Sneijder to Galatasaray?

Cold_Boy

So at 28 he still has 4 years at the top at least left and he goes to the Turkish league?

JP77

------------------RvP

----Kagawa--------------Rooney

----------------Sneijder

------------Cleverley-----Carrick

Come on Caf...I know you want it!

:lol:

Joking. The cnut had his chance but priced himself out of a move. Good riddance to us.

He'd be a decent gamble for Spurs/Pool or even Arse though.
I don't think it had anything to do with pricing himself out of a move. I'm still confident he'd be playing here if Inter didn't sell Eto'o. Once they did, they didn't need to sell Sneijder, therefor ultimately things became much more difficult and the sale didn't happen. Had Eto'o not gone, everything would more than likely have been different.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not sure why Sneijder is the one to blame here?

Inter clearly want to get rid of him and he has no other offer than Gala's. Should've joined us an year ago but refused to take a pay cut, how he must be regretting that.

Unam333

So at 28 he still has 4 years at the top at least left and he goes to the Turkish league?
I know. It's baffling really. It's his own fault really, he priced himself out of a move to Liverpool, Arsenal (insert < (big) club in a big league>) by being greedy and not lowering his wage demands.

Not a fan of Sneijder, I always questioned his commitment and attitude, but I do recognize his footballing talent and ability. So I'm surprised he's going to play in an inferior league. I expected more from Holland's captain and one of Holland's best players.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I don't want him here (anymore...) but at the same time I didn't want him to go somewhere like Liverpool where he might somehow find some form. Let him go to Turkey at age 28, if he does well there then who really cares?

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.

Inter clearly want to get rid of him and he has no other offer than Gala's. Should've joined us an year ago but refused to take a pay cut, how he must be regretting that.
I think he's still asking for a large signing fee up front, someone was suggesting he and his agent are asking for as much as £10 million up front, because the transfer fee is low.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
So, showed potential at Ajax, sat on his arse at Madrid, had a couple of brilliant seasons at Inter in which he was probably the best midfielder in the world, and now his career, footballing wise, is essentially over.

Moultz

The treble winning season went to his head if you ask me. In all honesty should of been awarded the Ballon D'or for his contribution to Inter and the dutch national squad in getting to the WC Final.

Had the opportunity to even continue his carrer here even if it was not with us. Liverpool would of been great for him and tbh id of been pissed if he went there because id feel we'd of lost out...

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Poor career choices abound but he still had one fantastic season, sadly, I think that's about all he'll ever have.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He could easily find a good club in a good league, he won't take a lower contract though and opts for Galatasaray who are probably going to pay him that massive signing on fee he has asked for. He seems to have no ambition, after 2010 he has done nothing.

Skorenzy

So, showed potential at Ajax, sat on his arse at Madrid, had a couple of brilliant seasons at Inter in which he was probably the best midfielder in the world, and now his career, footballing wise, is essentially over.

He has had one stand-out season in his entire post-Ajax career, where he didn't even appear in 3/4ths of league games and wasn't even considered the best player in any tournament he played in.

Milito won Serie A Player of the Year, Serie A Foreign Player of the Year, UEFA Club Footballer of the Year and was UEFA Man of the Match in the CL Final.

Sneijder won UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year.

Forlán won the Golden Ball at the 2010 World Cup, T. Müller won the Golden Boot.

Sneijder won the Silver Ball and Bronze Boot.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He was pretty good in his first season at Madrid. He got 9 league goals which is his second highest total in his career. I think he scored 3 free kicks in his first 3 league games and they were saying the new #23 is what the old #23 (Beckham) was supposed to be. He's had a few highs at all of his clubs.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Galatasaray :lol::lol::lol:

Of all the clubs to choose from, I imagine they are well down the list. :lol:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Proof that all footballers speak complete bollocks when joining a new club:

Sneijder declares joining Galatasaray "a dream" :lol::lol:

I am literally dreaming. I am good and will have to study Turkish. I am very excited coming to Turkey and I will give my best. I know that they have been waiting for me a long time and I also know that Turkish fans are fantastic. I cannot wait to play, get to Istanbul to meet the fans. I am very excited. Fatih Terim has always done a fantastic job everywhere and of course with the Turkish national team. I cannot wait to meet him.

My message? I am very proud that Galatasaray have signed me. Really, I cannot wait to meet the fans. We will be together for many great years. I will arrive in Istanbul tomorrow. My new teammates? I know who they are because I have faced them in a different club or a different national team. We have a strong and deep team. I’ll see everyone soon.

starman

Its crazy he going to end up at Galatasaray, for what supposivley will be the prime years of his career.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He won't play 50 games for them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yep. The ship has sailed. If he joined us, he could have at least 1 PL title (most possibly two) to his career. And he would have linked with his compatriot this season.

Amir

Really, footballers should avoid embarrasing statements after signing for clubs. You can say nice things without getting to absurd levels.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He won't play 50 games for them.
It's going to be a contract for three and a half years, even with his injury record he's still likely to play much more than that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's going to be a contract for three and a half years, even with his injury record he's still likely to play much more than that.
Just a hunch.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
To the Sneijder thread! Oh, wait...

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Wonder what number they'll give him, would be funny if it wasn't 10.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A minute's silence to think about wr8_utd and his muppetry please.

Varun

Staff
Players and money. I'l never understand the fascination to have more of what you have plenty of even if it means fecking up the thing you love doing.