Shinji Kagawa | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
His Dortmund flat is available for rent online...

==> it's on !!!

izzydiggler

I think I saw Jenny Agutter in the cast list for The Avengers....don't recall seeing her in the film though. She was a wank stalwart for much of the 1980's.
She was of the council members that spoke to Nick Fury....along with the awesomely named Powers Boothe.

Donut

Heard that Kagawa is going to meet with Wenger in the near future.
This is not good.

Wenger will talk to him in Japanese in a Bruce Lee suit, show him some cool montage video of Arsenal with epic music like Requiem for a Dream and then they'll drink and play chess.

We on the other hand probably gave him a tour around OT with Chris Smalling and then Fergie came and said a few words.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Where is that last thread? Step down.. LOL

Don't worry about it lads, our guys have called it, he will NEVER go to such a minnow club as Arsenal from the giants of Dortmund.

Devil may care

While we have our eye on Hazard Wenger will sneak in like a Ninja and grab Kagawa, then we'll lose out on Hazard and end up with Toilet of a free from Blackburn.

I'm always right

You havin' a laugh? There were plenty of people willing to 100% write off Arsenal's chances, it's not even up for debate.
No mate, no-one wrote off Arsenal signing him,

The debate was whether posters saw a move to Arsenal as a step-up or step-down. And well, let's leave it at that eh before we piss off Raoul.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
No mate, no-one wrote off Arsenal signing him,

The debate was whether posters saw a move to Arsenal as a step-up or step-down. And well, let's leave it at that eh before we piss off Raoul.
Don't bring it up then if you don't want to piss him off, I'm TELLING you that people were saying if it's between Arsenal and United then Arsenal have no chance at all. That's how the step up/down thing started and when you joined the party. Please, stop arguing with me for the sake of having an argument.

I'm always right

Don't bring it up then if you don't want to piss him off, I'm TELLING you that people were saying if it's between Arsenal and United then Arsenal have no chance at all. That's how the step up/down thing started and when you joined the party. Please, stop arguing with me for the sake of having an argument.
You brought it up you muppet in a thread that was previously closed for the same shit, get a fecking grip.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Get a grip of what brushy? You are the one who started talking for the mods with your warnings and pissing them off garbage. Not once in the thread does it say why the last one was closed, in fact I'm sure the OP used to say there was a bug with the old one, perhaps you should let the mods speak for themselves.

Then you tried to claim something that isn't even true like I'd completely made it up, I think it is you who is the one who needs to get a grip, of his own temperament.

I'm always right

You did make it up.

Some posters including myself weren't certain that Arsenal would be a step up from the current German champions, some even thought it would be a step-down considering Arsenal don't look like winning anything anytime soon. No-one claimed that Arsenal have "no chance" of Kagawa because only 1 thing is obvious, he's leaving Dortmund and he's coming to the Prem. Now if United, City or Chelsea want him, I'm certain that's where he will go, but if they don't then Arsenal is obviously the next in line.

Stop putting words into people's mouths.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I never said YOU said that for Christ sake, I said people did, and some people did. Your opposition to me was you yourself didn't say it, and nobody said it in a part of the conversation you were involved in. That shows you didn't read before where you came in, so don't try to say nobody said something when you didn't even see it.

Don't now try and pretend were having some reasoned debate about where Kagawa will go, you came in to have a pointless argument with me and call me a liar. Congratulations, in 2 years here, you are the first person I've put on my ignore list.

I'm always right

¨Don't now try and pretend were having some reasoned debate about where Kagawa will go, you came in to have a pointless argument with me and call me a liar. Congratulations, in 2 years here, you are the first person I've put on my ignore list.
No mate, you came in here like an arrogant prick to start laughing at posters for saying something they hadn't said, feck all to do with a reasoned debate....

Where is that last thread? Step down.. LOL

Don't worry about it lads, our guys have called it, he will NEVER go to such a minnow club as Arsenal from the giants of Dortmund.
"ignore list", fecking grow a pair you baby.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
VIM, leave it out, you're right but you won't get anywhere with him.

This well connected mate, knows more then professional journalists?

nimic

something nice
Scout
oh well.........got em mixed up - send in the firing squad (I'll check tomorrer)

hopefully

yeah, really........

appearances???? 91st min sub x 16? dunno - not a starter though was he? don't really care - but make sure you defend him with your life though, a worthy cause - and erm....keep the PC flag flying

jeez - plastic OOT/JCL "Reds" .....feck off with the Glazers who saved Fergie his job and saved Manchester United from their own prosperity and real supporters. Christ this place gets worse by the minute......just in after a bit of a carousel but carry on .........
If you are a representative for the "real supporters", then I am glad I am not one. I thought blatant racism was frowned upon at the Caf.

