Should Mourinho bring in a new 'attacking coach'

Andersons Dietician

I had heard he just lefts his forwards do what they please really. It’s not something they train as such. In his world I suppose it doesn’t matter as the way he sets up teams the support strikers are so far removed from the striker there really isn’t any point.

Also think if he was to bring in an attacking coach they wouldn’t last long as Jose seems like one of those guys where it’s his way or the highway. And for an atttacking coach not being able to involve the fullbacks or even have use of the wide attackers it would pretty much be pointless.

@frank lee madeer.. last year there was a guy who crowned him the most attacking coach in the world due to that Real Madrid goal tally and he fully believed it. He was quite a simple chap tho

frank lee madeer..

But surely by 'quality' you're referring to the top what 5-6 in the league? On top of that I'd argue only away games.

That means the majority of the time he's an attacking coach in the league apart from 6 games a season?
I don't share the opinion that humping teams of much lower means and quality defines you as an attacking coach.
Its how you perform against your equals that reveals more about you.
Jose said after Liverpool game, they didn't make enough mistakes to allow us the victory...enough said.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
We're in a league consisting of 20 teams. 18 teams have scored less goals than us. One team has scored more goals.

It's been a frustrating weekend for sure, but some people need to get a grip.

arthurka

We're in a league consisting of 20 teams. 18 teams have scored less goals than us. One team has scored more goals.

It's been a frustrating weekend for sure, but some people need to get a grip.
This...
Overreaction to say the least. We were shit yes, is it time to panic no.

frank lee madeer..

@Andersons Dietician . its how some people are. Jose is also in our record books for the most youth debuts given in one game. That's there forever for future generations to misinterpret.....does that make him greatest promoter of youth we've ever had ? Does it feck.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

These are professional footballers who all have played for their respective countries. They should know what they are doing on a football pitch. A manager does not have to shout from the technical area to pass, control the ball or head the ball or move to certain area.
I say having Valencia as right back is also creating most issues when we go forward. Then we have Mata who is as slow as a snail and who thinks he can dribble past people and keep possession. Mikhi who wants to dribble past the entire opposition and Martial who want to take on the entire opposition including the referee. Football is a simple game and we try to make it complicated. Now some of you are saying that there is no movement. There is no movement because the receiving players do not know where the pass is going to come.
We have most of the players who can deliver and who did create chances after chances last year. What is the difference this year? We are not creating half the chances we created last year. How many chances did we create against Huddersfield? Go back to a diamond and play Lukaku and Rashford up front. Blind on left midfield till Pogba returns, Herrera on the right and Matic as holding. Young on the left and Valencia on the right or even Darmian. Mikhi on the top of the Diamond.
Then play with high intensity and not the walking pace we have been playing lately. Don't hang on the ball for ages trying to make up the mind. They should know what to do with the ball by the time they receive it.

Andersons Dietician

@Andersons Dietician . its how some people are. Jose is also in our record books for the most youth debuts given in one game. That's there forever for future generations to misinterpret.....does that make him greatest promoter of youth we've ever had ? Does it feck.
Weirdly that was one of the best games I watched us play last season as well in terms of how the kids approached the game. Then near the end Jose starts shouting at Mitchell telling him to not attack as much.

Tapori

I'm not buying this.
What's changed is that Mourinho isn't as care-free as early Chelsea days with his two wingers and full backs in that team out of the front 3 flying down the wings.
He needs to embrace the tactical anarchy. It's high adrenaline he needs not a new coach. A few tactical tweaks and better team selections and bit more variation in attack will see him right.

Smores

I see that you intentionally want to throw away all context.
I'm not sure why you think that, if those goals were evenly spread (15, 35, 60, 80) would you still be saying we were poor?
The timing of the goals really is irrelevant surely?

We're a club who have traditionally scored late winners especially in big games. I've never really seen anyone call that out as a negative in fact its usually discussed as a sign of quality.

frank lee madeer..

I'm not sure why you think that, if those goals were evenly spread (15, 35, 60, 80) would you still be saying we were poor?

