Shinji Kagawa | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I spoke to David, he put me in touch with Sneijder who has informed me we are signing Kagawa. That is all.

Baxter

So is the latest stil that he and his agent were in Manchester?

hungrywing

Been getting the feeling this deal is done and SK's been asked to keep mum so City don't have the option of playing the "Look, they just signed someone who'll eat into your playing time" card with Hazard.

Cina

As I said in the other thread, I suspect we're going to stall this deal until the Hazard one is clarified. He seems to be our backup option because I can't see us signing both of them.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
oh well.........got em mixed up - send in the firing squad (I'll check tomorrer)

hopefully

yeah, really........

appearances???? 91st min sub x 16? dunno - not a starter though was he? don't really care - but make sure you defend him with your life though, a worthy cause - and erm....keep the PC flag flying

jeez - plastic OOT/JCL "Reds" .....feck off with the Glazers who saved Fergie his job and saved Manchester United from their own prosperity and real supporters. Christ this place gets worse by the minute......just in after a bit of a carousel but carry on .........
Don't like it, feck off then. Racist.

Devil may care

Is he really just a second prize though.
Currently a large cog in the German champions team.
Only second prize in as much as Hazard is generally believed to be the most gifted young player around right now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
oh well.........got em mixed up - send in the firing squad (I'll check tomorrer)

hopefully

yeah, really........

appearances???? 91st min sub x 16? dunno - not a starter though was he? don't really care - but make sure you defend him with your life though, a worthy cause - and erm....keep the PC flag flying

jeez - plastic OOT/JCL "Reds" .....feck off with the Glazers who saved Fergie his job and saved Manchester United from their own prosperity and real supporters. Christ this place gets worse by the minute......just in after a bit of a carousel but carry on .........
Lighten up Denis. The use of terms like "towel heads" is uncalled for. Not only is it not PC, but its viewed by most to be a bit racist. So please ease off on that sort of language.

Commadus

We wont be signing both Hazard and Kagawa. Also trying to play smart and bidding for hazard only to lose against City and then going for kagawa who would then be seen as the backup would not go well in negotiations.

SAF loves wingers - yet we need midfielders and fullbacks.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
So In the old thread I spoke about his Ambidexterity.. He seems completely two footed doesn't he? I haven't seen him take a penalty/free kick so its tough to say if he is originally left footed or right footed.. I would guess and say he is Left footed.. But he uses both feet equally.. In fact he looks like he uses his right foot with more effect.. But I presume he is left footed because of the way he dribbles with his left foot..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I doubt anyone has asked this......is he good? ;)

Has pre-season location been decided?
As if it's Japan, expect if there's any truth in this deal for it to be wrapped up quickly

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
I watch a lot of bundesliga, this guy is the real deal, and he is only in his early 20's the potential is huge,would be a brilliant signing in my opinion.

His main strengths are his link up play, his ability to find space and his movement, he is a good finisher, and has a phenomenal workrate. He will drift all over for the ball, pulling out wide when needed too and as i really rate Jurgen Klopp i could not think of a better coach to have groomed him for us. I really hope we pull this off.
Phenomenal workrate...sounds like 3-lung Park with oodles of talent. We'll take him.

Edmeiste

As I said in the other thread, I suspect we're going to stall this deal until the Hazard one is clarified. He seems to be our backup option because I can't see us signing both of them.
That's what it looks like and we might end up missing out on both. It would be great if we got both but even if we did, that'd be an interesting situation to handle. That would leave us with 5 wingers, 3 of them can operate efficiently in the middle.

We would need a defensively minded CM after that but I'm not sure if we would get another LB as once proclaimed

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's not racist. It's like saying Trucker-cap wearing Redknecks.

'Towel head' being a referrence to what is essentially an aspect of Middle Eastern fashion that has spread to other countries. That is all it is.
Not sure if serious...

Ralaks

'Towel head' being a referrence to what is essentially an aspect of Middle Eastern fashion that has spread to other countries. That is all it is.
:lol: Good one. That was totally what he was going for.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

There's a degree of stereotyping based on race/ethnicity, so yes, I'd say its a bit offensive if a person is from middle eastern descent.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Minger proving yet again what everyone already knows - he's a dullard. Love how he comes in with the analogous "it's like" line of reasoning :lol:

The Neviller

I've heard Arsenal are interested as well.

Now, my question, which I'm sure has never been asked before, is, would a move to Arsenal be a step up or a step down for KAGAWA.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
This is going well.

Kagawa. I like him.
So, do you think you can play an attacking midfielder/#10 as a wide striker in a 433 and have success? Of course it depends on the player, but if we do go that route I think Kagawa could play there.

Giggs would be a player who can play the wing and central midfield, but for a while now when he goes wide it's as a playmaker more than a 'winger'.

Or the classic crooked Brazilian 424 which usually has a playmaker on the left wing, where Ronaldinho often played.

Is the a fancy Italian name for a wide playmaker, anyone know?

Baxter

Now, my question, which I'm sure has never been asked before, is, would a move to Arsenal be a step up or a step down for KAGAWA.
Wouldn't be a step up or down. Dortmund are the best club in Germany having won two titles in a row and beat Munich 5 times in a row. However Arsenal are a very big club, and he'll probably earn more money there while showcasing his talent on a more worldwide stage. Pretty equal I think.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

I believe he said that in Japan it's all about the EPL and the Bundesliga is barely followed at all, so from his own perspective I'd say it's a move up.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
If Kagawa comes I'd love to see this tested at some stage:

DDG
Jones/Evans-Vidic-Smalling
Valencia-Carrick-New CM-Evra/New signing
Kagawa-Rooney
Welbeck​

Could also swap Rooney and Welbeck, and put in Young or Nani as an inside forward type.

I reckon the passing and movement of the front three would be great, with Valencia amd Evra providing the width on the flanks. It also takes away some of Evra's defensive responsibilities, which people say he has struggled with this season. Valencia is more tham capable of playing that RWB type role.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Anyone know when the Japan-Azerbaijan game is coming up? He's with the Japan squad for WCQ.

SATA

I would feel for him if he's our backup option to Hazard as reported somehow. Wouldn't blame him joining someone else and we feck both of our targets up

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
This is a dead certain surely. Never has there been a player out there that ticks more of the post-takeover transfer strategy requirements than this guy, i.e. Last year of contract, cheap, cheap wages (relatively), young, marketability!

Sally Cinnamon

I really hope we sign Shinji. I've seen him play a fair bit and the thought of him linking up with the likes of Rooney, Nani and Welbeck is a good one. I've never once seen Hazard play.

Can somebody confirm though if he has met with Fergie or is that all bollocks/rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.