Shinji Kagawa - Dortmund Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Winger

Everybody knew it, no surprise here. .
Have you even read this thread? Several critics have suggested that Kagawa either A) Peaked at age 23(:lol::lol:) or B) was on a lucky spell in Dortmund, which made him seem like a much better player than he actually is(:lol::lol::lol:).

As of this moment, these exact posters are waiting eagerly for Kagawa to fail in Dortmund, so that they can come back here and go I-told-you-so on our asses.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Have you even read this thread? Several critics have suggested that Kagawa either A) Peaked at age 23(:lol::lol:) or B) was on a lucky spell in Dortmund, which made him seem like a much better player than he actually is(:lol::lol::lol:).

As of this moment, these exact posters are waiting eagerly for Kagawa to fail in Dortmund, so that they can come back here and go I-told-you-so on our asses.
So they have a different opinion to you. Probably time to grow up a little and deal with that.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Kagawa could easily be shit at Dortmund, for many reasons. His confidence will have taken a knock after performing so badly at United, and the two reasons you're laughing at aren't the most ridiculous suggestions I've ever seen.

However it could just be German football/the Dortmund style he excels in. Perhaps the prem was too physical and demanding for him?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Oh boy! We are in for a full season of Madwinger creaming himself every time Kagawa plays for Dortmund and exaggerating everything he does beyond limits.

Mad Winger

So they have a different opinion to you. Probably time to grow up a little and deal with that.
There's having an opinion, and then there's having an opinion that's highly illogical/unlikely. One should be allowed to laugh at the latter, imo.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
There's having an opinion, and then there's having an opinion that's highly illogical/unlikely. One should be allowed to laugh at the latter, imo.
E.g. your opinion that a player has performed badly for 2 years will instantly perform at a level, where he himself would admit, was playing well..

It's as illogical as the one you mocked

Mad Winger

E.g. your opinion that a player has performed badly for 2 years will instantly perform at a level, where he himself would admit, was playing well..
It might be because I'm feeling a little under the weather now, but I don't understand what you mean with this sentence. Could you elaborate?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
It might be because I'm feeling a little under the weather now, but I don't understand what you mean with this sentence. Could you elaborate?
It's quite simple, the statement you claim to be illogical made by the other poster, the one you mocked, is in my opinion as illogical regarding your views on Kagawa.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Then equally, you should accept that people find your opinion illogical/unlikely and laugh at you.

Mad Winger

Then equally, you should accept that people find your opinion illogical/unlikely and laugh at you.
None of my views on Kagawa are highly unlikely/illogical. While you might not agree with some of these opinions, that doesn't make them unlikely.

A player peaking at age 23 when he doesn't rely on physicality or pace nor is being overplayed, is extremely unlikely.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
None of my views on Kagawa are highly unlikely/illogical. While you might not agree with some of these opinions, that doesn't make them unlikely.

A player peaking at age 23 when he doesn't rely on physicality or pace nor is being overplayed, is extremely unlikely.
That's assuming that his demise is down to physical reasons which nobody has suggested it is. A players "peak" is determined as the point in his career where he is at his best, if he has a huge drop in confidence like he has and has two years without regular football then it's not "extremely unlikely" at all that he will struggle to get back to the level he once reached. He might be one of those players who struggle to motivate themselves, maybe that's the reason it didn't work here, all we know is that he is miles away from the form that he found in his first spell at Dortmund and it's very possible that he might not reach that level again considering he won't have Lewendowski ahead of him, Gotze beside him and the same Gundogen behind him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
While he wasn't great at United his performances were not as bad as many made out especially in the UCL last season, I think he will find his form back at Dortmund to be honest, hope he does.

Smores

While he wasn't great at United his performances were not as bad as many made out especially in the UCL last season, I think he will find his form back at Dortmund to be honest, hope he does.
Whilst he was undoubtedly ineffective he was a joy to watch with the ball at times. I don't think any player who the fans get enjoyment out of watching can be considered a failure, same goes for Berbatov for me.

He's another player we've shipped out because of our dull stroppy captain.

Mad Winger

A players "peak" is determined as the point in his career where he is at his best
The way I see it, there are two types of peaks. Natural peaks and actual peaks. A natural peak is how a player would have peaked if he was allowed a natural progression, consistent playtime, and stays away from serious injuries. An actual peak is how a player turned out to peak. To make an extreme example: if Januzaj was unable to play football for the rest of his life starting now, he would have peaked at age 19.

