Sir Bobby Charlton has died

rajds89

Rest in Peace Sir, a real footballing icon. It's a sad day for Manchester United, for fans and for football in general.

Dazzmondo

So sad to hear this. Amazing player. The most powerful long shot I've ever seen. Loved watching old matches of him, Best, Law, Stiles, Crerand and Foulkes. RIP

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Awful awful news. A legend of the game and a gentleman to boot. A second big figure in the club that we lost in recent weeks. Hopefully we hold a show of appreciation before Sheffield United today.

Flying high

Really sad news.

I'm too young to have seen him play, but seeing the joy on his face in Moscow will live with me forever.

More than a legend, truly part of the fabric of this club.

TrueRed79

What a legend he was. His place in United's history is cemented forever. RIP Bobby.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
RIP, one of the few who drove United towards greatness. The last years of his life were tough by all accounts, he can rest now.

Dannn411

RIP to the greatest Manchester United player ever. Been a pretty awful start to the season on and off the pitch. Sigh.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So sad.

It's hard in words to portray how much he means to United. A legend, a rock and an amazing footballer who epitomised Manchester United and it's rise from it's darkest hour.

Rest in peace

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
United's greatest player.

Glad he lived a long fulfilled life, that's all you can ask for. Condolences to the family. I'm sure we will mark his passing at the next home game.

bstb3

Ah this is awful, really really sad. Another one of greatest is gone. RIP to a proper Manchester United Legend. :(

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Rest in peace sir Bobby. Legend and gentleman, a great ambassador for our club and football. Sad day.