Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
There you go, fans backing a player who is:
1. Not needed at the club
2. Never performed

It's ridiculous how some players always get away with underperforming. It was the same thing with Anderson and Nani for a couple of years. I understand that some of you like him because he seem to be quiet, humble and overall a good team player. I believe it's the japanese culture of being polite that have created this generic japanese personality that is so easy to apply on each asian player.

He never made an impact here and will never be needed. Yet there are fans who believe he was unfairly treated or should have had a third year. Louis Van Gaal also believe the guy have to leave - what more do you need to hear? Just look at the kind of treatment Cleverley received from this forum ffs. A home grown guy who never cost us a thing and tried his best.

So to call my post SHIT and stuff like that is just a sign of how emotinally attached to this player you are. This is not a social business. It's about competition and a club like Man United can not afford letting players be below standards. LVG only begun cleaning up the mess. I am impressed with the way he's gone about business. I'm really confident we will end up with a pretty good team at the end. I'm lookint 3-4 years ahead now - that's the kind of horizion LVG is working towards. Many of his former teams like Barca and Bayern blossomed extremely much just 1-2 years after his departure. So when LVG is building a squad you can be sure it is something that could become a world team.
So what is left if your arguments if he does not fail at Dortmund now?

NessunDorma

Rooney started a lot more games than Kagawa did under Ferguson and whenever Kagawa was used it was painfully obvious he was out of position.

Moyes also started Kagawa in more games than Ferguson did.
People keep saying it's all Moyes' fault, and that Fergie was about to see the light and kick Rooney out of the club, to be replaced by the obviously superior Kagawa.

They are conveniently forgetting that it's LvG - not Moyes - who has decided to sell Kagawa and make Rooney his captain.

Maybe they just can't deal with the fact that LvG considers Rooney to be the better player for Manchester United, after two years of arguing otherwise?

And they don't want to be seen to be criticising LvG (a hipster favourite in the same way Kagawa is) so they'll just throw another punch at the memory of a man who is long gone.

Last edited:

itso 7

It wasn't working out and he was clearly going to rot on the bench here, what with Mata and Di Maria now here, so it's for the best buit did we have to effectively donate him to Dortmund ?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm actually disappointed that we let go of Kagawa. I felt that he would been a better option than Mata, currently, in this 3-5-2 setup as he offers more movement and allow us to play at a faster pace. He would have been the perfect foil for our team at this current moment as Mata's too static and relies more on players creating spaces for him rather than he himself looking for spaces. Plus, Kagawa's creativity could have been unlocked in this role as well. Rooney and van Persie would have revelled playing with him as well with his buzzing movement and constant involvement in the game.

I really am disappointed; I thought he'd be given a chance to clearly compete with Mata, but I think the MK Dons match probably gave Kagawa an indication that he's surplus to requirements. Oh well, it's done, and I'm sure he'd have a great impact at Dortmund and bring the best out of Reus, Immobile, Ramos, Gundogan, and Mkhitaryan.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It wasn't working out and he was clearly going to rot on the bench here, what with Mata and Di Maria now here, so it's for the best buit did we have to effectively donate him to Dortmund ?
I'm getting the feeling that di Maria may play as the midfielder behind the front 2 instead of Mata in the 3-5-2 given his better movement and greater energy and pace.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
So what is left if your arguments if he does not fail at Dortmund now?
If he does not fail at Dortmund now I will write an open letter on the forum + a personal PM to each and one of you explaining I was all wrong.

However, chances of that happening (Kagawa being a success) are not very big.

How about you? You already seen a fail, so how likely is it you will ever give me credit?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If he does not fail at Dortmund now I will write an open letter on the forum + a personal PM to each and one of you explaining I was all wrong.

However, chances of that happening (Kagawa being a success) are not very big.

How about you? You already seen a fail, so how likely is it you will ever give me credit?
I'm convinced that he will have an impact at Dortmund, so is Dortmund's leadership and they have seen more of him than any other coach. Even if he plays exactly the same way he did for United he'll look good, because both teams have a different style of football.

