Shinji Kagawa - Dortmund Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Pretty disappointed about this, would've preferred him to stay tbh. He'll be brilliant at Dortmund again no doubt.

Rezyuz

Absolutely not. Scholes has spoken more sense in a few months as a pundit that Gary Neville has since he retired. I just wondered what the history is.
Well think Scholes is the type of guy who barely speaks, but when he does he does he unleashes the beast.

Honestly, i just think Scholes isn't made for social interaction and he has dire social skills (politically correct onces for the industry) and thats what makes him so awesome. Because he doesn't filter his brain with "i shouldn't say that he used to be a team mate or a friend" like Neville does. Beside an extremely talented guy like Scholes must have gone crazy in his head playing with the likes of Cleverley, Ando, Fletcher, Carrick for so long while not being able to put it out there and do a Roy Keane. So now he still see's it, and even worse, and he got the freedom to mention it.

Judging on his views, i highly preferred Scholes to Giggs as assistant.

Gannicus

Sad to see him go. Had he be given a chance he might have edged out Mata on the depth chart.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Anyway, it's plain to see that Fergie's plans was for Van Persie and Kagawa to be starters before David "Yes, Wayne" Moyes came in.
Rooney started a lot more games than Kagawa did under Ferguson and whenever Kagawa was used it was painfully obvious he was out of position.

Moyes also started Kagawa in more games than Ferguson did.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Scholes on BTsport this evening: "Kagawa needed a 10 game run to show what he can do. Never given a chance, yet Rooney had 10 years."
Rooney's been immense for the majority of those 10 years. Don't know why Scholes seems to have it in for him.

Loublaze

ATLien
Neither. His complaint yesterday was about Our defenders and midfielders not building up play on the ground. Unless you think Van Gaal asked the team to play long balls.
Yet he doesn't play it on the ground, Kagawa does more of this. Mata tries a lot of lobbed passes and they've been progressively getting worse.

Moriarty

Didn't Scholes injure Rooney in training after the latter had made his announcement of not renewing his contract in 2011, questioning the quality of the side? Maybe that wasn't a coincidence. :lol:

Anyway, it's plain to see that Fergie's plans was for Van Persie and Kagawa to be starters before David "Yes, Wayne" Moyes came in.
Didn't hear about the training incident. I imagine that announcement pissed more than a few players off.

Moriarty

Well think Scholes is the type of guy who barely speaks, but when he does he does he unleashes the beast.

Honestly, i just think Scholes isn't made for social interaction and he has dire social skills (politically correct onces for the industry) and thats what makes him so awesome. Because he doesn't filter his brain with "i shouldn't say that he used to be a team mate or a friend" like Neville does. Beside an extremely talented guy like Scholes must have gone crazy in his head playing with the likes of Cleverley, Ando, Fletcher, Carrick for so long while not being able to put it out there and do a Roy Keane. So now he still see's it, and even worse, and he got the freedom to mention it.

Judging on his views, i highly preferred Scholes to Giggs as assistant.
Good for him. Some of us are just not 'people pleasers' so I can relate to that. The veneer of solidarity at United did crack a bit last season (David May) in spite of the bloody obvious.

ZDwyr

Disappointed he never really reached his best with us but I hope he goes well at Dortmund (which I have no doubt he will). All the best Shinji!

Esquire

All the best Shinji. It's a shame that, despite all your teammates saying you had tremendous skills, you were never given a consistent run in the side. Maybe your game just isn't suited to the PL. Good luck bact at Dortmund where you will probably tear it up again.

Rezyuz

Good for him. Some of us are just not 'people pleasers' so I can relate to that. The veneer of solidarity at United did crack a bit last season (David May) in spite of the bloody obvious.
Yeah its the type of guy people actually want to listen to and trust when it matters. And not the "calm down, all will be fine, it takes time" clowns.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Scholes on BTsport this evening: "Kagawa needed a 10 game run to show what he can do. Never given a chance, yet Rooney had 10 years."
Is there any proof to him actually saying this? Doesn't seem like the type of thing he'd say at all though I get the impression Scholes was a huge fan of Kagawa (little things I noticed in the 12/13 season when they played together, like Scholes actively seeking out Kagawa and trusting him more with the ball then others).