PC? fecking half-wit.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
So, would a move to Arsenal be a step up or a step down then?
Competing wise a step down. Dortmund just done the double, have a good squad who could ruffle a few of the "big boys" in Europe for sure. Arsenal arent that strong at the moment, still need a year or 2 to build and develop, plus it hinges on RVP staying fit/signing new deal. But then again a move to one of, if not the biggest, league in Europe is always a draw for any player.

kelvinkato77

For me, (though I love the talent of Hazard), I'd be disappointed if we didn't sign Kagawa. He can make the simple pass or the 'killer' pass. The latter is something that I think we've been sorely missing over the last couple of seasons, Giggs aside. From what I've seen of him, he is a tireless worker as well. I think that he would add versatility to the squad in addition to an infusion of youth and talent. Obviously in the Dortmund system he has played a roaming role as an attacking mid / deep lying forward, but personally I think he could slot in several roles depending on our formation / tactics. I think he could play the 'Giggs' role in midfield of a midfield 3 (quite seamlessly IMO). He could be used as an attacking midfielder at the top of a midfield three, play behind the striker and do a job on either wing.

In any of these roles, he has goals in him, whether it be the killer pass or a goal himself. Technically I see him as a very astute dribbler as well. Most importantly (for me) he seems extremely two footed which, at certain positions on the pitch we seem to lack. I like him, a lot. I'd be disappointed to see him go to Arsenal whom I think he'd be great for when I think that he'd be able to play in several roles with United and give us some of the creativity that we have all been clamoring for, in abundance. I'd add that Hazard or no Hazard, I don't think they would be in direct competition for a spot regardless.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
For me, (though I love the talent of Hazard), I'd be disappointed if we didn't sign Kagawa. He can make the simple pass or the 'killer' pass. The latter is something that I think we've been sorely missing over the last couple of seasons, Giggs aside. From what I've seen of him, he is a tireless worker as well. I think that he would add versatility to the squad in addition to an infusion of youth and talent. Obviously in the Dortmund system he has played a roaming role as an attacking mid / deep lying forward, but personally I think he could slot in several roles depending on our formation / tactics. I think he could play the 'Giggs' role in midfield of a midfield 3 (quite seamlessly IMO). He could be used as an attacking midfielder at the top of a midfield three, play behind the striker and do a job on either wing.

In any of these roles, he has goals in him, whether it be the killer pass or a goal himself. Technically I see him as a very astute dribbler as well. Most importantly (for me) he seems extremely two footed which, at certain positions on the pitch we seem to lack. I like him, a lot. I'd be disappointed to see him go to Arsenal whom I think he'd be great for when I think that he'd be able to play in several roles with United and give us some of the creativity that we have all been clamoring for, in abundance. I'd add that Hazard or no Hazard, I don't think they would be in direct competition for a spot regardless.
I completely concur, especially the first paragraph. Adding to that his age is also such a bonus and does not seem to have the questionable character and ego that Hazard appears to have. Didn't Hazard say he wants to play for Real/Barca one day too? We don't need another one of those.

kelvinkato77

I completely concur, especially the first paragraph. Adding to that his age is also such a bonus and does not seem to have the questionable character and ego that Hazard appears to have. Didn't Hazard say he wants to play for Real/Barca one day too? We don't need another one of those.
I'm not sure if he really did say that (probably did, though). I just really like the potential (that I see) in the versatility, and his humility (well compared to Hazard). Well that and he has two good feet.. I think that goes overlooked how much we need that in a squad featuring Giggs, Evra and Valencia (and others to a lesser extent)

Edmeiste

Great post. This is why I hope we get him. I'm just hoping that his 'talks' with wenger dont take him to Arsenal. I have a brother that's a gooner and I'd never hear the end of it, if they sign him.

Drifter

American
Manchester United left sweating on Kagawa as Dortmund want more money

Shinji Kagawa had been thought to be available as one of the bargains of the transfer market. The fact his contract is ending in a year, that he's refusing to sign a new one, and wants to leave to play in the Premier League all combined to put downwards pressure on any fee Borussia Dortmund could expect.

Indeed, the amount being suggested by the German media as an acceptable fee for the Japanese midfielder has never risen above €15m, and in England has even been quoted as low as £7m.

Now Dortmund have got a bit irked. The Bundesliga champions feel they could get more for Kagawa and their chairman has compared it to the situation with Manuel Neuer when he joined Bayern Munich.

CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke says that Neuer only had a year left on his contract too but that Bayern paid Schalke more than €20m for him. Watzke doesn't see why Borussia Dortmund should expect anything less and sounds like he wants to start an auction.

He's quoted by reviersport.de as saying "It is quite clear that Shinji has talent for his age and how valuable he is to this team. Then I see what Bayern paid for Manuel Neuer. He also had only one year of a contract. From these facts one can derive a certain sum."

Of course Watzke could just be playing hard ball and he obviously won't want to be left with an unhappy player for a year who then leaves for nothing. Manchester United were thought to be in pole position but if they think Dortmund want to start an auction then they could pull out and concentrate on other targets they could secure before Euro 2012.

Dortmund paid less than half a million Euros for Kagawa and the player himself probably won't be too pleased if the club try to auction him around Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.