Should the club drop Aeroflot as a sponsor? | Dropped

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
In a heartbeat. All pressure must be brought on Putain. (off topic,but the European Cup Final is due to be staged in St Petersburg. That should be moved to another NATO countryt just to stick a digit up at the odious toad.

Barnslig

I'm not sure what the justification for not doing so would be.
Money? I don't understand the upset tbh. People have no problem with Emirates or Qatar sponsoring multiple teams across multiple countries, or have no problems with Chelsea being owned by a Putin Pal, but United is supposed to drop a massive sponsorship because what exactly? Is everyone and everything from Russia cancelled now?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Probably, but it doesn't really make us look bad given everyone being fine with certain owners of certain other PL clubs. Pretty much nothing makes PL clubs look bad anymore. Football is long past having a soul to tarnish.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Money? I don't understand the upset tbh. People have no problem with Emirates or Qatar sponsoring multiple teams across multiple countries, or have no problems with Chelsea being owned by a Putin Pal, but United is supposed to drop a massive sponsorship because what exactly? Is everyone and everything from Russia cancelled now?
That's the plan.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Aeroflot has literally been banned from the UK by the UK government. I would say that puts it in a rather distinct category.

arthurka

Most likely the legal process of terminating the contracts have already started.
Well we are really slow then because Schalke have already thrown the Gazprom main sponsor out.

But yes of course we should drop Aeroflot.

Chief123

Regardless of what’s going on in Ukraine, we should drop Aeroflot immediately simply for being a shite airline.

sparx99

Well we are really slow then because Schalke have already thrown the Gazprom main sponsor out.

But yes of course we should drop Aeroflot.
Yet the German government have done nothing because they are energy dependent on Russia.

Cloud7

There’s always at least one live one in every thread :lol: Yes mate this is cancel culture in action.

Lee565

If they don't drop I will dissociate myself from supporting this club whilst those greedy pigs are in charge of it. FFS russia has the blood of innocent dead children all over their hands, I am happy with the club making one less new shiny signing in the summer brought by money from the sponsorship if it means playing a role in forcing Russia to stop this horrendous act.

I am getting very, very disenchanted with football and how how much ethics and morals are being tossed aside in favour of pure disgusting greed

This Glazers only ever act when their hand is forced. See the super league as a prime example. Only now that Aeroflot is banned from the Uk do they take action

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It would be nice if this was a line in the sand where we think we think a bit more about whether we are partaking in sportswashing.

Cat_knows

I just got answer from the club:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your email regarding the Club’s partnership with Aeroflot.

Our commercial partnership agreements are between Manchester United and the brands involved, not with any individual owner or related parties. In relation to the specific situation referred to in your email, we hope you can understand that, as a football club with fans from many different countries and cultures, Manchester United does not take positions on geopolitical issues.

Your comments have been noted and on to the relevant person.

Kind regards,

Julie

Mike Smalling

Just sent an e-mail to feedback@manutd.co.uk. That should do it.
This is the response I got:

Dear Mike Smalling,

Thank you for your email regarding the Club’s partnership with Aeroflot.

Our commercial partnership agreements are between Manchester United and the brands involved, not with any individual owner or related parties. In relation to the specific situation referred to in your email, we hope you can understand that, as a football club with fans from many different countries and cultures, Manchester United does not take positions on geopolitical issues.

Your comments have been noted and on to the relevant person.

Kind regards,

Ellie
I'm actually furious.