Slopes at Old Trafford

Chief123

Posts that feel racist but aren't
There’s me wondering why everyone is enjoying laughing at your post and I’m scratching my head wondering why I’m not getting the joke. The hard life.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There’s me wondering why everyone is enjoying laughing at your post and I’m scratching my head wondering why I’m not getting the joke. The hard life.
Slope is a synonym for slant which had racist connotations

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
In today's technology, the raised pitch is not necessarily at all. The design of raised pitch cause lots of risks and safety hazard to the players. The injury could be very serious and it's a ticking time bomb something really bad may happen.

Time to revamp Old Trafford when new owners take over?
I think we should fill the space with thousands of mini footballs. All the safety for a fraction of the cost.

ExoduS

I believe it was popularised (if not created) around the time of the Vietnam war by US troops and also spread to Australia due to their involvement in the Vietnam war.
I missed that during "Land of Promise" class back in high school.

PeteReDevil

iPete
I sometimes wonder why they never fix it, but then I remember the pitch I grew up with

Drops off 5 metres behind the other end and up towards 10 metres by the corner flag to the flag. I loved chugging the ball away in that direction. A free few minutes break in play.

Never got to play on the new surface they put in though

USREDEVIL

I sometimes wonder why they never fix it, but then I remember the pitch I grew up with

Drops off 5 metres behind the other end and up towards 10 metres by the corner flag to the flag. I loved chugging the ball away in that direction. A free few minutes break in play.

That's amazing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Faroe islands?

BootsyCollins

Looks amazing, are you banned from there?

Strootman's Finger

O it must be a British thing as I haven't heard of that in USA for 20 years I have been living here.
It's definitely used in the US, there is a pretty funny scene in the movie True Romance where Christopher Walkin uses it in this context and that movie is probably near 30 years old. But pretty dated term, you don't hear it too much anymore, but that could be that there just isn't as much casual racism as there used to be.

Oldyella

Not a bad view that.

Robin

I’m sure back in the day the Yeovil pitch sloped a few yards from side to side ,

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s actually mental how close the barriers are on some pitches and I’m surprised there’s not been a more serious injury at the top level. It wouldn’t even take much to put some padding there or something but obviously they’d have to find a new way to advertise which is the actual reason they won’t change it. In terms of the slope I’ve got no idea why they don’t just level it off at OT.

I remember Van Persie falling into the camera pit at QPR. Could’ve done some serious damage there.

lex talionis

The slope is there primarily for underground heating and drainage, but the problem isn't the slope itself but the brick edging around it is pretty sharp. At least the part of the pitch I've been near. A fall gone badly wrong and your dome will crack.

Devil You Know

If you having slope problems I feel bad for you friend, we got 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Pavl3n

O it must be a British thing as I haven't heard of that in USA for 20 years I have been living here.
Well I also wasn't aware of the hidden meaning, but a simple 'slope English meaning slang' google search gave me all the info I needed to get it.

PeteReDevil

iPete
:lol:Did you win atleast?
Strap your boots on and go for a kick i think, then the last time you played on the pitch would be a nice memory.
I think we lost 3-0/3-1. I've thought of playing again lots of times, but these days that scares me of getting injured and derailing my running.

Sushi Kagawa

Doesn't city's ground have slopes as well or have I got the wrong stadium?

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?

Beautiful setting, but it must have been a cnut of a place for the ball boys

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
3 players into the ad boards in the same half. How on earth does this stadium pass EHS regulations?

Red00012

3 players into the ad boards in the same half. How on earth does this stadium pass EHS regulations?
We have toilets full of leaking piss , a roof that lets water in … we do what we want