The problem I have with the Kagawa critics, is that it sounds like they genuinely think that Kagawa's natural peak was during his last months in Dortmund. As if the ball was just magically rolling his way the whole time, and that he would never be able to reach that height again, no matter the circumstances. They choose to have this belief, because they want to put all blame exclusively on the player.

I'm not suggesting that all players would have their natural peak at age 28. Some players peak earlier, obviously. The thing is, Rooney is said to have peaked at age 26. And that is considered an especially early peak. And now we're talking about a player who was a PL pro at age 16(?) and has played a shitload of games at top level ever since, half the time with a team built around him. Of course he's gonna peak earlier than normal.

But Kagawa naturally peaking at age 23, after only 2 seasons at top level, is just a bullshit theory. He may not reach his Dortmund form again, but that is because he went to us. Had he stayed in Dortmund or gone to a team that suits him more, then he would most likely have stayed on the same level(or improved). It's preposterous to suggest that he would have ended up with his Moyes-form regardless of circumstances.

Adebesi

FWIW @Mad Winger I think Kagawa's career will get back on track now - and I very much hope this proves to be the case. I think he was very unlucky with how things panned out for him at Old Trafford, I dont think it was a case of not being cut out for the PL, personally. It can never be proved either way but I reckon if we had never signed Van Persie he would have settled much faster and really integrated into the team much better. It feels like Ive said that so many times in the last year or so, but this will probably be the last time I have cause to say it. Good luck Shinji.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The way I see it, there are two types of peaks. Natural peaks and actual peaks. A natural peak is how a player would have peaked if he was allowed a natural progression, consistent playtime, and stays away from serious injuries. An actual peak is how a player turned out to peak. To make an extreme example: if Januzaj was unable to play football for the rest of his life starting now, he would have peaked at age 19.

The problem I have with the Kagawa critics, is that it sounds like they genuinely think that Kagawa's natural peak was during his last months in Dortmund. As if the ball was just magically rolling his way the whole time, and that he would never be able to reach that height again, no matter the circumstances. They choose to have this belief, because they want to put all blame exclusively on the player.

I'm not suggesting that all players would have their natural peak at age 28. Some players peak earlier, obviously. The thing is, Rooney is said to have peaked at age 26. And that is considered an especially early peak. And now we're talking about a player who was a PL pro at age 16(?) and has played a shitload of games at top level ever since, half the time with a team built around him. Of course he's gonna peak earlier than normal.

But Kagawa naturally peaking at age 23, after only 2 seasons at top level, is just a bullshit theory. He may not reach his Dortmund form again, but that is because he went to us. Had he stayed in Dortmund or gone to a team that suits him more, then he would most likely have stayed on the same level(or improved). It's preposterous to suggest that he would have ended up with his Moyes-form regardless of circumstances.

Okocha119

it's very possible that he might not reach that level again considering he won't have Lewendowski ahead of him, Gotze beside him and the same Gundogen behind him.
Well that's bull now. Kagawa never even played in a team that fielded all those three players in form at the same time. He didn't have Lewandowski ahead of him during his first year at Dortmund, the second year also had a Lewandowski who wasn't nearly as good as the Lewandowski of the last two seasons, despite him scoring a lot. A lot of Dortmund fans weren't actually all that happy with him, especially during the first half of the year, with oppinions mostly changing after Dortmund managed to beat Bayern in the Bundesliga thanks to Lewandowskis lucky heel. Kagawa was also at his strongest when he didn't have Götze beside him. They managed to work well together during Kagawa's first year at Borussia, but after Kagawa's injury made Götze go into a more central position, things didn't click all that well anymore. And when you are talking about the "same" Gündogan, are you referring to the one that ripped Europe apart during the 2012/2013 season? Well, Kagawa really didn't get to play with that Gündogan all too much. Gündogan wasn't at Dortmund during Kagawa's first year and had a horrendous start to the second year, being left out of the squad on multiple occasions. It wasn't until the second half of 2011/2012 that Gündogan became a regular at BVB and even then he wasn't as good as he was a year ago. While it is questionable that Gündogan will ever be as good as he was a season ago, I don't think that the Gündogan of 2011/2012 is all that unreachable.
And it's really not like he's working with complete amateurs now. His two partners from 2011/2012 (Kuba/Großkreutz) are still there, Reus is a player that should fit Kagawa's style of play better than Götze did, Mkhitaryan is a player that is rather similar to Kagawa, so it's not all that unlikely that those two will work together and he might even work better in combination with a striker like Immobile, who is always right beside the offside line, or a speedy sprinter like Aubameyang. We'll have to see how he'll play, but the circumstances really aren't worse than during his last stint at Dortmund.

