Should we consider selling Pogba?

el3mel

Feels like he felt he fecked up with his quote about Madrid so had to talk well about us after it to balance the quote a little bit.

patty123

They had the Galacticos for a reason. all those CL wins. The most legendary club.
the first lot of "Galacticos " if you include ZZ and figo and co won it once, then from 05 till 11 couldnt get past the 2nd round and had till wait till bale and modric showed up and even it then, still took another 3 seasons and thats signing RVN, cr7, kaka, di maria, benz, ozil, robben, alonso higuian, khedira and many others in those barren yrs.

Infestissumam

Time to let this muppet go.
also note how there was talk about him being happy and willing to re-sign when we did well, only to now talk about a Real move again once we go through a tougher period.

we won't miss him one bit once we've sold him. If anything we'll be a more balanced team without him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Thankfully for me, I spotted the issue with Pogba within his first 10 games, so have never invested in him emotionally or as a footballer.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/baby-elephant-is-growing-quickly-in-the-room.422336/

Many disagreed with my early perception in that thread me that I knew fcuk all about football :lol: So I'm glad that the majority of fane base has finally caught up and seen through him: Pogba's negligible contribution is no longer the elephant in the room!

My issues early on was I didn't know what he did and that he was badly undisciplined. I hated his power politics with Mourinho and his constant flirting with Zidane and lack of commitment to the cause. I've concluded he is a very poor team footballer and only capable of a few freestyle skills, and is also struggles to be professional. Our team did so well without him pre lockdown and proved we can function without him.

I want him out, asap. If he does well at another team, so be it, but I doubt that will happen as he's just not a good team player. He has been a total distraction and waste of time for us and wont be missed.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Feels like he felt he fecked up with his quote about Madrid so had to talk well about us after it to balance the quote a little bit.
What does he mean to achieve from this? I think its bait for Woodward to offer a better contract?
He knows Madrid wont be in for him next summer, they wont have the funds, so better to get contract extension and increased wages now, and then force a move after 18 months. Personally I doubt Madrid would sign him, he's not a good footballer and will have the same issue there.

El Zoido

Would any United fans even miss him if he left? All in all, he’s been underwhelming. He’s not a virus, he actually seems like quite a nice bloke, but he’s not a superstar for us. He has his moments and can be brilliant, but nowhere near often enough.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Selling Pogba doesn't resolve our issues, especially if any money made doesn't buy what we need.

Bruno was a great signing as it turned out and dvb looks yo be decent too, however surely a partner for matic would have been the priority because arguably we have the Bruno player in Pogba

I still don't get why Pogba plays next to matic. Why not try Bruno there moving Pogba forward and see what happens. Would Bruno get the same criticism if he fails?
It’s any interesting thought experiment. I’m actually surprised at how content many seem to be with Bruno but disgusted with Pogba, even people I’d expect to have a more nuanced view.

Put Pogba at 10 and on pens, ask Bruno to play in the double pivot and opinion would switch sharply.

Bruno has not scored a non-penalty goal since 04/07/20 against Bournemouth. That’s 15 games ago. Pogba has scored twice since then, albeit once from a free kick and once shooting from a corner.

The system doesn’t suit either of them frankly. Bruno to me has never looked like a number 10, especially as he never wanted to enter the penalty box (and why early comparisons with Lampard were misguided), and is better driving from deeper midfield. Pogba isn’t a holding midfielder either. Both are well suited to being mezzale or those wider box-to-box midfielders in a 4-3-3.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would any United fans even miss him if left? All in all, he’s been underwhelming. He’s not a virus, he actually seems like quite a nice bloke, but he’s not a superstar for us. He has his moments and can be brilliant, but nowhere near often enough.
Nope. I think he can an absolute joy to watch in full flow. But he's a poor fit for us right now due to being a bit of a tactical headache and having a lack of discipline in his game. I'd feel a sense of disappointment because he's the kind of player you want lighting up Old Trafford. But the reality is that he has deficiencies in his game that are suited to a particular type of top class team that allows him to shine. We aren't that right now and he just seems the like a player at the wrong club (or at United at the wrong time)

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
feck him off back to Juve or Madrid.
Get as much as possible.
Mourinho was right on this one

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we sell him, he's going to a move to another big club, but one that is properly set up on the footballing side, and he's going to be brilliant.
No issue with that. I'd prefer him to be brilliant for us but if it's just not working out then we should move on. I think he's a quality player but has weaknesses that create problems for us. And my worry is that we will hand him a big fat contract to show everyone how big a family/brand we are, and he'll continue to have mixed peformances on the pitch. After DDG we need to get this one right.

Kearnkoff69

Honestly, if an acceptable bid comes in for him then we should sell. He's a great player and his performance isn't usually our biggest problem on any given match day - though when he's particularly unmotivated, he is a huge liability. But he's never been the guy to drag the level of the team up aside from maybe a couple of occasions over the years. I think the blame is equally shared - we never set up the team in a way that would have allowed him to keep playing the Juventus role that convinced us to pay so much money for him, and it feels like he never fully bought in and therefore he never found true consistency. If we can recoup some money, I'd gladly re-allocate funds to fill more pressing needs (a top-shelf CB with elite athleticism, and then a Matic successor would be my top priorities).

