Sir Alex Ferguson Tribute Thread

An Irish Red

They showed a clip of him and Moyes on the touchline where Fergie was chewing away like a madman and looking at his watch. I'm going to miss him as our manager. We'll never see his like again.

I know it sounds a bit rawk like but I'm honestly proud that he was the manager of our football club.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
They showed a clip of him and Moyes on the touchline where Fergie was chewing away like a madman and looking at his watch. I'm going to miss him as our manager. We'll never see his like again.

I know it sounds a bit rawk like but I'm honestly proud that he was the manager of our football club.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. The man doesn't know who most of if not all of us us on here are, but we all feel the same connection to him.

DevilRed

I still can't believe this day has finally come. Still in shock. Beginning to miss Fergie already.

For me, Moyes really needs to hit the ground running. Especially when it comes to our style of play. I hope for his sake we play some attractive attacking football. Although to be fair, we didn't always do that this year anyway.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Come back Fergie is going to be Come back Ronaldo on crack if Moyes stutters.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph

The only thing that's stopping me blubbering like a little girl is that Ferguson has probably already started looking forward to his next job as director and whatever other things he has planned after retiring as manager. He's never one for looking back, always forward and I'm sure now will be no different.

So if he is too busy planning his future we should be busy supporting Moyes. In saying that though, if SAF looks to be getting in any way emotional on Sunday I won't be able to stop the tears

68-99-08

Now Fergie has retired, every football manager moves up one place.

The guy is an inspiration if nothing else. Sad, sad day that will take a while to get used to. It feels like losing a family member. Absolutely devastated.

Wish Moyes all the best but it is quite frankly the ultimate poisoned chalice in football.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I've thought about SAF the whole day yesterday. this has been an horrible year for me so far. I've lost my dad almost a month ago, I know the two things are not comparable, but I used to watch United with him and he was a huge Fergie fan (as every one of us is). So, I'll miss not only my dad, who's been the most important person in my life, but Fergie as well as he's always been part of my life since when I started following United back when I was a child. I'll have two voids to fill, one obviously bigger, but I'll Always thank my dad for making me the woman I am, and Fergie for all the memories and for everything he's done for my club. Thanx Fergie
May your dad rest in peace :(

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Lampard:

"When I look at Sir Alex Ferguson I love his ways, and the way he run Manchester United is a phenomenal achievement. He's a God of football."

Pele:

Sir Alex, you were my idol for a coach, and you are an example for all future generations.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I'm starting to accept that it's actually happened. The last 48 hours have been filled with drama and speculation, but now that the dust has settled, I think it will start to sink in with a lot of people.

It's been magical.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Every time I accept the fact he's retired I look at another tribute video and I fill myself with sadness. . I am so glad that he managed Manchester United and made us, once again, a power house of football. What a great ride its been but every ride must come to an end. Its been great but I really wish we didnt have to see this day. This time last week we were talking about Fergusons summer targets and how he would be staying for a few more years until Pep comes in. Life eh? Its always full of surprises and sadness.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
in 2011, you may all remember that documentary which involved our Robson and Fergies mate, Joe Sim. Well, does anyone remember when he said ferguson would retire? 3 years wasn't it?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Even in Holland it's been headline news and I bet it has been like that in the whole world. I can't think of a bigger compliment. An era has come to an end, not just for United but for the whole of football.
As a United fan I can't even begin to describe my gratitude to the man. He's given me so many proud moments. I count myself fortunate to have lived through his career. I just hope he has a long and happy retirement.

Giggsforever

His voice.:(:(
I was thinking the same thing, when he started speaking at the begining of this video I could not hold back the tears. I will miss him so much and I will miss his interviews, press conferences and his strenght and wisdom that made us a certain that we would always be the best, even after bad seasons and results.

NinjaFletch

I don't think I can ever admit to anyone apart from you lot just how much those vids on the past two pages made me cry.

His knighthood in the 'my way one' got me going.

Legend.

Giggsforever

I don't think I can ever admit to anyone apart from you lot just how much those vids on the past two pages made me cry.

His knighthood in the 'my way one' got me going.

Legend.
I just started crying like a baby infront of my GF just now watching the 10min in-dept BBC interview. Will watch the game with my father, his girlfriend and my girlfriend on sunday, I rather be alone then, because I'v be a mess. I suspect we will see crying like never before in the stands.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I never realised just how revered he was throughout the sporting world. I never realised either how massively famous he has made this club. I still always think of us as the underdog because we always were at the start, or at least at the start of my time following Manchester United. I obviously knew Manchester United were world famous but I suppose I never fully saw SAF as part of that stardom. He is just such a down to earth man.