XdanielredX

Good luck to him.

Didn't quite work out here, hopefully everything works out for him back in Dortmund.

Will be one of the main men now with no Gotze, Lewandowski and Reus probably on his way out next season.

Or were they the reason Kagawa was able to shine as he did for Dortmund perhaps?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
this is bullshit

Shinji is class, and that fee is just ridiculous. Terrible piece of business in my opinion.

farewell shinji san. Stay classy in Dortmund

(my last 2 jerseys i bought where Shinji and Cleverley :(... still deciding what number to get this season)

Loublaze

ATLien
this is bullshit

Shinji is class, and that fee is just ridiculous. Terrible piece of business in my opinion.

(my last 2 jerseys i bought where Shinji and Cleverley :(... still deciding what number to get this season)
Complete the sequence and get Hernandez

MJJ

this is bullshit

Get a sterling T-Shirt please.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
this is bullshit

Get both Young and Valencia and we'll owe you a big favour.

NinjaZombie

Rooney started a lot more games than Kagawa did under Ferguson and whenever Kagawa was used it was painfully obvious he was out of position.

Moyes also started Kagawa in more games than Ferguson did.
Of course Rooney did. He was still an important player in Ferguson's last season. Though it was telling that Rooney did not start in arguably our biggest game of that season (the Madrid game) and Ferguson had pretty much prepared the fans for Rooney's departure in his last few weeks at the club with that announcement that he wanted to leave and leaving him out of the team vs Swansea at home. Besides, two signings in RVP and Kagawa, both in positions Rooney plays in. Coincidence? At best, Fergie thought Rooney was better off playing in centre midfield than upfront.

Regarding the second point, Kagawa did have a lengthy spell out injured in his first season.

NK86

I hope we have sold them Kagawa cheap so as to have a first refusal or some sort of deal to get Hummels in next summer since Reus can totally decide where he wants to go as long as a buying club offers his buyout next summer.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Of course Rooney did. He was still an important player in Ferguson's last season. Though it was telling that Rooney did not start in arguably our biggest game of that season (the Madrid game) and Ferguson had pretty much prepared the fans for Rooney's departure in his last few weeks at the club with that announcement that he wanted to leave and leaving him out of the team vs Swansea at home. Besides, two signings in RVP and Kagawa, both in positions Rooney plays in. Coincidence? At best, Fergie thought Rooney was better off playing in centre midfield than upfront.

Regarding the second point, Kagawa did have a lengthy spell out injured in his first season.
Kagawa didn't either

gasmanc

Banned
Well said Scholes, not sure the right ones gone out the door to be honest but it's done and wish Kagawa the best of luck. Must have jumped at the chance the minute Klopp gave him the old curly finger.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Anyone see Scholes say that live? I really doubt he said that. Not too long ago he said Lingard should have challenged Kagawa for minutes.

Ekeke

Agree with this.
Over 2 years Kagawa probably did have 5-10 matches in the hole and overall I don't think he did enough in those games. A couple he was brilliant, a couple good, some others he was average and some poor. However, when he played there it tended to be with the reserves in cup games and things like that, not our first choice players and rarely for more than 1 game in a row. We definitely didn't give him a run in his best position and there arent many players who succeed when they dont get that.

NinjaZombie

Kagawa didn't either
Ah, but what are you saying, that Ferguson was getting rid of Kagawa so soon after he was bought? I thought it was telling that Rooney, a much more established name, did not start that game.

I still maintain I didn't feel he was given enough chances. Playing in his preferred position only in games where we rest our first teamers isn't what I'd call optimal. Anyway, he's gone. We'll move on.

quackattack

You're right, there. If only on the basis that a "great player" would have a hell of a lot more than two good half seasons on his cv by the time he's 26 years old.
The issue here is that, yes, he didn't have such good seasons, but people fail to see that when he played he contributed in other ways than assist/goals. Movements W and W/O ball is a typical example that seems to be underestimated greatly here. Also he had many good ideas and clever attempts that the fellow team mates seemed to just plainly ignore by doing silly runs abd backward passes instead of moving constantly. A good picture of the pale and boring United these days.

