Smashley Young

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was hit with such power that it's pretty central and the keeper still can't get near it.

I think that says it all.

Hopefully he pushes on now. And gets back to 1st season form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes it was a great shot, young has always been capable of scoring a screamer now and then. So are most average footballers. Just because he scored a goal doesn't make him good, or potential to turn it around ffs. He's still shite, useless, and doesn't deserve to be close to the team. I mean he's 28, you'd expect a winger at united, even if he's a back up winger, to be capable of more then one goal in the capital one cup in the last 18 months.

Can't believe some people honestly think this is some turning point for him :lol: He's shite, always has been, always will be. One goal against stoke doesn't change that. He's good for a midtable club, nowhere near good enough for united. I would rather give chances to youngsters who have the potential to become future first team players. That's what your back up should be, not players in their prime who put out awful performances 9/10 times.

togg

Yes it was a great shot, young has always been capable of scoring a screamer now and then. So are most average footballers. Just because he scored a goal doesn't make him good, or potential to turn it around ffs. He's still shite, useless, and doesn't deserve to be close to the team. I mean he's 28, you'd expect a winger at united, even if he's a back up winger, to be capable of more then one goal in the capital one cup in the last 18 months.

Can't believe some people honestly think this is some turning point for him :lol: He's shite, always has been, always will be. One goal against stoke doesn't change that. He's good for a midtable club, nowhere near good enough for united. I would rather give chances to youngsters who have the potential to become future first team players. That's what your back up should be, not players in their prime who put out awful performances 9/10 times.
absolutely..can't stand him...never have and never thought he was worth it. Overated, very average, an embarrassement to the club and too old to change now....

get him out...

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
After another great game against West Ham, really hope he can push on, a rejuvinated Ashley Young will be great for our title hopes.

#WillPostThisInTwoDays

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Why shouldn't people be optimistic about Young netting a goal? The difference in the player himself after scoring the goal was massive. He went on a tidy run and nearly scored another until he was knocked off balance right at the last second. And then on the counter when he ran the ball along the touchline and got right around the back of the defenders, but had very little to aim for in the box. He was shite before the goal, and very useful after it. It will have done him the world of good to score, so it's telling that some fans think he can kick on, and hopefully be useful.

Nobody is saying he's going to win the league on his own, but hopefully he'll have more confidence to actually have a go at defenders (like he did on Wednesday after he scored) instead of constantly coming away from goal, or just playing for a foul. Valencia was the same. His confidence looked shot. He scored a couple of goals, and now he's running at defenders full pelt again.

Have a bit of optimism, you miserable sods.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If he plays with more balls, he'll be somewhat useful.

Show some fortitude you skinny little diving runt who has the ability to hit a ball quite nicely from time-to-time but passes the ball backwards too much for a winger.

acnumber9

If he plays with more balls, he'll be somewhat useful.

Show some fortitude you skinny little diving runt who has the ability to hit a ball quite nicely from time-to-time but passes the ball backwards too much for a winger.
Why are you talking about Kagawa in the Smashley Young thread?

Shimo

Why are talking about Kagawa in the Smashley Young thread?

After reading your post, it made me think that I seem to be saying that a lot about bunch of players in our squad. To me it's not a lack of quality but, more than anything just some big cobra guy balls (google it if the reference is lost).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We bought him after he's having an excellent season, playing behind striker. Then United have used him mostly as left winger. So is Kagawa. Their best position is no. 10.

I'm not blaming Fergie and co. But what's the the thinking behind converting no. 10 to almost pure winger?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Cracking strike, still not good enough for Utd. The only way I want him to stay is if he grows a big mexican style mouser and plays behind Cheech so we can call them cheech and chong :)

Love the rawk vid :)

Cina

Why does he insist on doing good things? Stop it damn you!

Wonderful goal.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Deserves to start ahead of Tony in the next match.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Bet some of you people who constantly knock the guy are feeling reaaaaaaally stupid right now.

Hannibal

Bet some of you people who constantly knock the guy are feeling reaaaaaaally stupid right now.
I have always maintained Young is our 2nd best winger. Only Nani is better than him. I dunno where the general hatred came from.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
On current form he deserves to be ahead of Nani and Kagawa to play on the left hand side.

He has 6 months to turn his United career around and prove he should be kept...

Waldner

I have always maintained Young is our 2nd best winger. Only Nani is better than him. I dunno where the general hatred came from.

He's a good winger who just had a terrible run of form. Now he's full of confidence and getting back to the form that we bought him for. He's a good player and needs the backing of fans.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Start him on right side ahead of Tony in the next match. Playing with confidence now.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Looks like he's been instructed to do more than stay out on the left. He was tucking in alot, and playing with a bit of freedom. Really nice strike. Cant fault him at all in the past 2 games. Some shite crosses in the first half against Stoke, but I'll give him the benefit of the awful conditions.

Waldner

Why? Does scoring two goals erase 18 months of consistent crap performances?

People knock him as being not good enough for the club and other such nonsense. The last 2/3 games he's showing what he can do with that confidence that a few good, well-taken goals can give you. He's clearly not a useless player and while it's early days in his 'recovery' he's showing that yes, he is capable of performances good enough for a place in the United squad.

The way some people go on it's as if the guy shouldn't be playing league football.

Kag

On current form he deserves to be ahead of Nani and Kagawa to play on the left hand side.

He has 6 months to turn his United career around and prove he should be kept...
He's had two shots that have gone in. However, he's been absolutely diabolical all season and his general performances considerably worse than both that of Nani and Kagawa, both of which are demonstrably better footballers.

Young still has no future here as far as I see it and he should still be sold in January unless these injuries get very bad. He's not good enough; we need to improve on the likes of him.