When we used to train at the cliff it just seemed a million miles away to the global stardom that surrounds the club now. I still see the same Alex Ferguson as then and that's why it's strange to listen to Rafael Nadal, Pele, Mark Webber and a host of other top sports people, politicians and celebrities talk about him. Because he is the same man with the same values and the same philosophies as he was then. He has built this club by sticking to his ways for twenty six years. He's amazing

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Even in Holland it's been headline news and I bet it has been like that in the whole world. I can't think of a bigger compliment. An era has come to an end, not just for United but for the whole of football.
As a United fan I can't even begin to describe my gratitude to the man. He's given me so many proud moments. I count myself fortunate to have lived through his career. I just hope he has a long and happy retirement.
It's big news over here too. People at work who have no interest in the game were mentioning it. That by itself speaks volumes about the man. He really does transcend the sport.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
It's big news over here too. People at work who have no interest in the game were mentioning it. That by itself speaks volumes about the man. He really does transcend the sport.
He does transcend sport. Everyone knows who he is and what he stands for. The quotes from the Barca players were quite something. And you've got people like Rafa Nadal talking about him, it's fantastic.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Forget replacing his managerial skills, I'm gonna miss that personality. :(

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
For people who grew up and lived through the Fergie era, it'll never be the same...

I will always think of the Premier league and FA cup as HIS trophies. Seeing other managers win the league in the past was sickening and now to see other managers win it for the rest of my life will be hard to stomach.

There isn't any words that can justify a good tribute to him. My own personal tribute to him is that when I think of Manchester United, I don't think of Manchester the city, I don't think of Sir Matt Busby nor the Busby babes. I don't think of Munich. I don't think of 68, 99 or 08. I don't think of any on pitch antics or how we're the most successful British club ever.....

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Manchester United is, and always will be, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
He transformed my home team into the team that broke up the Old Firm domination in Scotland and then he transformed Utd into the team that kicked that bunch of whining losers off their self appointed perch.
Along the way he was able to give us countless examples of winding up the opposition till they lost the plot and the endless amusement that provided.
But the best bit was the fact that we have been for over 2 decades the best team to watch play football, its never been dull.

EvilChuck

I can't really explain how I feel. It is all so surreal, I think its because I havent heard it from his own mouth yet. Everything has been statements and press releases, so it isnt sinking in fully. Every time I start to think 'yeah, its done, time to move in' there'll be an advert for the weekend's game and I start to think again that he isnt really going anywhere.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I hope we still get to see plenty of him. I really will miss him.

It's going to be weird seeing him still managing for two more games.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I was lucky enough to meet him this year. I can't even imagine football without him. The best of all time, and we were lucky enough to have him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Soften a bit to Di Canio after reading this:

Paolo Di Canio has revealed the night he told Sir Alex Ferguson to: "F**k off!"

The Sunderland manager has revealed he was approached by the retiring Manchester United boss twice during his playing days at West Ham.

But both times he thought the mumbling Scottish voice on the other end of the phone was a friend playing a prank, rather than the Red Devils' legendary boss.

As he paid a warm tribute to a man he called "the Football God", Di Canio admitted: "He called me two Christmas Days in a row and I thought it was my friend.

"I said 'f**k off'. He said, 'No, Paolo, this is Alex.' I said, 'Alex who? Is this you, you mother-f***er?'

"It was so strange - I didn't understand the first few words!

"It was incredible to think about, especially as I was 31. He wanted me to play behind the strikers because Sheringham was nearly 40 and ready to quit.

"I thought, 'This is mad that he wants me.' I thought it was a joke, but I said I couldn't go. I was captain then and I could not move there because of the welcome West Ham had given me.

"It was a fantastic moment and gave me more energy because he was an important manager and you think you are a top footballer. I didn't have high esteem.

---------

"A few years ago, I was commentator on Italian TV for Man Utd-Arsenal in the Champions League. United won with a fantastic counter-attack goal, Rooney and Ronaldo.

"I went down to the car park, where the two coaches were. I remember that Ferguson saw me and he got out from the coach and shouted: 'Paolo, Paolo' and he came to me and said: 'How are you?' We hugged.

"It was another incredible moment for me. That gave me another dimension of the man and values of him as a person, and his respect for people.

"Now, one of the regrets of my career will be that my enemy in the dug-out will not be The Professor, The Football God, Ferguson. I am very sad that will not happen.

"He is the Unique One. Let him stay relaxed now, because what he has done will remain forever in this sport and even in 50 years people will be talking about this unique man."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paolo-di-canio-gaffe-sir-1879085#ixzz2SpoHh9Lg
Although Sheringham was 35.