Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography to be published on 24 October

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Maybe not having a pop as such, but he must have known the outcry there would be from the rest of the football world. Gerrard may not be top notch compared with Messi and Ronaldo, but in the context of the PL he certainly is. Some of our players now aren't top notch in world football either but are at PL level.

At his peak he was as good as a lot of players in Europe.

There something separating Gerrard from Scholes, Viera, Pirlo, Xavi, and Fabregas too IMO, wether that is an extra 'top' when describing him is a matter of semantics and quite irrelevant. I like how Sacchi put it.

The 'uproar' surrounding this is one of the silliest things I'v seen this season.

botond

just got it delivered , anyone know why its not SIR Alex Ferguson ?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Can't remember for sure but isn't it something like the publishers don't use 'Sir' as the name, but that he doesn't care and would have used Alex Ferguson as well?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There something separating Gerrard from Scholes, Viera, Pirlo, Xavi, and Fabregas too IMO, wether that is an extra 'top' when describing him is a matter of semantics and quite irrelevant. I like how Sacchi put it.

The 'uproar' surrounding this is one of the silliest things I'v seen this season.
Maybe he needed to play for us. We'd have made him that good, or if he had gone to Chelsea.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Maybe not having a pop as such, but he must have known the outcry there would be from the rest of the football world. Gerrard may not be top notch compared with Messi and Ronaldo, but in the context of the PL he certainly is. Some of our players now aren't top notch in world football either but are at PL level.

At his peak he was as good as a lot of players in Europe.

So the feck what? Imagine how boring the world of biographies, autobiographies, histories, etc would be if every author sat there and said "Oh I better not say what I really think, or say what happened during any given moment in time or give my own views on subjects because somebody might get upset."

Well that would make for some great reading.

A phrase comes to mind. You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

JustAFan

The rest of the football world? Brendan Rodgers, some twitter/Facebook gonks and some knobend scouse fans on here who spew bile every time "Whiskeynose" gets mentioned?
Yup, heaven forbid anything get written that upsets them. We should all be cowering under our tables living in fear of saying anything that will upset anyone.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What Liverpool fans think about SAF and his book is hardly even worth paying attention to. It is like considering a deer or rabbit's opinion on whether a tiger should be carnivorous or not.

JustAFan

What Liverpool fans think about SAF and his book is hardly even worth paying attention to. It is like considering a deer or rabbit's opinion on whether a tiger should be carnivorous or not.
It still amazes me the number of supposed United fans who are up in arms about SAF expressing his own opinions in his own autobiography, it is a bit mind boggling, especially the foolish reasons so many of them give. But then again I do have to remember that there are many children on the internet.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It still amazes me the number of supposed United fans who are up in arms about SAF expressing his own opinions in his own autobiography, it is a bit mind boggling, especially the foolish reasons so many of them give. But then again I do have to remember that there are many children on the internet.
Yup. Just goes to show how big influence media can be when 95% of the people are going on expressing opinions, without reading book themselves, about comments taken out of context by media.

JustAFan

Yup. Just goes to show how big influence media can be when 95% of the people are going on expressing opinions, without reading book themselves, about comments taken out of context by media.
Yeah was having one discussion elsewhere where the person I was talking to kept saying he had not read the book and that he knew the media might be taking things out of context, but that still did not stop him from saying SAF had no class, lacked professionalism and had no manners. Bit weird if you ask me.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I'm halfway through the book - pretty boring so far tbh. Nothing in it that we didnt already know.

I didnt like how he brushed the Rock Of Gibralter fiasco under the carpet

hp88

I'm halfway through the book - pretty boring so far tbh. Nothing in it that we didnt already know.

I didnt like how he brushed the Rock Of Gibralter fiasco under the carpet
Don't think he's allowed to talk about that. Read a couple of chapters, the thought of Bill Kenwright crying down the phone to his mum made me laugh.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
Don't think he's allowed to talk about that. Read a couple of chapters, the thought of Bill Kenwright crying down the phone to his mum made me laugh.
Well he should be allowed. I think a lot of fans would have been interested in knowing what happened. Afterall, it led to the Glazers taking over....

JustAFan

Well he should be allowed. I think a lot of fans would have been interested in knowing what happened. Afterall, it led to the Glazers taking over....
Well it depends on why he is not allowed. If it is a gag put on him from the club, then yeah he should be allowed. If it is a legal restaint/agreement then well it is what it is and he is not allowed to talk about it.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Read the first couple of chapters.

I do think its pretty badly organized and repetitive. He jumps from topic to topic and sometimes the transitions make no sense. Dont think the writer has done a great job of organizing the book and it reads more like an interview.

Unimpressive so far and little information that is new. Most of the stuff he's talked about in interviews over the years.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I pre-ordered the book, only for my mate to mail me the pdf on release date :(

Some new perspectives on his thoughts on a couple of players. I always thought Hargo was held in good regard, sadly not. The stuff about Keane, RvN had little tidbits new, but nothing earthshaking.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Some Barca quotes.

"Another great honour was the FIFA Presidential Award for 2011. At the ceremony I was sitting beside Pep Guardiola and right in front of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. The three musketeers. I felt privileged to be in that company."
"Barcelona were the best team to ever to line up against my Manchester United sides. Easily the best. The accomplishments of Lionel Messi, Xavi and Andres Iniesta were amazing to me."

SirAF

Ageist
Readers can read between the lines as to why he thinks Gerard wouldn’t leave Liverpool or why he was amazed that the Barcelona players he praises so much could play so many games at the top level. Even Ferguson has to operate within the laws of libel.

Andy Mitten

Moriarty

Nothing. It's only a riposte to the shite Hargreaves said about the club and our medical staff when he left is all.

Fergie was never going to let that one slide.
And now Hargreaves wants a face-to-face with Fergie. Stupid twat. Like that's really going to happen.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Read the first couple of chapters.

I do think its pretty badly organized and repetitive. He jumps from topic to topic and sometimes the transitions make no sense. Dont think the writer has done a great job of organizing the book and it reads more like an interview.

Unimpressive so far and little information that is new. Most of the stuff he's talked about in interviews over the years.
I agree with that. It's a good read, but that is the bad point. Someone else said they thought it was like an interview. From the comments made by Bosnich, Keane and Beckham and Hargreaves, they think it should be in the fiction category as well.