over Norway.

khoazany

I think the output is gonna separate him from the likes of Angel Gomes. He seems to always score or assist regardless of whether he fades out of the game.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
He is certainly a hugely promising prospect. It's really fascinating watching our kids coming through. There is always a doubt whether they will make it but certainly Shea looks an exciting prospect

dubplate warrior

Giving me a similar vibe to Mason in terms of I'm sure he'll play for the first team soon enough.

MrBest

He gives me foden vibes. Would love to see an appearance or two this year from him, but I don't think Hag trusts youngsters otherwise we would have seen some very talented 20 years olds instead.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He gives me foden vibes. Would love to see an appearance or two this year from him, but I don't think Hag trusts youngsters otherwise we would have seen some very talented 20 years olds instead.
That's my biggest disappointment/gripe with ETH -- he doesn't seem to want to help develop the kids.
Sure they will have their inconsistencies -- comes with the territory. But he has to help them through it -- and not drop them after a poor performance or decision -- and not play them for another month.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's my biggest disappointment/gripe with ETH -- he doesn't seem to want to help develop the kids.
Sure they will have their inconsistencies -- comes with the territory. But he has to help them through it -- and not drop them after a poor performance or decision -- and not play them for another month.
Who are these “very talented 20 year olds” not being given a fair crack of the whip by ETH? Our most talented youngster by far is Garnacho, who’s had a loads of opportunities to nail down a place in our best XI. If anything, too many.

stealthy

Are we losing track of the fact we want to be an elite European club again. ETH doesn’t have 20 year olds at that level at his disposal so who is he supposed to put in?
Current academy graduates like McTominay on that logic shouldn’t be at the club.
We need to start thinking like an elite club and stop calling for debuts to be given out to players not at elite level.
No more academy tokens just world class talent.
Correct me I’m wrong and we have such players ready, available, and not used

VDG17

Are we losing track of the fact we want to be an elite European club again. ETH doesn’t have 20 year olds at that level at his disposal so who is he supposed to put in?
Current academy graduates like McTominay on that logic shouldn’t be at the club.
We need to start thinking like an elite club and stop calling for debuts to be given out to players not at elite level.
No more academy tokens just world class talent.
Correct me I’m wrong and we have such players ready, available, and not used
I think there is a middle ground here. ETH currently doesn't have the safety to take risks and has to take every game very seriously, he should therefore be prioritising only those fully deserving to play. More established managers can afford to throw people in and give them a chance. Fergie would think nothing of fielding a young side in the league cup or a youngster if numbers were short, every now and again someone flourishes when you do that. He currently can't afford not to try and win the FA or league cup because it could be the only opportunity we have for a trophy.

ETH over a longer period needs to establish himself to the point he feels comfortable doing that, he got there at Ajax for sure so I won't rule it out. There are some players in the setup who might or might not be good enough and at the moment they might never get the chance to prove it because he can't take the risk.

stealthy

I think there is a middle ground here. ETH currently doesn't have the safety to take risks and has to take every game very seriously, he should therefore be prioritising only those fully deserving to play. More established managers can afford to throw people in and give them a chance. Fergie would think nothing of fielding a young side in the league cup or a youngster if numbers were short, every now and again someone flourishes when you do that. He currently can't afford not to try and win the FA or league cup because it could be the only opportunity we have for a trophy.

ETH over a longer period needs to establish himself to the point he feels comfortable doing that, he got there at Ajax for sure so I won't rule it out. There are some players in the setup who might or might not be good enough and at the moment they might never get the chance to prove it because he can't take the risk.
Agree but it’s the same at all the top clubs, the bar is so high they may never get the opportunity.
Good loan systems or sale with buy back and sell on clauses needed. Gore is going to be too good for another season in U21 and periphery of first team, and whilst not quite first team ready is deserving of the opportunity to develop in a first team environment. Next season could be a big one for the likes of him, so hopefully the club can manage it correctly

khoazany

Weird post. Both Garnacho and Hannibal are around 20, not counting singings like Hollund. The only one that you could argue should have been given chances instead is Fernandez. Forson is same age as Garnacho but I don't think he's at the level of too good to not be given chances. Laird and Mengi - right decision from them to leave as injuries screwed their development and you can't have that much time at a club like United.

Last edited: