Should artifacts be returned to former colonies?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You just reminded me of my visit. I was in the square with thousands of people and there were big screens showing the Pope saying mass. Thought it was cool but was wondering where he was (rumors were he was in Argentina at the time). Took me a while to notice no one looking at the screen but towards a tiny window in an non-important looking building considering the Architecture of the neighboring buildings. He was great live though :lol:
:lol:

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Just looking at the links on the article in the opening post, there's been a suggestion that the islanders could carve a replica of that particular Moai, which would then be exchanged for the real one - that would seem to be a great solution to this particular case.

Let's face it, virtually all the people who see the statue in the British Museum don't hold it in any veneration, they just view it as something unusual. A replica would be just as good for that purpose.
My friends Dad's job was to create copies of very famous statues in Rome. Apparently the original statues were getting irreparably damaged and replicas needed to be created. Copies are a great idea as you can get all the appreciation of the original. I would advise the UK to make copies of the artifacts and return any that were stolen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
On the topic of other colonialists;

France in particular were particular scumbags, and I think they still get colonial tax from former colonies.
It's not just the Brits were who were bad.
The colonial tax thing is a disgrace. It's fecking repugnant.