Sir Bobby Charlton has died

buckooo1978

Rest in Peace Bobby.

a true United legend. what a man, what a life

During lockdown I went back and watched some classic games from the past. Bobby was amazing. Such a classy player and glided around the pitch.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Great role model and a good man. Led an long and storied life and leaves a wonderful legacy. I'd like to think him and Jack might share a hug.

redom

Terribly sad, he had a life few of us could even dream of and leaves a legacy he and his family can be forever proud of.

Leg-End

An absolute icon, giant in the game and in life.

Rest in Peace Sir Bobby.

Revan

Assumptionman
What a life he had! Our greatest ever player and together with Sir Alex and Sir Matt, our biggest legend.

Hughie77

Legend of the highest quality.... a quality man and a quality player.. saw him outside club shop years ago doing some kind of interview, it was on a non match day and not a lot of people about few waiting for him to finish get his autograpgh etc.
I didn't and maybe it was a bit of regret to meet the great guy, I always remember that.. sad day boys need a win tonight to remember him...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
RIP.

The word legend gets thrown around a lot but man was a true one.

Kelly15

So sad to hear the passing of Sir Bobby Charlton. Going to miss him at the games. He always seemed to be such a gentleman to me. As a player he is Manchester United. What a great player and ambassador for our club. RIP Legend!

Old Soffbord

Too young to have ever seen him play live.
But a real icon of giant proportions for the one and only club in my heart .
RIP

RedMarcus

Terrible news. For me, he epitomised what it means to be Manchester United. A huge loss for the club, fans, but most importantly for his family and loved ones.

kaku06

Words can’t describe what he was for this club. More than a legend. More than a great. An embodiment of this football club. The spirit of this football club. From being a busby babe to the Feb 1958 to Wembley in 1968 to seeing us triumph in Camp nou in 99 to Moscow in 2008. A sporting hero like no other. An icon like no other. RIP Sir Bobby Charlton. MR. MANCHESTER UNITED.

buchansleftleg

The heart and soul of the club in human form. So sad he has gone.

More than a legend, he deserves Icon status for his role as a player, an ambassador for the team and for Football as a whole.

RIP Sir Bobby...go and kick some thunderbolts past the celestial keepers!

DarkXaero

RIP to a true legend, arguably the greatest player icon in club's history, and someone who epitomized what a United legend is. His presence around the club will be greatly missed, a great loss.

djembatheking

Great player and a true gentleman. Thanks for the memories, a huge part of this football club and I am sure every Manchester United supporter will feel immense pride that Sir Bobby was a red devil. RIP , legend.

Bestofthebest

Bobby was playing for Utd when I first started watching them. He was such an elegant player and, as I found out later, a real gentleman. Pity there are not players around like Bobby nowadays instead of the mercenaries and whingers we have now. Thanks for the good times Bobby and RIP.

FireballXL5

I've only just heard. Another childhood hero gone. Tearing up just typing this. RIP Bobby.