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Your team just lost 6-1 at home where you had no influence on the game, and he's so casual with the Real Madrid bollocks again? Does he have no shame or guilt?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Look at De Bruyne for City. He can play the 10, on the right, in MF. Hell even Baldiola played as a false 9 against us in the league cup last year. He plays good in all positions.

Then with Pogba it is, "We have to play him in this or that position, to get the best out of him." No. He just is not as good as De Bruyne.
Excellently put and correct.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Would any United fans even miss him if he left? All in all, he’s been underwhelming. He’s not a virus, he actually seems like quite a nice bloke, but he’s not a superstar for us. He has his moments and can be brilliant, but nowhere near often enough.
You’re not asking the pertinent question here. Nobody is going to really miss Pogba playing like this, in the same way we didn’t miss Di Maria being benched for Ashley Young, Lukaku not giving his all, and Sanchez realising he made the wrong move on day 1.

What we need to ask is why all these top players keep being signed by United and without fail we fail to embed them and provide a platform for them to succeed on the pitch? Sell Pogba, blame him, and we’ll sign our next big players and have the same platform. This attitude will have us cursing Bruno in 12-18 months’ time.

Shark

@NotShark
Not sure how anyone can call Pogba a top player going by his time at United. Top players win their clubs matches and turn up on big occasions, top players don't need the perfect conditions to perform to a good level. If any offer came in at around 60m I'd bite their hand off. Enough is enough.

kirk buttercup

Would probably best for both parties if did go live his dream . He's a talented footballer but this isnt working. He looks half arsed playing for us and I would rather we didnt shape the team around him . If he wants to go best of luck and good riddance

Volumiza

Your team just lost 6-1 at home where you had no influence on the game, and he's so casual with the Real Madrid bollocks again? Does he have no shame or guilt?
Clearly not. Not once in his time here has he convinced me that he gives one little sh*t about this club or the fans.

I don’t know who I dislike more, Pogba himself or his rabid fans. We’ll be so much better off when he’s gone. Sadly though, we’re stuck with him for now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wanted him gone 2 years ago. I reckon we could’ve recouped our money for him if covid hadn’t happened. Might be hard next summer.

tjb

So what?
Hes not brilliant for us. May as well go be brilliant for someone else
And we will use that money to get someone better for us. Hint hint, never try to get a playmaker type central midfielder with low work rate again. They dont work in england since the second ball is still and will always be king in england

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Clearly not. Not once in his time here has he convinced me that he gives one little sh*t about this club or the fans.

I don’t know who I dislike more, Pogba himself or his rabid fans. We’ll be so much better off when he’s gone. Sadly though, we’re stuck with him for now.
I've been in this camp for throughout Pogba's stay at Utd. There's a chance for progress once he's gone.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You can only sell him if another club wants to buy him.
Have Real Madrid shown any interest?

Steve 007

Do I want him to Go Madrid?
Absolutely.
Will we sell him to Madrid?
No
Why?
Because he’s not good enough to get in their team.

thesheriffjw

Its every time hes away on international duty.

Most players want to play for Real or barca

Never hear the full story and its the questioning put to him that causes the problems.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
You can only sell him if another club wants to buy him.
Have Real Madrid shown any interest?
For that matter, has any club in the world expressed interest in Pogba. After the way he's performed at Old Trafford, I can't imagine any big club wanting to take a risk of having a toxic personality in their dressing room.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He will leave next season I bet. Such a quality player when he feels like it but it isn't enough. I suspect he would get whistled fairly quick at Madrid (if football has fans back)

Volumiza

There's a chance for progress once he's gone.
Agreed. DVB should be starting the very next match without question. My dwindling patience with Ole will diminish even more if Pogba can give these half arsed performances, talk of his dream being to play for Madrid and still be in the starting lineup.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Ok cheers @No Love . Thankfully we won't be hearing anything more from him. Should of just put him on ignore but I still like to see all sides even if some do wind me up ;)

RoyH1

Get on the horn to Raiola , just tell get him to facilitate Juve to give us de Ligt and they can get Pogba

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
For that matter, has any club in the world expressed interest in Pogba. After the way he's performed at Old Trafford, I can't imagine any big club wanting to take a risk of having a toxic personality in their dressing room.
PSG surely, Di Maria worked out well for them.

The Real Treble 99

feck him off back to Juve or Madrid.
Get as much as possible.
Mourinho was right on this one
IMO Pogba was the one who got Jose fired & Looked like he made the team turn against Jose. 2 trophies in the 1st season & finishing 2nd with a bad bunch. Who knows what kind of a team we would have now if the board backed Jose rather than Pogba.

Steve 007

Can you imagine Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Ferdinand, Vidic or any of the greats under Fergie talking like this. Get him on the plane.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Not even Tottenham?