g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year 2022/2023

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Is Rashford a lock for this?

Can another player do enough till the end of the year to nick it off him?

Other contenders:

Bruno- captain and ever present.

Martinez- cool, calm and calculated. Fighting spirit personified.

Casemiro- best midfielder we've had in years

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rashford will probably win it. Outside chance of Case but I think that's it.

Big Andy

Bloke
Will be a tight one this year I think. There's a few that could win it. But it's definitely between Martinez, Casemiro and Rashford

Eddy_JukeZ

Rashford should win it easily.

He'll probably score 35+ goals this season. Last time someone eclipsed that mark for us was CR7 in 2007-2008.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
so nice to see several really good candidates after last year when there were none!!

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
There are many games left, but right now it's Casemiro or Rashford. Both are equally deserving.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Martinez has one bad game, like the rest of the team and he's out of the running? He gets my vote.

Theonas

Scout
Surprised at no mention for Shaw as I think he's been excellent this season and at least as good as Martinez. But Rashford should be a lock in. Scoring 30 plus a season and being easily one of the best in Europe should guarantee it.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
A lot of football to be played yet.At the moment it’s Rashford, Casemiro, Martinez and maybe Bruno .

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Varane always seems to be forgotten in these discussions. Overshadowed by Martinez but has been excellent all season

slored1

1. Rashford
2. Casemiro
3. Shaw
4. Martinez
5. Bruno

That would be my picks in order.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Rashford has hit the form of his life, I’d say it has to be him.

how nice is it not to have our keeper in player of the year conversation

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Casemiro
Rashford
Martinez

In that order at the moment. Casemiro & Martinez were a bit more consistent over the course of the season although post-World Cup Rashford has been simply unplayable.

Son

Varane always seems to be forgotten in these discussions. Overshadowed by Martinez but has been excellent all season
I prefer Varane as a footballer. I think he’s more consistent, quicker for sweeping, stronger and just adds stability. Out of all our defenders he’s the first on my team sheet.

1. Rashford
2. Casemiro
3. Bruno
4. Varane
5. Eriksen or Martinez or Shaw (tie)

I obviously don’t rate Martinez as highly as most on here. I must be like the Argentina manager :lol:

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Rashford appears to be a lock for this. Casemiro has an outside chance if he does some heroics but other than that, Marcus Rashford it is.

Irwin99

Rashford and Casermiro are the two obvious picks. Martinez has been fantastic over all but i think the other two are more irreplaceable. At the moment would probably just give it to Rashford but we'll have to wait and see.

Top picks: Rashford and Casermiro
Very good seasons: Bruno, Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Fred,

Irwin99

Rashford will win. The prolific goal scorer always wins.
Not always- Keane in 1999 beat Yorke and Becks, Heinze in 05 beat Rooney who had a great first season when he was top scorer and he won the PFA young POTY.

also Valenica beat Rooney in 11/12

CM

Rashford will get it. Casemiro probably gets the player's player one.

surf

Rashford. No contest surely since he's been Prem player of the month 3 times already this season. Has to be a good shout for Prem player of the season too.

el3mel

Rashford should dominate all these awards this season. He has been our most important player this year.

sugar_kane

Martinez won't get it this year but he will in a future season, he's absolutely world class that lad and only 25.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Too early for me because who knows what else happens by the end of the season but early contenders are:

Rashford
Casemiro
Martinez

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The shortlist consists of rashford, casemiro and Martinez.

Personally I'd give to either casemiro or Rashford.