Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
And for what reason would he do that here?
Because, as we see here on this forum and all over social media, Man United fans will go crazy calling for Ratcliffe the savior. Perhaps he thinks the fan sentiment will work in his favor?

Marcelinho87

Maybe not. But this is almost exactly the same playbook.

It was announced that Boehly and Clearlake Capital had entered into exclusive talks and then boom, Ratcliffe announced his bid at the 11th hour. Here, it seems Apollo have entered into exclusive talks and boom, Ratcliffe announces his bid. Perhaps he got word?
Possibly, though I think it was too late anyway for Ratcliffe with you guys? Here there isn't such a deadline.

clarkydaz

It was announced that Boehly and Clearlake Capital had entered into exclusive talks and then boom, Ratcliffe announced his bid at the 11th hour. Here, it seems Apollo have entered into exclusive talks and boom, Ratcliffe announces his bid. Perhaps he got word?
whats the point, piss a load of United fans off?

SouthernRedDev

He should be able to buy the club with the Tax he saved each year 4 Billion, from moving to Monaco. It'd be a bit of a backtrackon his previous statements.

TheReligion

Abusive
Because, as we see here on this forum and all over social media, Man United fans will go crazy calling for Ratcliffe the savior. Perhaps he thinks the fan sentiment will work in his favor?
To buy the club?

Great. That’s what everyone wants

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Ratcliffe even discussed a bid for Man Utd in that late Chelsea bid. I think his motives are a bit clearer now.

Waynne

Feck me. It really is all happening at this club.
- The woeful onfield performances.
- Issues with new signings
- The Frenkie thread
- Murtogh not sleeping
- The media having dogs at the club

And now this

United really is a fecking circus

Loon

:lol:
feck the player links. This one will really hurt if it’s all bollocks or falls apart.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think some of our resident oppos are getting shook at the fact we could be ridding ourselves of the Glazers you know… :drool:

They know what it’ll mean..

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
whats the point, piss a load of United fans off?
As I tried to say, his motive might be to get such a huge groundswell of support from United fans that the Glazers choose his bid instead of others? I’m just spitballing here.

Revaulx

Jesus, who the feck cares about this? He'll just be the owner. You're not obligated at all to follow him politically as a United fan. What, the Glazers are the pinnacle of morals or something? Some of you guys... so naive. And I'm not trying to insult you, but very childlike perspective of things. It has been said numerous times but nobody who has the money to buy United is going to be a decent human being. So let's just stop it at that, this isnt a fairy tale.
So all criticism of Chelsea, City and Newcastle will cease henceforth?

Ok then :)

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Problem is I can't conceptualise that much money.

I suppose what I want to know is whether he's sugar-daddy-who-could-whitewash-away-human-rights-violations rich? Or just will-look-to-run-United-as-a-sensible-profit-making-venture rich?
14.7 > 4.5

LordSpud

If the Glazers are trying to sell that minority stake to a fellow American firm it means they really arent looking to sell right now and just looking for investment. Whereas Jim Ratcliffe wanted to buy in with a view to take control. So I think the bubble has burst already for me :(

AdNani

As I tried to say, his motive might be to get such a huge groundswell of support from United fans that the Glazers choose his bid instead of others? I’m just spitballing here.
they've been here for 17. years and have never cared what fans think

TrueRed79

Obviously he wouldn't be in this to lose money. He's not stupid and is a self made billionaire. But would you consider a billionaire fan of the club, a local lad, buying this club at nearly 70 years of age, as a form of legacy purchase? Wouldn't think he'd be remembered globally for setting up, Ineos. If he does end up buying the club, i am 100% sure he will bring back the good times. Pretty sure he will go all in with everything. Proper investment in the team, new stadium, training ground etc. I might be a tad naive here but can't help but feel he's the right person.

The Firestarter

Can this guy force a hostile takeover by buying out some of the other Glazers but not the main two wankers? I have watched Succession and therefore I know how these things happen!

Revaulx

The Glazers gave money to Trumps campaign…that for me means they deserve any and all the shit that comes their way.

Hopefully their daddy lied on a loan application somewhere and they are held to account for it and spend the next 10 years in jail being someone called Big Dion’s prison wife. Especially the one with the stupid pony tail.

Alas the only thing that will be coming their way will be Jim Ratcliffe’s billions.

I wonder how he got his knighthood?

KiD MoYeS

If the Glazers are trying to sell that minority stake to a fellow American firm it means they really arent looking to sell right now and just looking for investment. Whereas Jim Ratcliffe wanted to buy in with a view to take control. So I think the bubble has burst already for me :(
If it makes you feel any better with how public Ratcliffe has been it will only turn up the heat for the Glazers. If they do undertake this investment deal with this American investment firm then more hell will break loose. The fanbase now know for definite there is a potential buyer.

clarkydaz

oh right yeah. thought you meant he was dead bidding just for goodwill of the fanbase

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

Alas the only thing that will be coming their way will be Jim Ratcliffe’s billions.

I wonder how he got his knighthood?
Theyre all corrupt which we know. But our corrupt billionaire is better placed in charge of the club than these leeches (especially the one with the pony tail who you just know thinks of himself as the coolest sibling which in fact hes actually that weird as fk uncle everyone has one of in their family)

LordSpud

If it makes you feel any better with how public Ratcliffe has been it will only turn up the heat for the Glazers. If they do undertake this investment deal with this American investment firm then more hell will break loose. The fanbase now know for definite there is a potential buyer.
When have the Glazers ever cared about that? They are on the other side of the world and 9 out of 10 times probably dont even watch the games when over there. Nah, I think they will keep control by selling to Apollo and the shit keeps spinning.

I really hope to God to be wrong though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It will take upwards of £6b for United. He’s worth £13b.
It’ll surely be him fronting a faceless consortium. If anyone new takes over it’ll take more years of upheaval before we are world class or even competitive off the pitch and then many more years after that to ever get close to what we were again. The glazers have well and truly broken us.

SuperiorXI

One thing is clear, we need to get the game stopped on Monday. Make the minority stake option an impossible one. Force their hand to sell now.

KiD MoYeS

When have the Glazers ever cared about that? They are on the other side of the world and 9 out of 10 times probably dont even watch the games when over there. Nah, I think they will keep control by selling to Apollo and the shit keeps spinning.

I really hope to God to be wrong though.
They don't care but we are now at a point that the online fanbase are registering negative reviews of their other financial interests. It is becoming ridiculous and something will have to give eventually, and I'm not sure it will be the fans.

Woodzy

So here’s a mad and probably way off the mark question but one could dream. Could our sudden and recent mad offers for players in the transfer market be the influence of new incoming owners?

The answer is almost certainly no, but feck it.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
One thing is clear, we need to get the game stopped on Monday. Make the minority stake option an impossible one. Force their hand to sell now.
And how do you stop a game on monday, somehow communicate to Ratcliffe to buy his share and then somehow get the glazers to sell later on?

Loon

I’m sure all of this is only helping the Glazers make more money via their minority share price sale and they will still have control of the club at the end of it.

SuperiorXI

Or the 1958 can keep doing the legal protests which has got them and us this far and everyone can also support ETH and the team?
The cancellation of the game during the ESL was an extremely effective tactic. The point is to remove the 'minority share' option and to get the Glazers to understand they need to sell up now or risk losing more and more.

I couldn't give a toss about the game right now. Getting the Glazers out is the most important thing we need to be focused on.