Television Silicon Valley | Season 6 spoilers

Donut

Wasn't amazing.

I'm glad that
Belson is back. It would be tough to lose both him & Erlich.

GBBQ

The last episode was probably the weakest of the series. Some good jokes but overall the plot was a bit of a rehash of how previous seasons ended, how many times can they use the deus ex machina approach?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They said they had plenty of funding offers and we know the tech works, so they definitely need to start next season with them operational and going up against Hooli.

Jonno

Another brilliant season, they have set the standard very high, hilariously funny as always.

The Smart Fridge episode wasn't so much of a filler after all.

Time for them to operate on a bigger scale now, with Erlich leaving, time to get out of the house and compete more directly with Hoolie

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Not a great season finale. And while the season was funny, not much really happened. Hope next season really changes things dramatically. Get out of that little house. Compete with Hooli or whatever. Maybe a new character.

Revan

Assumptionman
Liked the season but I have the feeling that they are going over a circle since the first season. There should be more story development.

SqueakyWeasel

The "Bunny" internet is back … it's back baby … or is it?

Goodbye, Bachmann Erlich RIP :(

Just not the (audible gulp) same somehow!

Too much tame quiet business-centric dialogue and not enough in-your-face shouting Bachmann, Hanneman, or even early Belson type characters for comedy relief. This was never a great watch because anyone thought the tech or business side of the show was realistic or even viable … it "was" just a fecking great comedy show!

SqueakyWeasel

Wow! Just watched S05E02 and I can't believe that removing one character has made so much of a change?

That was almost painful to watch!

I can only imagine it's what it would have been like if Ernie Wise and Ronnie Corbett had decided to ditch their respective partners to team up to make a show!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Jin Yang comes across as more annoying than funny.
He's been a great character for 4 seasons because he works in very short appearances, usually with well worked one-liners.

They've increased his screen time and dialogue and it isn't working at all.

Dan

He's been a great character for 4 seasons because he works in very short appearances, usually with well worked one-liners.

They've increased his screen time and dialogue and it isn't working at all.
Just seen the first episode and came here to post the same thing.

I don’t miss Erlich at all though.

whatwha

Still watching. It's okay, not super funny. The lack of Erlich isn't the only problem. Can't quite put my finger on what the show needs.

Donut

I agree with the critics. I remember the show to be much funnier than it is this season.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I didn't even realise this was back on. Every season followed exactly the same arc as the season before. Adversity, big break, disaster. Got boring. Might try this eventually, as I've seen the previous 4. But I feel like it's over now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Started watching season 5. On episode 2 and it’s pretty shite. I quite like the Gavin Belson stuff, because he’s such a good caricature but Richard Hendrix is arguably getting beyond annoying at this point. And Jiang Yang is just a terrible character in anything other than tiny doses.

The biggest gripe is that this show is just so repetitive. However Kumail Nanjiani is always excellent. Show highlight for sure.

Last edited:

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
The first two episodes were incredibly flat but the most recent one was pretty good. It's beginning to suffer from what a lot of these shows do in their later seasons, as the characters just become their catchphrases, so to speak.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This week's was definitely better but the "Richard is a bit of a dick" trope is getting old.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
That was a really good episode to be fair. Glad they didn't draw out the mole thing. Season started poor but has steadily improved.

I lol'd hard when Jared called him a "rat feck" and his look when Richard asked him to bash Jin Yang's head in. He's easily the best character in the show now.

baskinginthesun

Still watching. It's okay, not super funny. The lack of Erlich isn't the only problem. Can't quite put my finger on what the show needs.
I know what you mean. For me, I just want them to have their company blow up and finally become a stable, growing, and game changing technology that it was supposed to be from the first season. But, every episode you know Richard is going to bring the company down in a crumbling fiery mess.

whatwha

I know what you mean. For me, I just want them to have their company blow up and finally become a stable, growing, and game changing technology that it was supposed to be from the first season. But, every episode you know Richard is going to bring the company down in a crumbling fiery mess.
I suppose that's the comedic formula that worked for them from the start. So they're understandably wary of deviating from it. But it gets stale. It would be a wasted opportunity if the show went through all its seasons without their company turning into a giant horrible corporation that perverts all its values. There's humor to be found there, I think.