Sir Bobby Charlton has died

always_hoping

Sad day for football and for Manchester United.

What a player he was, rolls royce and how much would a player of his quality be worth today?

A pure gent off the field also, just listening to him speak he was true inspiration. RIP

Chicharo

I'm so sad you couldn't witness yet another title. RIP Sir Bobby, it won't be as it used to be now that we won't have the pleasure of seeing you in the stands watching your beloved club! :(
Send our love to Sir Matt and the Babes

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
In many ways the defining player in the club's history, particularly in terms of his role post-Munich.
Yes certainly was.
I am old enough and fortunate enough to have been able to watch Sir Bobby Charlton play on a number of occasions. Both for United and England.
And it is no exaggeration to say that he was one of the most naturally talented football players I had the pleasure of seeing.
Perfectly two footed.
Lovely balanced.
And he just used to glide over the ground. Even though the football pitches were nothing like as flat as now.

So thank you Sir Bobby. It was a privilege.

Cpl Hicks

RIP Sir Bobby. You were and always will be the soul of Manchester United.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Nooooooooooooooo

Greatest English player of all time. Could shoot like Scholes, drive forwards like Giggs, glide away from a press like Iniesta

One of the very few who won the World Cup, European Cup and Ballon d'Or. Less than 10 I believe.

Rest in peace.
Excellent description.
He was all of those and more.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I would propose the site to be adorned in colors more suitable for grieving as he as a fona fide club legend would deserve no less.

That word us thrown around quite a lot these days almost to the degree of losing it's meaning but sir Bobby was a club legend and then some, RIP.

nakpodiareuben

Great respect to a legend. I have been concerned as I have never seen him for quite some while now. Sleep on Sir Bobby Charlton

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
RIP. He was synonymous with United. On the playing side of things, he's United most iconic legend.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Properly gutted today. Best United player of all time and seemed
a really humble nice guy. RIP legend.

FattyFooty

Its gonna be so sad not seeing the camera on him during the games on TV.

RIP.

Appletonred

The word legend is often overused, but not in this case, Sir Bobby epitomised the word, rest in peace.

MTF

Yes certainly was.
I am old enough and fortunate enough to have been able to watch Sir Bobby Charlton play on a number of occasions. Both for United and England.
And it is no exaggeration to say that he was one of the most naturally talented football players I had the pleasure of seeing.
Perfectly two footed.
Lovely balanced.
And he just used to glide over the ground. Even though the football pitches were nothing like as flat as now.

So thank you Sir Bobby. It was a privilege.
What a privilege indeed.

Most meaningful player in the club's history.

PoTMS

Is there a player that epitomised Manchester United more than him? We'll never see the like of him again.

Manny

Grammar Police
RIP. An absolute legend. An incredible servant to the club.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Devestated, but should celebrate his life too.

RIP