Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Please let these parasitic money grubbing leeches feck off. Take Arnold and Murtough with you too.

UDontMessWith24

So all criticism of Chelsea, City and Newcastle will cease henceforth?

Ok then :)
It's not criticism to point out that those clubs ranged everywhere between mediocre to complete shite before they were taken over, just a statement of fact.

Revaulx

You will NOT find a billionaire ANYWHERE in the world without some shitty side to them, it is what it is..
Indeed.

Him denying global warming is his opinion, it has no effect on anything.
Not really. He’s made his fortune out of an industry that’s a huge contributor to global warming. Said fortune being what he will be using to buy United.

I’m not claiming any sort of moral superiority here; I’ve made a modest amount indirectly out of the oil and gas industry myself.

BBer13

Unless The Glazers were willing to sell the full share of the club to another American fund, i dont see them selling a minority share. The reason being is the fans already want them out, If they sold to an investment fund who are only interested in profit would lead to bigger protest, more matches getting cancelled and even more toxicity around the club. Something they wouldnt want unless they are willing to sell the full share to them.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Unless The Glazers were willing to sell the full share of the club to another American fund, i dont see them selling a minority share. The reason being is the fans already want them out, If they sold to an investment fund who are only interested in profit would lead to bigger protest, more matches getting cancelled and even more toxicity around the club. Something they wouldnt want unless they are willing to sell the full share to them.
Agree, I think now the fans have had a taste of the potential new ownership they will try and force it through even more.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The cancellation of the game during the ESL was an extremely effective tactic. The point is to remove the 'minority share' option and to get the Glazers to understand they need to sell up now or risk losing more and more.
That was a one-off event when crowds weren’t in the stadium. You get the game Monday called off a) you’ll have scenes of fans fighting police again at a time when we want someone to buy us and need the media on board and on message b) you’ll get us a points deduction at a time when we should be supporting ETH c) you’ll totally divide the fecking fan base. People pay thousands to travel and watch games and you’ve just decided you’re going to get it called off. What gives you or anyone else that right? It’s just a monumentally thick idea. The momentum is building. The media are all onside. The fanbase is together. There’s a buyer waiting. Huge protests on the march beforehand with chants of Ratcliffe in the stadium will do the job. You don’t have to burn everything down.

Loon

:lol:
Remember the days when some on here mocked the green and gold and defended these people?

Marcelinho87

Indeed.

Not really. He’s made his fortune out of an industry that’s a huge contributor to global warming. Said fortune being what he will be using to buy United.

I’m not claiming any sort of moral superiority here; I’ve made a modest amount indirectly out of the oil and gas industry myself.
True, he has made a fair bit out of it but plastics etc were a viable product that had it's place, not so much now of course.

Anyhow, it still boils down to an opinion of his as he has no say on policy and it isn't his fault that governments don't have backbones.

cyberman

I love the PR. Just to remind people there’s going to be more than one bidder if we are for sale.

gaffs

We gotta keep cool on this one. What good is the Glazers selling a small percentage?

It feels like they just wanna liquidate some of the equity that has grown within the club over the last 17 years.

They may just want to cash out a billion for another project. As long as they have majority shareholding then it ain’t no use.

Positive news over all through because it feels like they could be opening the door for a full takeover.

Redjazz

Can this guy force a hostile takeover by buying out some of the other Glazers but not the main two wankers? I have watched Succession and therefore I know how these things happen!
The 2 would still control the club (about 70% voting power) while owning about 20% of the club, if all the others sold their shares to outside investors.

Tiber

To have the words Football Club put back on out badge would be one of the greatest feelings ever as a Manchester united fan
This shouldn't even make the top 100 reasons the ownership needs to change

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So that’s that then. Ratcliffe being given the cold shoulder.
Nah. If they want to stand a chance of pocketing all that cash they can't be dismissing the most likely candidate. Also, hatred for them is boiling over. I am amazed the rat-haired cnut managed to get into OT without being savaged. Given this club is losing its soul and here's an opening at getting rid of them once and for all, I could see them holding onto the club tipping people over the edge, i.e. keep hold of the club but lose your safety.

On a related note, I was wondering prior to these Epstein bidders reported in the Mail that a good strategy would be to link the parasites speculatively to Epstein island on social media, just on the right side of defamation. Now we have bidders who were actually there.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
New to this thread. Very drunk. Please could a finance nerd give me a number out of ten chance of this happening. Thanks x

Wicked_Badger

So here’s a mad and probably way off the mark question but one could dream. Could our sudden and recent mad offers for players in the transfer market be the influence of new incoming owners?

The answer is almost certainly no, but feck it.
Probably not.

It’s probably the Glazers playing 4D chess & instructing the club to leak wild transfer rumours with top players to drive the share price up ahead of selling the minority share Epstein’s pals for more money than it was worth last week.

Jim has obviously fallen for it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Easily. Could be a private equity firm who are even more ruthless than the Glazers.
Well no actually as the PL and FA have since prohibited a similar takeover happening ever again. Seems like we are a case study for how to not be ran.

So at the very least if we got more blood suckers the debt would be shifted.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I've seen their rating on google go down from 4.2* to 1.8* in about 10 minutes :lol:

I honestly do not get why any minority stake makes sense for the investor. This club has huge potential but it will only be unleashed with the fan base onboard - and that isn’t happening with the glazers here. You’re giving a billion plus to have no control in decisions, be associated with the toxicity toward them and you’re betting on them growing the asset for you to get a return - which given their incompetence seems a bit nuts. They’re now a PR and brand disaster. Minority stake makes zero sense.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I honestly do not get why any minority stake makes sense for the investor. This club has huge potential but it will only be unleashed with the fan base onboard - and that isn’t happening with the glazers here. You’re giving a billion plus to have no control in decisions, be associated with the toxicity toward them and you’re betting on them growing the asset for you to get a return - which given their incompetence seems a bit nuts. They’re now a PR and brand disaster. Minority stake makes zero sense.
Absolutely, it doesn't make sense. Would be slightly funny if they get a load of shit from fans and the Mail article is inevitably fake :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Seriously Jim. Set up a go fund me. I'll fecking donate to help you buy united. A shitload of United fans would too. Its crazy but it would work.