Ekeke

Whilst he was undoubtedly ineffective he was a joy to watch with the ball at times. I don't think any player who the fans get enjoyment out of watching can be considered a failure, same goes for Berbatov for me.

He's another player we've shipped out because of our dull stroppy captain.
He's really nothing like him though

Kagawa we got for cheap (£12 million + addons because of short time on contract) made plenty of money from marketing and he didnt have a big impact because he wasn't playing for the first team regularly in his proper position. He got 2 seasons which is a lot less than most of our players get and deserved another chance more than the likes of Valencia or Young.

Berbatov was our record signing and didnt have a big impact even though he was put straight into the team and in his favourite position. He got 4 years to prove himself and eventually had 1 very good season.

saivet

Thanks everyone!! I could have a precious experience. I really appreciate it to all my supporters. Thank you Manchester United!!Good luck!!

Shinji one, Gerrard nil (8)

Adebesi

That's a bit misleading about Berbatov. Using the word "eventually" makes it seem like his good season came at the end. But his good season was his second (if memory serves?), and then he had two more seasons twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. I would argue most of his time here he had very few opportunities to prove himself, he rarely got on the pitch at all. It seemed like SAF bought him, played him for a bit and then had a fundamental change of heart about how he wanted us to play, which effectively consigned Berbs to the subs bench indefinitely. Ill never quite understand why we didnt let him go earlier, given SAF's total lack of interest in playing him.

In that sense letting Kagawa go was the kindest option.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair, people laughed loads when it was suggested than a 24-26 year old Rooney was past his peak.

Mad Winger

To be fair, people laughed loads when it was suggested than a 24-26 year old Rooney was past his peak.
I wouldn't have laughed at the idea of Rooney peaking at age 26. It's only 2 years earlier than the "normal" peak age, and Rooney is a special case, as he was thrown into the deep end of the pool as a teenager and has played a shitload of games ever since.

Ekeke

That's a bit misleading about Berbatov. Using the word "eventually" makes it seem like his good season came at the end. But his good season was his second (if memory serves?), and then he had two more seasons twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. I would argue most of his time here he had very few opportunities to prove himself, he rarely got on the pitch at all. It seemed like SAF bought him, played him for a bit and then had a fundamental change of heart about how he wanted us to play, which effectively consigned Berbs to the subs bench indefinitely. Ill never quite understand why we didnt let him go earlier, given SAF's total lack of interest in playing him.

In that sense letting Kagawa go was the kindest option.
10/11 that he got 20 league goals, his third season

so eventually meaning 3/4ths of the way through his time here

He went straight into the team at the expense of Tevez, Sir Alex had full confidence in him.

Empire

Reus is injured for a month apparently so that should increase his chances of getting in the team.

I disregard last season like I do for most of the team, obviously the team's overall poor performance was an anomaly. I don't hold last season against Carrick, I'm really looking forward to seeing Carrick play this season so it's only right I don't hold it against Kagawa.

As for his first season, I didn't think it was bad at all.

I think Dortmund have an excellent team so he will do well to get back into it but let's see what he can produce.

RedorDead21

Reus is injured for a month apparently so that should increase his chances of getting in the team.

I disregard last season like I do for most of the team, obviously the team's overall poor performance was an anomaly. I don't hold last season against Carrick, I'm really looking forward to seeing Carrick play this season so it's only right I don't hold it against Kagawa.

As for his first season, I didn't think it was bad at all.

I think Dortmund have an excellent team so he will do well to get back into it but let's see what he can produce.
Why would you disregard last season when so far this season under LVG the team have been worse against lesser opposition?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I have very mixed feelings about seeing Kagawa go. Realistically it was the only sensible option for all involved. However I always had the romantic notion that he would make it here, but I suppose I came to the realisation that wasn't going to happen over the past season or 2.

Part of me is glad to see him back at Dortmund of all teams and so happy. I wish him all the best as he can be a joy to watch. Just such a shame the way everything worked out for him at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.