Shinji Kagawa - Dortmund Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Well, look in the Welbeck thread for a start. You'd think we sold Pele and Messi the way some people are reacting in there.
I still fail to see what that has to do anything with Kagawa, but while you are at it, he was much better player for us than Kagawa, so of course people will cry more over him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah and what are we gonna do when we play CL again? Play Mata everytime.
Play mata or Rooney or januzaj or di Maria or Herrera there.... I think we'll be okay basically. I love kagawa and think he never had a proper chance to prove himself but we were well covered there.

RORY65

Yeah and what are we gonna do when we play CL again? Play Mata everytime.
Play Rooney, Januzaj or Di Maria there. Shinji is a very talented player but he never fitted in at United, as has been said he didn't seem to fancy the physicality and he seemed to lose confidence in himself pretty quickly after a fairly promising start at the club. I hope and am sure he'll do well back at a club where he's comfortable but I don't think we'll notice any real loss at United because his contribution was fairly minimal.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Great debut for him, still only 1 game, so too early to say he is back, but happy for him now :)

Nights

But but, I thought he was shite and not United quality listening to half the posters in this thread :/

NessunDorma

Not really convinced by Januzaj, Rooney in the number 10 role, and who's gonna play midfield if Herrera/Di Maria go to the #10?
We'll sign more players in the summer. World class ones as well, if this summer was anything to go by.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well, according to his team mate Kirch in the HT interview he speaks proper English now and the communication with him is better than ever. So thanks for helping us out with that and then giving him back for half the money we sold him for :p.

8 Mil. €.....

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
We all knew he suited Dortmund's style of play...
Back to front quickly, playing pretty much as a second striker which less emphasis on him dictating play, etc..

Not much we could do. The best thing that could have happened was never signing van Persie.
Kagawa and Rooney (and Welbeck?) up top, playing with lots of movement. Focus on getting the ball from back to front quickly.
Not only would we have seen a better Kagawa, but also a better United probably.

Instead, we attempted to control games slowly, which half of the players couldn't do well, and pretty much stopped counter-attacking.

I really think it could have worked out, but oh well.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Kagawa is a good player in the German league. There was never any doubt about that. That's why we signed him in the first place.

bosnian_red

Well, according to his team mate Kirch in the HT interview he speaks proper English now and the communication with him is better than ever. So thanks for helping us out with that and then giving him back for half the money we sold him for :p.

8 Mil. €.....
:( Think he's a better player now too then when he first arrived. Obviously he wasn't great for us for many reasons but he bulked up a bit I think without losing his agility and I think he's matured overall more and he'll show it this season.

Bargain of the century..

Kakeru

We wasted him for 2 years! How guilty we are.
And even that is an understatement. We were stuck for 2 years with too many low footballing IQ people on the team, players and coaching staff alike, who all know feck all about fluid attacking football.

The way we wasted a player like him rather than build a new style around players like him was criminal.:mad:

Mad Winger

It's ridiculous that people still blame the PL for being too physical for Kagawa. It was always the team(or rather Moyes) that was the problem.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.

8 Mil. €.....
You can give us Hummels then. And you can have him for half the price in 5 years.:D

Nights

8 Mil. €.....
The least you could do is give us Reus or Hummels in return for our generosity :rolleyes:

Jerch

Not really convinced by Januzaj, Rooney in the number 10 role, and who's gonna play midfield if Herrera/Di Maria go to the #10?
Blind, Herera/Di Maria, Carrick if he would be still around + i think we are allowed to sign CM next season ;)

Empire

Somebody has uploaded Kagawa's match but Bundesliga have blocked it on copyright grounds. I don't think full matches should be shown but all of the touches by a player is fine, it's great publicity for the league and from these videos they might get more fans.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Despite some claims here - I still don't think its the physical play of the EPL messing with him. Under Fergie he looked getting better and better. Fergies retirement pretty much was what messed with him, because Moyes didn't know what to do and Van Gaal has a different philosophy of play.

Mad Winger

Remind me who decided to sell him again? Hint: it wasn't Moyes.
No, but it was Moyes who cut his playtime ratio in half, never let him start several games in a row, and then signed Mata... LVG didn't really have much of a choice. Also, if Kagawa wanted to leave(which I suspect he did), then I don't think LVG could have done much to stop him. I mean, it's not like he could tempt Kagawa with first team football now that we have Mata...

Kakeru

It's ridiculous that people still blame the PL for being too physical for Kagawa. It was always the team(or rather Moyes) that was the problem.
That's what I keep saying. If the league is as physical as people it's still the 1980s/1990s, I doubt all those foreigners (especially Spaniards) would have found any form of success in England.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looked like he was playing wide left from those clips
He plays in his usual CAM position and drifts into the open space like he has always done. Interchange and a free flowing offensive formation have been trademarks for us for a long time.

EDIT: Großkreutz plays as the left midfielder on paper.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I see the fanboys are overreacting to him playing well against Freiburg in the fecking Bundesliga. :lol:

NessunDorma

No, but it was Moyes who cut his playtime ratio in half, never let him start several games in a row, and then signed Mata... LVG didn't really have much a choice. Also, if Kagawa wanted to leave(which I suspect he did), I don't think LVG could have done much to stop him. I mean, it's not like he could tempt Kagawa with first team football now that we have Mata...
Kagawa 2012/13 Vs 2013/14 in the league:

Don't remember there being a great deal of difference between his performances under Fergie and his performances under Moyes. And these numbers would seem to back that up.

I do think he was good enough to play for us, but for whatever reason, he *did* underwhelm in both of his seasons.

LvG has now decided to get rid, and that's probably because he thinks the alternatives we have are better.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm happy for him, such a shame he didn't work out here. Hope he can continue the form because an inform kagawa is a joy to watch.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He will do good there but even if he was given the same chances here I don't think he would be that good as Dortmund's system just suits him to a tee while ours is completely different.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I see the fanboys are overreacting to him playing well against Freiburg in the fecking Bundesliga. :lol:
Well, good thing he will have the chance to prove himself vs. a team from the mighty PL on Tuesday. You guys should have time to watch, right?

bosnian_red

Yeah, the fecking bundesliga where Dortmund and bayern are both better functioning teams then anyone else in the prem...

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well, good thing he will have the chance to prove himself vs. a team from the mighty PL on Tuesday. You guys should have time to watch, right?
I don't need to watch it, I have plenty of evidence of his failures in the BPL. Come back to me when Bayern doesn't run away with the title yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.