Last edited:

bishblaize

I'm convinced that he will have an impact at Dortmund, so is Dortmund's leadership and they have seen more of him than any other coach.
Indeed, I'm sure he will, once he gets his fitness up to scratch. But as we all know all too well from our experience with Gordon Strachan, a player doing well in one environment does not automatically do well in another.

Nights

There you go, fans backing a player who is:
1. Not needed at the club
2. Never performed

It's ridiculous how some players always get away with underperforming. It was the same thing with Anderson and Nani for a couple of years. I understand that some of you like him because he seem to be quiet, humble and overall a good team player. I believe it's the japanese culture of being polite that have created this generic japanese personality that is so easy to apply on each asian player.

He never made an impact here and will never be needed. Yet there are fans who believe he was unfairly treated or should have had a third year. Louis Van Gaal also believe the guy have to leave - what more do you need to hear? Just look at the kind of treatment Cleverley received from this forum ffs. A home grown guy who never cost us a thing and tried his best.

So to call my post SHIT and stuff like that is just a sign of how emotinally attached to this player you are. This is not a social business. It's about competition and a club like Man United can not afford letting players be below standards. LVG only begun cleaning up the mess. I am impressed with the way he's gone about business. I'm really confident we will end up with a pretty good team at the end. I'm lookint 3-4 years ahead now - that's the kind of horizion LVG is working towards. Many of his former teams like Barca and Bayern blossomed extremely much just 1-2 years after his departure. So when LVG is building a squad you can be sure it is something that could become a world team.
If we weren't keen on letting players be "below standards" as you say, then why are Young, Valencia, Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher still playing for us? And the thing is, those players have consistently underperformed virtually every single time they play. Yet they keep getting played again and again in their favoured position. Even Rooney's form goes to shit every time he doesn't play for a while after one of his usual injuries and we have to endure about 3-4 games where he runs around the pitch with balls bouncing off his shins before he gets back into his rhythm again. How would he feel if we only ever game him 1-2 games to get back to form and sit him on the bench before he gets his groove back.

Like that quote from Scholes, if you sign a player, the least you can do before selling them is to properly play them in their position for a decent run of games. Not once or twice then shunted out. You don't see Young or Valenica asked to play CM do you? Has Cleverley ever managed to excel as a winger? Fellaini do ok as a RB?

Either way, I'm disappointed that we're selling him and I hope that he regains his form at Dortmund. But to say he's Hull level? That's just ridiculous. Unless you think the Bundesliga is some second rate league (which it's not).

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Kagawa performing well at Dortmund shouldn't surprise any of us. Some players, despite their talent and quality, aren't just meant to perform for certain teams.
It is as simple as that.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
If we weren't keen on letting players be "below standards" as you say, then why are Young, Valencia, Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher still playing for us? And the thing is, those players have consistently underperformed virtually every single time they play. Yet they keep getting played again and again in their favoured position. Even Rooney's form goes to shit every time he doesn't play for a while after one of his usual injuries and we have to endure about 3-4 games where he runs around the pitch with balls bouncing off his shins before he gets back into his rhythm again. How would he feel if we only ever game him 1-2 games to get back to form and sit him on the bench before he gets his groove back.

Like that quote from Scholes, if you sign a player, the least you can do before selling them is to properly play them in their position for a decent run of games. Not once or twice then shunted out. You don't see Young or Valenica asked to play CM do you? Has Cleverley ever managed to excel as a winger? Fellaini do ok as a RB?

Either way, I'm disappointed that we're selling him and I hope that he regains his form at Dortmund. But to say he's Hull level? That's just ridiculous. Unless you think the Bundesliga is some second rate league (which it's not).
Kagawa had his time, stop saying he didn't get any chances. That's just ignorance.

Young, Valencia etc are being called names on every occasion. Kagawa is just getting his usual: ":( :( I feel sorry for the lad. Perhaps he will do better next time"

LVG is probably gonna get rid of all the players who are below standards - be sure of that. He only just got started.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Good luck to him. Dortmund's style is/was unique. Like Sahin, it possibly suited him so much that he couldn't replicate his performances elsewhere.
But he's kept quiet even though it hasn't been easy for him. He was great to watch at Dortmund, so hopefully he gets back to something like that.

Acole9

Outstanding
Back where he belongs. Never really suited United, all the best Shinji.

