g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

AdNani

feck FDJ, feck Casemiro, feck Pulisic, Im setting up camp in here.

Chairman Steve

I can see Ratcliffe being a bit hands on and involved with our affairs. He’s a bit of a jet setter and you regularly see him at the ventures he’s invested in.

Hal9000

I'm sceptical whether he has the money to invest in the club, if he doesn't he will end up buying the club with a loan and will be no different than the Glazers with the extortionate interest payments.
He'll have a consortium behind him, but we've had over £1bn + taken out in interest payments and dividends since the Glazers came in. That money could of gone somewhere else.

Laurencio

Is he good?
Lifelong united fan, very wealthy, very professional in how he handles sport teams - owns INEOS Team UK, OG Nice, and is a principle partner of the F1 team Mercedes. Doesn't suffer fools in management positions and is as serious as they come. He and his investment firm would be absolutely amazing as owners.

brother ant

Oh god, oh god, oh god, Ratcliffe is buying us isn't he? I can't get my hopes up too much, but man that would be amazing.

It's hardly possible to be more disappointed in the ownership situation than we are right now :lol:
If these reports are true and also the reports of all the recent transfer news …. Would the Glazers really be chucking money around left and right? Surely they be saving as much as they can?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Hope they bring the juices from the Sky/early Ineos days. We have some asthmatic players.
What a cynical man you are. Stuff like this happens only in lower-value sports like cycling

RoyH1

Lifelong united fan, very wealthy, very professional in how he handles sport teams - owns INEOS Team UK, OG Nice, and is a principle partner of the F1 team Mercedes. Doesn't suffer fools in management positions and is as serious as they come. He and his investment firm would be absolutely amazing as owners.
Agree. Best case scenario for me as a future owner.

Sviken

He'll have a consortium behind him, but we've had over £1bn + taken out in interest payments and dividends since the Glazers came in. That money could of gone somewhere else.
Honestly all he needs to do is just clear the debt and maybe upgrade the facilities. The club is more than self-sufficient to operate on its own and even give him a little profit on the side

Suedesi

That's because you looked at Boehly instead of Clearlake Capital.
Kind of irrelevant, but Chelsea was purchased by a consortium led by Todd Boehly, chairman and CEO of Eldridge, and Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. (together with its affiliates, “Clearlake”). The consortium also includes Hansjörg Wyss, founder of the Wyss Foundation, and Mark Walter, co-founder and CEO of Guggenheim Capital. Walter and Boehly are owners of the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Los Angeles Sparks.

Unclear what the cap table looks like, but Bohely seems to be the main guy. In any case Ratcliffe can put together a similar club deal for United.

Classical Mechanic

This is a thread that would deserve our best muppetry effort when you think about what kind of impact this would have for United
Jim is from Manchester and supported United as a kid. He’s 69 now so I don’t think he’ll be looking for a long term project or slow build. My hope is that he’ll be more than happy to plow shitloads into it and enjoy his twilight years as much as possible.