Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I've seen their rating on google go down from 4.2* to 1.8* in about 10 minutes :lol:

Love this. We need to keep the momentum going. Let’s annihilate Apollo online and get Ineos trending all across social media. The only language these rat face cnuts understand is £££.

Red Star One

I could imagine Becks and Neville being involved. Becks with money and Neville maybe more involved with some decision making.
Gosh, Neville being involved in decision making at the club makes me really feel perhaps Glazers are not so bad :lol: and I hate them to the bits :lol:

Let’s leave this poor attention seeker out of it, please. Hope he’s not involved in any capacity other than him using United to rack up clicks and views.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So here’s a mad and probably way off the mark question but one could dream. Could our sudden and recent mad offers for players in the transfer market be the influence of new incoming owners?

The answer is almost certainly no, but feck it.
No.

Loon

:lol:
I’m guessing United would not see a single cent of the money the Glazers would make from a minority sale. Any idea how much they’d make from it?

JB7

The cancellation of the game during the ESL was an extremely effective tactic. The point is to remove the 'minority share' option and to get the Glazers to understand they need to sell up now or risk losing more and more.

I couldn't give a toss about the game right now. Getting the Glazers out is the most important thing we need to be focused on.
You are absolutely correct. Some people will just be upset that they don't get to watch MNF. :rolleyes:

Sviken

Probably not.

It’s probably the Glazers playing 4D chess & instructing the club to leak wild transfer rumours with top players to drive the share price up ahead of selling the minority share Epstein’s pals for more money than it was worth last week.

Jim has obviously fallen for it.
Only this won't work because fans are already setting up the guillotine. Nobody is going to be content with this "plan" and things might really boil over.

JB7

There's no way that anyone with links with Epstein will end up owning part of this club, it just won't happen.
In the interests of fairness, he's not with the company any more, so no, he definitely wouldn't end up owning the club thankfully.

the_cliff

Let's hope the match going fans can get the game on Monday cancelled.

Will really get the point across.

rabnub

I think the onus is on all of us as fans now to apply pressure in anyway we can from our various locations and means.

At game on Monday if you can. Social media etc etc.

This is a glimmer of hope. Nothing more at the moment. Its time the fanbase united once and for all behind this ans be done with these parasites whether in next few weeks or within next few months.

JB7

Gosh, Neville being involved in decision making at the club makes me really feel perhaps Glazers are not so bad :lol: and I hate them to the bits :lol:

Let’s leave this poor attention seeker out of it, please. Hope he’s not involved in any capacity other than him using United to rack up clicks and views.
Yeah it'd be awful having a genuine supporter at the top level of the football club.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Yeah, let’s keep the Glazers instead :houllier:

The Firestarter

CEO: David Beckham
DoF: Gary Neville
Manager: Ole Ole I love you
Technical Director: Fletch
Marketing director: Paul Scholes
Head of Academy: Nicky Butt
Chief Data Scientist: Phil Jones

:drool:

SuperiorXI

That was a one-off event when crowds weren’t in the stadium. You get the game Monday called off a) you’ll have scenes of fans fighting police again at a time when we want someone to buy us and need the media on board and on message b) you’ll get us a points deduction at a time when we should be supporting ETH c) you’ll totally divide the fecking fan base. People pay thousands to travel and watch games and you’ve just decided you’re going to get it called off. What gives you or anyone else that right? It’s just a monumentally thick idea. The momentum is building. The media are all onside. The fanbase is together. There’s a buyer waiting. Huge protests on the march beforehand with chants of Ratcliffe in the stadium will do the job. You don’t have to burn everything down.
Why would the fans fight the police? There are easy, peaceful methods to stop the game going ahead as demonstrated previously.

Points deduction? A small price to pay. I take a long term view that the best way to support ETH is to get him some proper owners, for a start.

You're wrong to blame fans who want the Glazers out and doing everything in their power to do so. Do you not realise the damage they are causing? We need to be more than prepared for some day trippers crying they couldn't visit the megastore...

I never said burn anything down, I am merely looking at what was the most effective way to get the Glazers' attention. Evidently it's to hit them where it hurts them the most, their pockets. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
There's no way that anyone with links with Epstein will end up owning part of this club, it just won't happen.
Life long United supporting billionaire comes to the rescue or the Glazers pocket all the cash whilst we're asset stripped by a faceless corporation fronted by someone who used to hang out with the King of Paedos? We both know which one is more likely.

We're cursed. Sir Alex must have kicked a shoe at a mirror on his way out.

Marcelinho87

Life long United supporting billionaire comes to the rescue or the Glazers pocket all the cash whilst we're asset stripped by a faceless corporation fronted by someone who used to hang out with the King of Paedos? We both know which one is more likely.

Love the man but he defended the Glazers many times calling them a great family etc

hp88

The replies :lol:

Looks like we have got the fanbase to destroy anyones social media presence, saw something similar with a load of business owned the Glazers last week.

Everyone got to play a part in this, if you wan't get to the ground get yourself over to a Google review page for one of their hotels.

DSG

justboy68

This is so exciting. Almost the perfect owner. Doing it for legacy not money, experience of owning sports teams and running them well.

Time for us fans to drive it home and make our feelings very clear about how much we want Ratcliffe in!

stevoc

I honestly do not get why any minority stake makes sense for the investor. This club has huge potential but it will only be unleashed with the fan base onboard - and that isn’t happening with the glazers here. You’re giving a billion plus to have no control in decisions, be associated with the toxicity toward them and you’re betting on them growing the asset for you to get a return - which given their incompetence seems a bit nuts. They’re now a PR and brand disaster. Minority stake makes zero sense.
It doesn't does it?

But it going public that you are negotiating with an investment firm to sell a minority stake in the club might just drive up the price for someone else looking to buy the club outright.

I'm sure it's completely coincidental though.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
This is so exciting. Almost the perfect owner. Doing it for legacy not money, experience of owning sports teams and running them well.

Time for us fans to drive it home and make our feelings very clear about how much we want Ratcliffe in!
People will always say football is a different business to other sports, but the fact he has delved into others with success would be a starter over other first time investors.

I would be all in since due to the fact he gave it his all to make the other teams he became an owner in a dominant team.

Pipe dream but if he starts as a minority shareholder with a view to increase stake to majority then I'm all in.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
“This is not about the money that has been spent or not spent,” Ratcliffe’s spokesperson said. “Jim is looking at what can be done now and, knowing how important the club is to the city, it feels like the time is right for a reset.”
Its a legacy investment.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

13 PL titles…we are genuinely cursed :(

Edwards6

Hope I'm wrong but it's probably the Glazers hoping to sell some shares and pocket the money, it won't benefit the club. Still don't see them selling up yet unfortunately