Slopes at Old Trafford

Dan

Our corner kicks would be better without them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I swear there's a few incidents a season directly relating to these slopes.
Injuries and scuffles.

It's about time they did something to stop the inevitable smash into the hoardings they cause,

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Always thought it's bad. Surprised we haven't seen injuries because of it. The slope to curb is asking for a broken ankle.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
There's absolutely no reason for it. If it's related to cleaning/heating/drying after rain then there are another technologies and ways to do that.
The only use I can see is to put lions in there that sometimes comes out when a player gets nearby it. So they have to fight the lion, control the ball and beat the opponent all at the same time.

Chief123

This story immediately made me think of the brick surface at the bottoms of those slopes. Absolutely mad, when you think about it.
You would think we could at least make the surface at the bottom some kind of spongy tarmac like you get in kids play areas. We just seem to have rock solid concrete as if we’re determined to pick up a few long term injuries just for a laugh.

Yakuza_devils

In today's technology, the raised pitch is not necessarily at all. The design of raised pitch cause lots of risks and safety hazard to the players. The injury could be very serious and it's a ticking time bomb something really bad may happen.

Time to revamp Old Trafford when new owners take over?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
O it must be a British thing as I haven't heard of that in USA for 20 years I have been living here.
I believe it was popularised (if not created) around the time of the Vietnam war by US troops and also spread to Australia due to their involvement in the Vietnam war.

USREDEVIL

In today's technology, the raised pitch is not necessarily at all. The design of raised pitch cause lots of risks and safety hazard to the players. The injury could be very serious and it's a ticking time bomb something really bad may happen.

Time to revamp Old Trafford when new owners take over?
I dub thee "director of groundskeeping."