Should Rooney retire from England?

Should Rooney retire from international football?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MUFCgal

Yes he should, he should tell them to go feck themselves. They're happy enough to let him swear while on duty for England, but not for his club??

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Didn't Shearer threaten the FA with a refusal to play after it was felt he deliberately stamped on a player.Surprise! he wasn't suspended

Ole'sbodyguard

I can't see the link between England and the FA?

The FA are the governing body of English football and the English national side represent England in international competitions. Fecking off England does not represent sticking two figures up to the FA to me.

Also got to bear in mind that most footballers will see playing for their country as a big deal such as the likes of Robbo and Charlton. If you would have asked either to quit England for United reasons they would have told you were to go and I'd guess Rooney would be in the same vein.

The FA are extremely annoying and really need a reform but looking for players to retire from international football has little impact on them and is also abit small-time for me and I'm United greater than England on all things football.

The players are not even the best people to complain about the FA. The fans are.

MacMUFC

No he didn't.

Well if you listened to it on ITV (BBC edited the swearing out; the most popular one around) then you'd hear:

"Nice to see your own fans booing ya, thats what loyal support is, feck sake"

Drainy

I'm sure we could throw that in their faces. Would be interesting to hear a response from FA....
I don't think the FA are particularly concerned by precedents or fairness at all, to be honest.
Its all politics. Rooney shouldn't retire from England though, just withdraw commercial support.

eric le roi

I voted Yes but realistically he won't and it would make him look like a bit of a twat.

What the club should do is work to rule - do the bare minimum required to meet their obligations to the FA and Premier League. No more feeding on the crumbs from United's table for them, bunch of cnuts.

Lance Uppercut

If you think mumbling "fecks sake" into your shirt is the same as what Rooney did at the weekend then fair enough.
Audible swearing on camera. It either is, or it isn't. It is, in both cases. He has been charged in one. I don't believe that is right.

And you don't have to apologise. :)

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What the club should do is work to rule - do the bare minimum required to meet their obligations to the FA and Premier League. No more feeding on the crumbs from United's table for them, bunch of cnuts.
I was wondering how much it would cost the club to not give any Friday press conferences or post match interviews for the entire 2011-12 Premier League season.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Swearing on television during the day is against the regulations of Ofcom in the UK and they are obligated to sanction anyone who breaks such regulations, especially when deliberate. From that perspective I can see where the FA is coming from as he has brought football into disrepute.

Not that I am particularly concerned even though I believe it to be indecent.

Sam

Swearing on television during the day is against the regulations of Ofcom in the UK and they are obligated to sanction anyone who breaks such regulations, especially when deliberate. From that perspective I can see where the FA is coming from as he has brought football into disrepute.

Sorry, but :lol::lol:

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri

Why didn't they sanction Micah Richards then ?

Harry Redknapp ?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Dwayne should receive a 2 point infraction for the appalling language in the poll.
I apologize, I realize the language was harsh but in the heat of the moment I felt it best captured my feelings on the matter.

Plus I was well pleased having made a poll that wasn't a complete feck up.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
yes, would love to see him retire from england just to feck up the FA

eric le roi

I was wondering how much it would cost the club to not give any Friday press conferences or post match interviews for the entire 2011-12 Premier League season.
Fergie should just turn up to them and give monosyllabic answers to every question, in as short a time as possible.

If the FA or Premier League want MUFC to send players to represent them, send Obertan and Bebe instead of Scholes and Giggs.

etc etc.

At the same time, report every possible infraction of the 'foul and abusive language' rule to the FA, with video evidence.

Basically just become a massive thorn in their side.

It won't happen but I can dream.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
Fergie should just turn up to them and give monosyllabic answers to every question, in as short a time as possible.

If the FA or Premier League want MUFC to send players to represent them, send Obertan and Bebe instead of Scholes and Giggs.

etc etc.
Obertan's English is quite good.

I think that's a fecking genius idea sending Bebe out to talk to them though. Just get him to stand there shrugging his shoulders for 3 minutes* saying 'I no understand'.

* with his i-pod on.

Ole'sbodyguard

Cantona didnt need France.
Eric would have played for France. He was shunned by Aime Jacquet after his ban for the Kung Fu Kick. It was France who did not recall him, I'm afraid, not Eric shunning them.

Not many players who I can recall who turned their back on their country during their prime. Duncan Ferguson is the only one I can remember for a British nation. Plenty have retired to extend their career, but most players see international football as a big deal.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Eric would have played for France. He was shunned by Aime Jacquet after his ban for the Kung Fu Kick. It was France who did not recall him, I'm afraid, not Eric shunning them.

Not many players who I can recall who turned their back on their country during their prime. Duncan Ferguson is the only one I can remember for a British nation. Plenty have retired to extend their career, but most players see international football as a big deal.
Berbatov

Shimo

Voted shouldn't retire but, he should at least take the stance to remove his image rights from the FA and make a strong case publicly of how the FA didn't ban him when he used foul / abusive language while playing for England. Admit that he was wrong and he already apologized for it but, the FA's ruling inconsistency and hypocrisy have left him no alternative.

Ole'sbodyguard

He has retired after a long international career though. He's the same as someone like Shearer and Scholes. It's understandable when you are close to 30 or just passed 30 like they were, especially if you have amassed plenty of caps.

Someone turning their back on international football in their mid 20's with a good decade or so left of their club career who is not doing it to extend that is almost unheard of, bar the likes of Ferguson and Ireland, who have had spats with managers and FA's over internationals.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Doesnt matter, my point still stand. He didnt need France. I think he is happier without France.

Ole'sbodyguard

Doesnt matter, my point still stand. He didnt need France. I think he is happier without France.
He played for France 45 times and scored 20 goals and would have gladly had more caps post 95 if given the chance. He would have gladly played at Euro 96 when he was a popular choice back home to get into the squad following his last great season for United.

Eric criticises France as a nation regularly but he would have represented them throughout the majority of his career as a footballer if given the call so it's hard to say he did not need them. If he did not need them he would have retired on principle, like he eventually did with United.

Cold_Boy

I voted Eboue.

From a point of view of a United fan, I would love him to be more fresh by missing international.

But from the over-all and the player's own perspective, why would he not want to play for his own country and also Rooney has long career ahead of him.Its a different situation to Scholes.