g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Sign-ups closed - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Throw me in.

edit:
  • Put me in Southern France if available otherwise North Africa on the coast? Like Algeria?
  • War and Sailing?
  • White/Grey/Black?
  • Lord Redsky 'Little Pecka' IV

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Already got some top Paradox border gore before the game has even started :drool:

@hobbers has cast the Ottomans to the four winds.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
  • Where do you want your capital (either a specific province or a general area - you can use this if you want to. Please spread around a bit. If you all pick England I am going to make you tiny. If you don't care I can choose. @Welsh Wonder has already claimed Wales, for some reason) Lithuania
  • What are one or two things you want your country to be good at? (I'll try to pick a couple of national ideas to match) Prostitution and gambling
  • What colour do you want on the map? (there are 100 to pick from but there's no RGB or Hex or anything, so I'll just try to eyeball it and make sure there's a bit of variation) Turquoise
  • The name of your ruler (the dynasty will be your nickname, we'll see if there are any dynasties left by the time we're done) Nonc E. Schofield

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
  1. Where do you want your capital (either a specific province or a general area - you can use this if you want to. Please spread around a bit. If you all pick England I am going to make you tiny. If you don't care I can choose. @Welsh Wonder has already claimed Wales, for some reason) Somewhere near The Netherlands or a German state or something or otherwise Novgorod
  2. What are one or two things you want your country to be good at? (I'll try to pick a couple of national ideas to match) Trade and diplomacy
  3. What colour do you want on the map? (there are 100 to pick from but there's no RGB or Hex or anything, so I'll just try to eyeball it and make sure there's a bit of variation) Orange ofcourse!
  4. The name of your ruler (the dynasty will be your nickname, we'll see if there are any dynasties left by the time we're done)Dutch Jesus

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Solius and @BD really went and chose orange and coral, right next to each other. Also the two reds, and the two greens. I expected rivalries, but maybe not based on colour choice.
We’ve made Spain look like a weather map during a heatwave.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Updated current map. Still spots left in Germany, Swizterland/France/Netherlands/Italy-ish, Russia/Ukraine/Finland-ish, Northern Africa and maybe Turkey/Greece?

Last edited:

hobbers

Someone take Qoyunlu and we'll join forces vs the Ottomans.

Also love that Taters has taken all the best parts of Scotland away for his Celtic empire.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I dont mean because Im orange, but doesnt Holland start as a vassal to Spain in the starting year?
They do, but you're entirely new countries, no baggage. Maybe if I lose my job one day I'll do one where I let you guys customize your nations to a much greater degree. Create national ideas and define friendships and stuff.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They do, but you're entirely new countries, no baggage. Maybe if I lose my job one day I'll do one where I let you guys customize your nations to a much greater degree. Create national ideas and define friendships and stuff.
Ah fair enough.

Dan

• Where do you want your capital (either a specific province or a general area - you can use this if you want to. Please spread around a bit. If you all pick England I am going to make you tiny. If you don't care I can choose. @Welsh Wonder has already claimed Wales, for some reason) Saxony
  • What are one or two things you want your country to be good at? (I'll try to pick a couple of national ideas to match) Farming and Manufacturing
  • What colour do you want on the map? (there are 100 to pick from but there's no RGB or Hex or anything, so I'll just try to eyeball it and make sure there's a bit of variation) Silver
  • The name of your ruler (the dynasty will be your nickname, we'll see if there are any dynasties left by the time we're done) Kodos

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
@SilentWitness did you want in? You can have any spot you want, except the 20 that have been taken covering most of Europe.
Probably a bit busy trying not to be given a heart attack by Everton for the next hour or so.

Grib

1. Is greece available
2. Trade/naval
3. Blue or some sort
4. Leonidas I

nimic

something nice
Scout

AnotherLondonManc

I'd like in. Sardinia is looking like a tasty plot of land, I'll take Cagliari.

I'll be getting drunk on good wine and snorkeling while the rest of you fight it out

So, I guess we'll take farming and tourism. Colour white to match the island's flag, and I can't think of a clever leader name, so I'll just use my gamer tag - Geronimo

Last edited:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
  1. Where do you want your capital (either a specific province or a general area - you can use this if you want to. Please spread around a bit. If you all pick England I am going to make you tiny. If you don't care I can choose. @Welsh Wonder has already claimed Wales, for some reason) - I will take Muscovy
  2. What are one or two things you want your country to be good at? (I'll try to pick a couple of national ideas to match) - MIlitary and Trade
  3. What colour do you want on the map? (there are 100 to pick from but there's no RGB or Hex or anything, so I'll just try to eyeball it and make sure there's a bit of variation) - Hot Pink/Rainbow
  4. The name of your ruler (the dynasty will be your nickname, we'll see if there are any dynasties left by the time we're done) Stobzatov

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
1. Arendal
2. Profiteering and war
3. I would pick yellow, but as thats my neighbour, I'll go Orange, bright orange
4. King Ole's At the Wheel

nimic

something nice
Scout
Okay I made this before I saw that @Stobzilla picked Muscovy, so just visualize him in that area. Same with @Igor Drefljak and Norway, I'll probably have to extend him into Denmark and Northern Germany.

This is the current map. Still some room in those areas I marked. Honestly if we get too many people I can just start putting people in Asia, it will just be harder to get them all in one screenshot or whatever.

AnotherLondonManc

Wow, I only asked for Sardinia. My empire has already more than doubled! Maybe I was being too small minded with vineyards and olive groves...

Out of curiosity, is there a general 'meta' with how this game plays out? I nearly picked up this game a while back when I was playing Civ VI

BootsyCollins

• Where do you want your capital (either a specific province or a general area - you can use this if you want to. Please spread around a bit. If you all pick England I am going to make you tiny. If you don't care I can choose. @Welsh Wonder has already claimed Wales, for some reason) Reykjavik
  • What are one or two things you want your country to be good at? (I'll try to pick a couple of national ideas to match) War and manufacturing
  • What colour do you want on the map? (there are 100 to pick from but there's no RGB or Hex or anything, so I'll just try to eyeball it and make sure there's a bit of variation) Purple
  • The name of your ruler (the dynasty will be your nickname, we'll see if there are any dynasties left by the time we're done) King Cantona the Cantanoise of Cantanoisien