A great player adapts to positions and tactics. You might not play the offensive player in defense - but it would not matter if he is played left or right or center. A great player anticipates the actions of his fellow players and does not need a set system.
Then all of our current squad is great players that fits well into a mid table team. And I must say that Cleverly, Young, Valencia, even Rooney and Fletcher has been excellent at being "great players" lately by knowing exactly where to find their team mates...a short pass backwards...

Can you imagine if we had Kagawa when Ronnie/Rooney and Tevez were at the club :drool:

Right player, wrong time. That sums up Kagawa for me.
I have a feeling that Berbatov might have been a perfect suit for Kagawa. Unfortunate and corret assumption afaik.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Disappointed to see him go for sure, but it's probably for the best for his career really.

montpelier

The Scholes punditry seems a bit like his tackling. You're never quite sure what's gonna get dished out. Accidentally, obviously. :).

bishblaize

The issue here is that, yes, he didn't have such good seasons, but people fail to see that when he played he contributed in other ways than assist/goals. Movements W and W/O ball is a typical example that seems to be underestimated greatly here. Also he had many good ideas and clever attempts that the fellow team mates seemed to just plainly ignore by doing silly runs abd backward passes instead of moving constantly. A good picture of the pale and boring United these days..
So essentially he was too good for United?

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Point One: Utter bollocks..

Point Two: Years and years: He has had two full seasons with us, both of which under difference managers who fitted him in where they could.
:lol: ok. Shit like this are the worst comments, even worse then his biggest fanboys. A player you find at hull? :houllier: Ignore him being Dortmunds best player before we bought him.

He's a very good player who didn't suit our style at all. Not premier league material is bollocks, put him in Liverpool or arsenals teams and he'd look fantastic. Put him in uniteds static team and the same happens like with all #10's, they look a bit useless.
This is one of the worst posts I've seen in redcafe.
Terrible post.

Kagawa will once again look like a world beater when he's put into a side with pace/energy and who focus on attacking with quick transitions/direct passing and a high press. It's no coincidence that Mata has looked like garbage playing behind Rooney/RVP and infront of this awful midfield.
Now tell us how you really feel.
A player in a team like Hull?!

Like other posters have said above, this post is wrong on so many different levels, don't even know where to begin.

I hope he gets back to his best at Dortmund. It's a pity we couldn't keep him as backup for Mata, but at his age, you'd understand he wants to be first choice again.
There you go, fans backing a player who is:
1. Not needed at the club
2. Never performed

It's ridiculous how some players always get away with underperforming. It was the same thing with Anderson and Nani for a couple of years. I understand that some of you like him because he seem to be quiet, humble and overall a good team player. I believe it's the japanese culture of being polite that have created this generic japanese personality that is so easy to apply on each asian player.

He never made an impact here and will never be needed. Yet there are fans who believe he was unfairly treated or should have had a third year. Louis Van Gaal also believe the guy have to leave - what more do you need to hear? Just look at the kind of treatment Cleverley received from this forum ffs. A home grown guy who never cost us a thing and tried his best.

So to call my post SHIT and stuff like that is just a sign of how emotinally attached to this player you are. This is not a social business. It's about competition and a club like Man United can not afford letting players be below standards. LVG only begun cleaning up the mess. I am impressed with the way he's gone about business. I'm really confident we will end up with a pretty good team at the end. I'm lookint 3-4 years ahead now - that's the kind of horizion LVG is working towards. Many of his former teams like Barca and Bayern blossomed extremely much just 1-2 years after his departure. So when LVG is building a squad you can be sure it is something that could become a world team.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I liked him but somehow it just didnt work out as we all hoped it would. Hope he finds his best form again in Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.