Shinji Kagawa - Dortmund Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Watch him allmost instantly become a mainstay in that dortmund side again. feck me i want klopp managing united :(
Well he's been away for two years and the time at United probably cost him a lot of his confidence. But I think if he gets close to his former self he can lift Dortmund to the next level, because Mkhitaryan and Reus both need a bit of space to unlock the their full potential and Kagawa is/was exactly the player who could give it to them, by drawing out/binding defenders and quick comibinations.

RedFish

That is my point. We of all clubs should be adapting to the attributes of our class players, not expecting them to perform in a dysfunctional system who's most used asset is Antonio fecking Valencia
Wrong again. The best players should adapt to the system imposed by the head coach. This will be the aim and the players at United will be able to play in LvG'S system or they will be discarded. Simple.

Kakeru

Totally disgusted that we've sold him and for such a low fee especially while the likes of Young and Valencia remain.
Whenever I read these 2 names, I really want to throw up. It is just plain disgusting to see how managers can overtrust some individuals who deserve nothing and then distrust others for the wrong reasons.:annoyed::houllier:

Annahnomoss

This sale really highlights United's current problems. We are selling a player who we deem not good enough to start, to a team which is much, much better than us - where he was once the star of the team.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Even though he was far from perfect for us I am bit sad. I just can't believe that we are getting rid the likes of Kagawa and Nani and keeping the likes of Young and Valencia(I know nobody wants them).

Oo0AahCantona

This sale really highlights United's current problems. We are selling a player who we deem not good enough to start, to a team which is much, much better than us - where he was once the star of the team.
if/when he starts dominating games, its going to be the PERFECT wakeup call to show just how bad at football we truly are.

Ainu

It was a case of him not really fitting into Van Gaal's plans. How does that highlight any problems?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was doomed here from the moment we signed Van Persie really.

We'll never know how Rooney and Kagawa would have teamed up, but as we won the league that year, who can moan!

For me, he just never cut it, and he did start a load of games, more than people admit too. Many from wide, but players interchanged, and he just didn't hit the heights.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
6.3 million? :houllier:

You're doing it wrong. Thats a woeful fee for a player that was very good before he left Dortmund.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Does it matter?

We're getting 3/4m more than we should for Cleverely and about the same less for Kagawa. Rather than than hold on to him which benefits neither the club nor Kagawa.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Well he hardly plays so at least he is off the wage bill.

If we never signed RVP I am sure he would have got more chances as a No.10. Sad to see him go but I guess this just wasn't the club for him.

Shimo

Well Van Gaal has, several times, made it clear how disappointed he's been with Kagawa. It's clear neither Moyes nor Van Gaal thought he was the world beater some think he is, having wwatched him every day in training.
Only thing LVG said was he wasn't able to fulfill the 6/8 role. From that the media said he was unwilling and that LVG was disappointed in him. It's also a far cry from LVG saying several times he's been disappointed in him but, that's not going to stop people from making up things. Also, have to wonder why LVG even tried him in a 6/8 when he had other options there but, perhaps it stands to reason that he rates Kagawa enough to try him in a position he's not really played just to get him on the field. Seeing as that didn't work out and we know is that LVG has said he has too many 9s and 10s, that Kagawa is being allowed to leave as there are other top players that are currently ahead of him in the pecking order. The departure probably is through mutual agreement.

Empire

No

I don't think Fergie wanted Rooney out, the pair fell out due to Rooney not willing to play out of position anymore is the impression I got

Had Fergie stayed Rooney probably would have gone but I don't think it's a given Kagawa would of replaced him (Welbeck was preferred against Real for example while Rooney and Kagawa played second fiddle against Norwich)
Did Kagawa not start also against Real Madrid in the crucial first leg in Madrid in his preferred position? I might be wrong here but I do seem to recall that.

Rooney said he didn't want to play in central midfield, Ferguson had him drop back there for a few games nearer the end of the season remember? I'm not aware of Rooney claiming he didn't want to be a 10, from what I understand he has always stated he is either a 9 or a 10.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
6.3 million? :houllier:

You're doing it wrong. Thats a woeful fee for a player that was very good before he left Dortmund.
Yeah, give him a year in Dortmud and he'll be a 20-25m player again. Dortmund with potentially the steal of the summer with him I think.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Absolutely brilliant player who just didn't fit in here. :(
I'm glad that he went to Dortmund out of all teams, he'll be given the platform to regain his form under Klopp

anchan1989

As a Bayernguy; congrats Dortmund. A great great player, just 25. He knows Dortmund and will be back in a few months Im sure.
Over time he will be even better then in his former Dortmund days. Matured, fully grown. He, Reus, Micky(sorry) and Gündogan(back in training) could be something very good coming the CL Ko rounds.
Just great for the Bundesliga.
But Dortmund will only be 2nd at best. ;)

Bole Top

it's easy to criticise club because they sold him for nothing, but we also need to think about the player himself. he obviously isn't needed here and it just wouldn't be right to keep him on the bench for one more season because we thought he's worth extra 2-3 millions. does it really matter whether it was 8 or 12 millions?

Shimo

Good on the club to doing what it needed to do - not a fantastic deal but, it helps with reducing the wage bill and also allows a very good player to go back to a system where his talents would be more suited. It just wasn't meant to be here.

Empire

His United debut about Everton.

It's amazing how much of a difference a player like Paul Scholes makes to the game of the forward players, I hope Herrera can speed play up like that and sooner rather than later. I think the forwards need that.

Empire

Anderson has now out lived Vidic, Evra, Rio, Fabio, Berbatov, Ronaldo, Nani, Hernandez and Kagawa at the club :lol::lol:

Just give the man his testimonial and statue now
Yeah but it's not like we haven't tried to give him away, it's just difficult when nobody wants him.

Gopher Brown

Anderson has now out lived Vidic, Evra, Rio, Fabio, Berbatov, Ronaldo, Nani, Hernandez and Kagawa at the club :lol::lol:

Just give the man his testimonial and statue now
Or you could also say he's been at the club nearly twice as long as Cantona was.

Annahnomoss

As a Bayernguy; congrats Dortmund. A great great player, just 25. He knows Dortmund and will be back in a few months Im sure.
Over time he will be even better then in his former Dortmund days. Matured, fully grown. He, Reus, Micky(sorry) and Gündogan(back in training) could be something very good coming the CL Ko rounds.
Just great for the Bundesliga.
But Dortmund will only be 2nd at best. ;)
We will see if he can regain his offensive brilliance from those days. His defending has improved massively and his link up play deeper down the pitch was a weakness of his which is now a strength(better than Mata, easily).

It can go either way really, either the loss of confidence and match fitness has hurt him too much or he gets over it and they got a top player again for peanuts.

Blue always red

Oh Shinji, it was not to be. It's a shame he has gone back to the BL, but there has been such an increase in the amount of No. 10s in the PL I don't think any top club really needed him. Again, a shame his dream of playing in the PL didn't work out but hopefully when he wins it all with Dortmund we'll snap him up again.

Eila

Weird that he was sold but Hernandez will be loaned, apparently.
Do we have a buyback clause or something?

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Really don't know how to feel about this one, from what I've seen he was class for Dortmund first time and showed flashes of brilliance during his time here, just never seemed to properly hit it off at United.

Don't get me wrong - there's obviously quality there, I just don't know if our expectations of him were too high. Being pushed out the flank didn't help, Mata arriving has pretty much sealed his fate.

Thanks Shinji, I wish you well.

ghagua

Reminds me of Veron. Top player that shined in a certain system, but was asked to play differently when at United. Juan Mata, you're officially on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.