We're a club who have traditionally scored late winners especially in big games. I've never really seen anyone call that out as a negative in fact its usually discussed as a sign of quality.
Late winners is a completely different thing to blasting in 3 more at the death in a game you were already winning.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)

No because it isnt just the timing of goals, it is about how the match panned out. We played some scrappy football until they wanted to go for an equalizer and opened up, we used that to counter them as it created more space for us, whilst we could bring in fresh blood as Martial and Rashford in.

Against West Ham we played some very good football throughout the match, same for Crystal Palace.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We don't need a new attacking coach. What we need is better attacking minded players. How many of our attacking minded players would be first teamers in either the treble or the 3CL winners team? That's the standard we need to achieve to return to our former best.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think we need a coach who can bring some fluidity into the team and a clear gameplan / interaction to how we can open up teams. Against Huddersfield, we tried through the middle all the time when it was just crowded. Maybe we need some more input or scenarios we could try out

Smores

Late winners is a completely different thing to blasting in 3 more at the death in a game you were already winning.
Yeah late winners is worse if anything. Before this season people moaned we didn't put a game to bed by banging in 4. Now it happens and it's irrelevant because we were poor for the rest of the game :houllier:

We're not going to agree so I'll leave it there

frank lee madeer..

Yeah late winners is worse if anything. Before this season people moaned we didn't put a game to bed by banging in 4. Now it happens and it's irrelevant because we were poor for the rest of the game :houllier:

We're not going to agree so I'll leave it there
Wow,smh

The games that we won last season,if we had won them all by 10 extra goals, wed have still finished with exactly the same points tally.

If wed have scored late winners in the games we drew ,wed have won the league by 6 points.

I wasn't arguing with you,I was just pointing out the innacuracy in your earlier post. Scoring late goals when your winning is fine, no probs at all, its a good thing, but its completely different to scoring late winners.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
The simple fact is that the four attackers we field in any given game are not that talented.

A few of them could be said to be "good" but not one is anywhere near world class.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We don't need a new attacking coach. What we need is better attacking minded players. How many of our attacking minded players would be first teamers in either the treble or the 3CL winners team? That's the standard we need to achieve to return to our former best.
This.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The simple fact is that the four attackers we field in any given game are not that talented.

A few of them could be said to be "good" but not one is anywhere near world class.
Blasphemy! Martial is a future balondor winner and Mata is so important to our creativity.

When you compare Hazard/Pedro/Morata, Eriksen/Alli/Kane, Aguero/Silva/KdB to our front line you see the drop in quality.

The only one that can be on that level right now is Lukaku. Mata/Mkhi are below the top level and Rashford/Martial are youngsters.

The sad thing is that Sanchez/Ozil/Lacazette is probably better than our front line as well.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
What we need is a psychologist to spend 30 minute with a transfer target to suss out if said target has the mentality of a chocolate wall in Qatar.

This team reminds me if Arsenal.

Wilt

Zlatan when he's finished his playing career.

Ruud van Nistelrooy would be my other choice.

Both brilliant Man Utd strikers, who know what they are talking about.

Kag

We haven't got a fecking scooby.

Sadly, some people are running out of good players to blame. Matic, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku and Rashford are all clearly very good players and we create next to sod all. Or are this lot deadwood, too?

Clear the deadwood, I say. Spend another fortune on good players and watch them suffer.

MDFC Manager

Forget coaches. Rather bring in a manager who understands football and can get a team playing it in the same way that a United fan wants.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Pathetic attacking play. Probably the worst among the top 6. It is a surprise we are still 2nd. Thanks mostly to our home form.

podurban2

We are so shit going forward... We have great players yet can’t put a simple game plan forward to create good chances.

AndyJ1985

Don't know what the answer is, but something has to change. Our attacking play is fecking garbage. Has been for years.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Absolutely should . Apparently his approach to attacking is to leave it up to the players. Which makes sense when you actually watch us, as we haven't got a fecking clue what we're doing half the time.

Absolutely no structure or coherence to our attacking play.

Skills

Snitch
Basically what we're saying is, should we get someone to do 60% of the coaching on Mourinho's behalf?

wolvored

Something needs doing with sorting out why we cant seem to attack at speed, and after today with only 4 shots on target, including the deflected goal, its piss poor for a team of our supposedly standing.