Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooshka

They are only good at that.

Rumours are circulating that Sir Alex broke down while telling his staff and squad of his decision, and many of them hearing lot broke down in tears as well.

feck it, It still hasn't sunk in.
Where did you hear that mate?

Spoony

The People's President
As a tribute to Fergie I'm going strap on my watch and tap it vigorously whilst making an annoyed face each time something is late. In fact I've decided to use public transport today. Those bus drivers won't know what's hit them.

I'll do it now and all after I press the quick reply button.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This is the Internet. Surely we can group together and create a campaign to ensure David fecking Moyes doesn't takeover from the greatest manager in football history.

I said don't rule it out, there were so many hints. His legacy is going to be unsurpassed, and he deserves to tell us he's finished. I can't imagine life after him, but shit just got real. My days of being spoilt with success may grind to a halt.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
feck.. Alright - a huge part of why I love this club just died.
I'll be reeling for days on this one.

Cant thank the man enough for what he has given the club. Absolute legend of the game and will be remembered long after we're all dead.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
This is the Internet. Surely we can group together and create a campaign to ensure David fecking Moyes doesn't takeover from the greatest manager in football history.

I said don't rule it out, there were so many hints. His legacy is going to be unsurpassed, and he deserves to tell us he's finished. I can't imagine life after him, but shit just got real. My days of being spoilt with success may grind to a halt.
You can feck off. Have some class.

JohnLocke

It's all starting to make sense now.

The SAF stand and the statue, in hindsight, were the writing on the wall.

I'm happy for him too, leaving when he's on top and will be able to spend his remaining years in watching the horses, drinking wine and spending time with his family.

God knows the sacrifices he's made to the club over the years.

Nogbadthebad

Whomever is taking over will be Fergies choice.

I rather think his judgment on it is a little better informed than yours.

I think it needs to be maureen short term because I cant think anyone else could truly handle the pressure, its the one after maureen thats the really important one, but if Fergie chooses Moyes, I dont think Im qualified to argue.

Traub

The more I think about it, the more I think something went wrong behind the scenes that led to this sudden announcement.

1. He always said he wants to leave the team when they're rock solid. We aren't rock solid in the middle. Our football this season have come under criticism alot.

2. He was talking alot about summer transfers just last week. 1 or players identified, admiring Lewandowski, 1 big name transfer etc.

3. He always seemed to want one final push for the champions league. I didn't think this was it.

Something went on behind the scenes. I'm pretty sure of it.
I actually think it's the opposite.

1. When was the last time we dominated the league with such a young team? Yes, our central midfield isn't great, but our squad is probably the best it has been for many years. Anyway, it isn't like there won't be cash to strengthen a bit.

2. SAF always liked a good WUM when it came to transfers. Also, his comments were the opposite of what was said to the shareholders, weren't they?

Looking at it from a different perspective, I wouldn't be surprised if we're already looking at players. A big player may really be on the cards to keep investors and fans thinking that United are bigger than SAF.

3. To be fair, it has been a long time since SAF was so over the top after losing a tie. I mean, Phelan said he wasn't in the right state to talk to the media? Quite clear with hindsight that he really wanted to win the tie at all costs.

botond

Something is off here .This should be announced only after the celebrations and parade , also with the replacement secured and announced at the same time .
somewhere the information leaked and forced the clubs hand to dismiss further speculation.

sdb4884

Amazing really, didn't see it coming. Credit to him though calling time on his career now. He really has nothing else to accomplish. He's won 13 Premier league titles, 5 FA Cups and 2 European Cups. He's seen off the dominance of Liverpool, seen of the challenge of Arsenal and conquered Roman's Chelsea. Finally he put Manchester City back in their place this season. He's left the club in a very strong position and with the right man in charge the club will continue to be strong.

Thank-you Sir Alex for all you've done!

Rudie

Mentary
Have one fecking meeting and come out of it to this, it's mental, obviously as a director he'll still be itching to have input into the first team still, wouldn't like to be the next manager.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Hey check this out, I just came from McDonalds right? And this is all over the news?

On a more serious note, this is weird, I did not see this coming at all. On the positive side he's leaving with our monumental 20th PL title, just too bad that crazy ref torpedoed his chance of a third CL title. Thanks for everything Sir, undoubtly the biggest legen in Manchester United's history, and that says a lot.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
heard the announcement on the radio. I nearly drove into the back of a bus. I though this was just some wind up last night. Don't even want to think about next managers. Couldn't care less at the moment.

Phil

And now United text me about entry to the u21s game against Liverpool..

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
SSN saying Moyes in pole position.

feck me sideways.
Adzzz, it was only just this morning they had to remove similar suggestions of Mourinho being "poised" to take over from Benitez. Why do people take Sky Sources as credible? They were pretty late to the retirement story in the first place so there's no reason to believe they're any more clued up than the rest. They're just making an educated guess based on betting and creating a bit of controversy in the process. No point paying attention to that.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I think Moyes is far more likely than Mourino but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be neither of them.

Adebesi

Casts a new light on that 10 minute period after the Nani sending off against Madrid. It seemed at the time like the reaction of someone who had rolled the dice for the last time and lost. Seems that is exactly what it was.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Well this is pretty shocking, even all the speculation going around last night I assumed was bullshit.

I can't think of a harder act to follow.

Quinton Fortune

Lets be honest, no one was ever going to be good enough to replace fergie. Lets all get behind the new boss and back him in the same way the board backed fergie, this is a new and exciting chapter in the history of a fantastic club.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I feel physically sick.

This day was always going to come, but it is still a shock.

What a summer we're in for now!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Adzzz, it was only just this morning they had to remove similar suggestions of Mourinho being "poised" to take over from Benitez. Why do people take Sky Sources as credible? They were pretty late to the retirement story in the first place so there's no reason to believe they're any more clued up than the rest. They're just making an educated guess based on betting and creating a bit of controversy in the process. No point paying attention to that.
They're almost verging on assuming Moyes is taking over.

To be honest, all the noise suggests its Moyes "cut from the same cloth as Busby and SAF" etc.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Something is off here .This should be announced only after the celebrations and parade , also with the replacement secured and announced at the same time .
somewhere the information leaked and forced the clubs hand to dismiss further speculation.
He told the players at the golf yesterday, I believe. It was supposed to be announced until the end of the week. Makes sense to announce it before the celebrations/parade so everyone gets the chance to soak it in knowing it's his last.

Status
Not open for further replies.