Fbh112

squelchy shoes
Best of luck to him, hope to see set the Bundesliga alight again. Real shame that it never worked out for him at United as on form he is a lovely player to watch. So unlucky at the club in terms of just not having a role that suited.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, just the extremely positive energy in the club and among supporters right now is worth the 8 Mil. €. Its nice to see both camps being happy. You get your super stars and we get our "little samurai" back. Everybody wins...

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, just the extremely positive energy in the club and among supporters right now is worth the 8 Mil. €. Its nice to see both camps being happy. You get your super stars and we get our "little samurai" back. Everybody wins...
I'm looking forward to seeing him rediscover that devastating play he had before he left you. Dortmund are going to be better than ever to watch. :drool:

wiz4231

I don't think it was LVG choice to sell, Im sure LVG would have been happy to have him as a squad player but I don't think Kagawa wanted that and decided to leave.
The fee is ridiculous, should be worth more than that, we should have got back what we paid at least. I think the low fee has got something to do with his wages and UTD and BVB coming to a compromise. Kagawa was on 80k/w which is 4m/y, he still 2 years left on his contract, BVB probably offered him half (they could have offered him the full amount but why not make the most of the situation) 40k and say they can't offer more. Knowing Kagawa really want to leave and go back to BVB woody takes a look at it, sees the difference is 4m over 2 years, knocks off 4m of his value, Klopps happy, Kagawas happy and Woodys Happy. Well thats what I think anyway. Gutted to see him go.

ricky-romeo

things just didn't work out at united with shinji. he is a good player but not every player is going to be successful here, even the better ones.

good luck to him over there at dortmund. even though i was hoping we could use him to get one of reus or hummels. maybe next summer.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
With all the players they're getting back from injury plus Kagawa, I actually think Dortmund will surprise some folks and give Bayern a run for their money in league. They also have a much deeper squad than before, so challenging on 3 different fronts shouldn't be an issue. Hope they wipe the floor with Arsenal in CL. A Kagawa-Welbeck reunion should be fun to watch for United fans.

thepolice123

I wish him well from the bottom of my heart and I genuinely hope that he will go on and have a great career at Dortmund,

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
As a Bayern fan I steel remember the relieve when Shinji Kagawa left Dortmund for Manchester United, especially after we lost out on the signature of Borussia Mönchengladbach's Marco Reus. I really wouldn't have liked to be a witness of the combined attacking prowess of Götze, Reus and Kagawa in-behind Robert Lewandowski. I'd argue Dortmund would have had a much better chance in the 2013 final in Wembley with Kagawa on the team instead of Großkreutz.

Even if Kagawa is going to regain his old form, I don't feel the same dread with the likes of Immobile and Mkhitaryan instead of Lewandowski and Götze, but we'll see.

quackattack

Even if Kagawa is going to regain his old form, I don't feel the same dread with the likes of Immobile and Mkhitaryan instead of Lewandowski and Götze, but we'll see.
The pace of Auba. is pretty menacing:D

adamwest

He was anonymous for us on too many occasions. Always wanted him to do well, and he did show the odd moment of class, but all in all he was very underwhelming.

Seems a nice lad, and his quality for Dortmund in his first stint was undoubted. Hope he does well there.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Last edited:

izec

why shouldnt he be the same old player? It is not like he was 2 years injured. He is still 25, not 34. Confidence, playing in your favourite position and a team that suits your style and ability will bring the best out of him. Everybody knew it, no surprise here. He wasnt at his best here and we all know why. At Dortmund, they know how to get the best out of him. Sad for us, good for them. Mata, although a bit different in his style and play, seems to be the next victim in our team with the same faith.

Shark

@NotShark
why shouldnt he be the same old player? It is not like he was 2 years injured. He is still 25, not 34. Confidence, playing in your favourite position and a team that suits your style and ability will bring the best out of him. Everybody knew it, no surprise here. He wasnt at his best here and we all know why. At Dortmund, they know how to get the best out of him. Sad for us, good for them. Mata, although a bit different in his style and play, seems to be the next victim in our team with the same faith.
Mata had already produced more than Kagawa has in his entire career here. I think he'll be fine once we start playing as a team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.