Shinji Kagawa | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redrage

fecking delighted.

I always wanted us to get Kagawa instead of Hazard. There was not a chance in hell of us signing them both. He is pure class and he suits us more than Hazard.

Widnes

add Martinez to this signing and in no time at all we go from looking weak in the midfield to been unbelievably strong, sadly I think Martinez is also the perfect buy for City and see another Hazard situation if we are even intrested in him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
add Martinez to this signing and in no time at all we go from looking weak in the midfield to been unbelievably strong, sadly I think Martinez is also the perfect buy for City and see another Hazard situation if we are even intrested in him.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
fecking delighted.

I always wanted us to get Kagawa instead of Hazard. There was not a chance in hell of us signing them both. He is pure class and he suits us more than Hazard.
I dont know who this bloke is but he sounds shit, happy to be getting Kagawa.

Jaap

Jaap, it would be nice to know how you see him fitting/what he would add, but particularly what he won't. Caf has a tendency to turn players into world class O'Shea's who can strike, create, cross, hold the midfield, etc.

My impression is he wouldn't be suited to be in a 2-man midfield and playing him in the hole with Cleverley behind would make us leak goals like earlier last season. But then, I have only seen about three full games (where I was actually trying to work out how good Goetze was, not him) and a bunch of Youtube clips.
In Dortmund's 4-2-3-1 formation, Kagawa plays just off lone-striker Robert Lewandowski. I seem to think though, sometimes, it looks - from his positioning -, he's a second striker.

His strengths are his great close-control and his technique. Until today, I haven't found out whether he's a right or left-footer, seems to do very well with both feet. Kagawa creates and scores, as shown in his statistics - 21 goals in 48 matches.

His understanding and use of space is superb, he's very intelligent and his off-the-ball movement is fine too.

I think it'd be too easy to define him as a #10 or a second striker - he's very versatile, does tend to drift out wide, although he hardly crosses the ball into the box, but does go inside. Not only a very fine player on the ball, he's also a hard-worker off the ball, who works tirelessly to win the ball back once it's lost.

In my opinion, he's class, has the potential to even take his game up a notch and - if used rightly - will be very good addition to our team. Not too sure though, where exactly he will be used. Behind Rooney as secondary striker, out wide or even in a two-man midfield? He'll make us more versatile, which is good - especially in Europe with a 4-5-1 in mind - he can play INSTEAD of Rooney with Hernandez and Welbeck up front. Because, let's be honest, without Rooney, this team has looked hopeless and toothless in the attacking third. I, for one, am excited if we get him, very excited.

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
I'm struggling to remember a player who was deemed "not physically strong enough" for the Premier League. It's the biggest myth ever.

There's been players who haven't been good enough and unlike a player like Carroll, haven't had physical assets to mask these inadequacies, but a player who actually cannot physically compete is just a myth.

Look at the likes of Modric, Silva, Lennon and Walcott, all small and slight and they get on fine. Go back to the more physical years and the likes of Juninho did ok too.

There's no such thing as "not physically strong enough" in football, the League just has a reputation for players who make up their lack of technical skills with strength and people assume strength is a compulsory asset.
This is a good point and one I hadn't really thought about until now. I can only think of one example of a player who struggled due to lack of strength and that was Evra in his first (half) season at the club. He said he spent a lot of time in the gym that summer so he'd be able to handle the league.

So if anything, players may just need to make modifications to be able to handle the demands.

Oh, and when Tevez first signed for us an interviewer asked if he was carrying extra weight. He said he needed the extra weight for the PL. So even if muscle is hard to come by, there are always other ways to add weight.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
#value signing hope the glazers will be very happy.

Honestly this lad is squad at best.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That fee is way too high imho, with a year left on his deal. If he had 3 years left he's be worth 52m?
It's around the same, if not possibly less, than we paid for Young, isn't it?

Multiplying it by additional years means nothing, it doesn't work like that.

Mainoldo

#value signing hope the glazers will be very happy.

Honestly this lad is squad at best.
Na he's better than that, a very creative talent, which we lack.. I still expect a Maverick player aswell, which would be handy.

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
gooDevil said:
That fee is way too high imho, with a year left on his deal. If he had 3 years left he's be worth 52m?
Do you really thing that's how things work? He's young and he can provide something that we've lacked since Ronaldo left. Assuming he's any good, he'll be well worth bringing in.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This really isn't how transfer value works.

Arsenal are interested as well, if we don't match the valuation, they will. Having a year left on his contract means sod all.

I think we're still going to be in for a midfielder FWIW, in terms of squad build I think Ferguson views Kagawa as one of his four central attackers. Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa and Hernadez. He fits in the United squad well though as he can take on the "Giggs" role in a midfield three, penetrative passing but with mobility and pace that was so lacking.

All 3 United

It's amazing how it's the same people defending the average players we already have in the squad.

I wonder how many games it takes for Martin ferguson to make a decision on a player.

Easy V

It's amazing how it's the same people defending the average players we already have in the squad.

I wonder how many games it takes for Martin ferguson to make a decision on a player.
Probably more than 3 and a half.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Definitely more than 3 and 1/2. Unlike you.

Edit: Easy V, damn you. You beat me to it.

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
Ashley Young had English tax however..
Which goes to show that transfer fees are pretty artificial. In addition to age, ability, and remaining contract time, they vary with the player's nationality, the league they come from, the selling club's wealth, the buying club's wealth, the player's desire to leave, the club's willingness to sell, the player's wage demands, the exchange rate between currencies.......

With all of these factors, statements such as 'this player is worth no more than 15 million' are really too simplistic. If the player will help us progress in the CL, we'll earn back the money quickly. It's an investment, really. I'm starting to ramble now so I'll stop, but this obsession with transfer fees drives me crazy. Let the men in suits deal with it and move on with your lives.

EDIT: other interested clubs (bidding war) would up the price, as is this case with this transfer

Donut

I don't get the obsession with fee being to high, because he's in a last year of his contract. At the end of the day, you get a quality player for a decent fee, who probably wouldn't even be available if not for his contract situation. Same with Nasri last year.

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
I don't get the obsession with fee being to high, because he's in a last year of his contract. At the end of the day, you get a quality player for a decent fee, who probably wouldn't even be available if not for his contract situation. Same with Nasri last year.
Yes!

All 3 United

I wouldn't hold your breath on this signing as if he is as good as he is being made out to be on here the big boys of today's football will be coming in for him very soon......

Comical really is, wake the feck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.