So now what happens to Karim Benzema? | Hat-tricks, lots of hat-tricks

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:nono:

Benzema made 30 goals + 11 assists in 2018-19 season. He was Real Madrid's only bright spot while everyone else underperformed.
Yeah, which is why i was talking about 17/18 and 16/17

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Once he told his team mates "dont pass to Civinius Jr". He is still a good striker but not a great character.
A heat-of-the-moment comment don't define someone's character. Players talking shit to a teammate in frustrationis extremeley common at competitive enviroments. At least Benzema didn't fought him like Roy Keane & Wayne Rooney have done to their teammates.

Also, Vinicius has consistently praised Benzema as a teammate/mentor numerous of times. There's no bad blood between them.

Yeah, which is why i was talking about 17/18 and 16/17
Benzema's atrocious season was in 17/18, but you said he wasn't great in next season. Which ain't true.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema's atrocious season was in 17/18, but you said he wasn't great in next season. Which ain't true.
No. I said he had am atrocious season(17/18) following a subpar one. Following. Not followed by.

Haddock

A heat-of-the-moment comment don't define someone's character. Players talking shit to a teammate in frustrationis extremeley common at competitive enviroments. At least Benzema didn't fought him like Roy Keane & Wayne Rooney have done to their teammates.
No, he'll just blackmail his teammates instead.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No, he'll just blackmail his teammates instead.
Except Benzema actually never blackmailed Valbuena or any teammate, but whatever.

The likes of Roy Keane, George Best, Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona etc. makes Benzema look like Moder Teresa in comparision.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Except Benzema actually never blackmailed Valbuena or any teammate, but whatever.

The likes of Roy Keane, George Best, Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona etc. makes Benzema look like Moder Teresa in comparision.
There is currently a criminal case against Benzema and four other people. Now it's true that Benzema is actually accused of being an intermediary between the blackmailers, who are friends of Benzema, and Valbuena.

SlimDizzle075

There is currently a criminal case against Benzema and four other people. Now it's true that Benzema is actually accused of being an intermediary between the blackmailers, who are friends of Benzema, and Valbuena.
Benzema was also one of the French players that was banging that underage prostitute.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Benzema was also one of the French players that was banging that underage prostitute.
That one is a bit different, he didn't know her age and if she wasn't a prostitute it wouldn't be illegal.

Haddock

You're right. It's only an allegation right now. But if he is found guilty at trial in a few months, I will edit my post.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Do Madrid fans consider him a legend? I think he's been there for nearly ten years and has never let them and the club down. Wish i had seen more of him in his prime
There is no question that he is a legend at the club.

RonaldoVII

Surely adds another dimension to France's squad. Giroud seems to still play well for them but Benzema has been world class this season.

Idxomer

Great if true, wanted to see him in this French team for years.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That would be huge. Imagine the favourites of the tournament already being able to just pull out a world class no.9 like Benzema.

RoyH1

Surely adds another dimension to France's squad. Giroud seems to still play well for them but Benzema has been world class this season.
With all thats been said and done between those two, how the hell will they manage that relationship? Let's not talk about the war?

Absolutely loaded national team.

Judas

Open to offers
Presume that's (probably rightfully) Martial's chance dead and buried. Ridiculous being able to pull a Benzema out of nowhere to such a stacked squad.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Benzema has never been found guilty, don't understand the outrage some people have for this.

The likes of Kingsley Coman & Lucas Hernandez are convicted domestic abusers, a much more serious case than Benzema just telling Valbuena about the sextape's existense. And they've been regulary called up by Deschamps. Hell, Lucas Hernandez even was part of France WC 2018's squad despite of it.

Benzema has been world class throughout most of his career (except less than handful of poor seasons).

Last edited:

Canagel

Presume that's (probably rightfully) Martial's chance dead and buried. Ridiculous being able to pull a Benzema out of nowhere to such a stacked squad.
Martial has never been considered as the main #9 for France but as a LW so he won't be affected by Benzema's comeback to the squad.

Giroud will be the one dropped if it is true

BalanceUnAutreJoint

8 goals and 7 assists in 6 la liga games.

Broke the record for most G+A after the first six matchdays in the competition's history..

This is getting pretty ridiculous.

MrEleson

He became the best striker in the world in his 30s.
Yeah he’s blossomed into something incredible. It’s very rare to see a player increase their level so much in their 30s...I mean he’s 34 in just a couple of months but is better and more talismanic than ever..

MrEleson

8 goals and 7 assists in 6 la liga games.

Broke the record for most G+A after the first six matchdays in the competition's history..

This is getting pretty ridiculous.
What did Ronaldo get in his 1st 6 games in 14/15? Thought he had like 13 goals alone after 6 games.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He became the best striker in the world in his 30s.
It's a premature hot take. The 20/21 season has barely started and Benzema is in a hot streak, I doubt he'll sustain it.

Yeah he’s blossomed into something incredible. It’s very rare to see a player increase their level so much in their 30s...I mean he’s 34 in just a couple of months but is better and more talismanic than ever..
It's almost like Cristiano's departure has to do with Benzema becoming a top class striker & scoring 20+ LaLiga goals for 3 stright seasons.

Last edited:

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He’s been great the last 3 seasons. Real Madrid’s MVP.
Yes, although Benzema has never showed this level of productivity. Not even Messi & Cristiano have contribued 15 goals after 6 LaLiga games.

Again, calling Benzema a better striker than Lewandowski is a terrible take. Let's wait and see what happens towards the end of 20/21 season.

RoyH1

It's amazing for me to see all these great players being so incredibly productive well into their mid thirties: Benzema, Modric, Lewandowski and of course Ronaldo. It used to be only goalkeepers and the odd defender that could play pivotal roles at at stage of their careers. I guess it's a combination of better training, nutrition, health care management and a less violent game.

I hope this takes the wind out of the sails of our "don't want him, he's going to be 30 in two years" brigade here at the CAF

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's amazing for me to see all these great players being so incredibly productive well into their mid thirties: Benzema, Modric, Lewandowski and of course Ronaldo. It used to be only goalkeepers and the odd defender that could play pivotal roles at at stage of their careers. I guess it's a combination of better training, nutrition, health care management and a less violent game.

I hope this takes the wind out of the sails of our "don't want him, he's going to be 30 in two years" brigade here at the CAF
True. As long as the player targeted has been a good pro who has taken good care of himself, being above 30 isn't really an issue

dal

I look at boxers sometimes and there sport is fairly intense and I guess there training is too I don’t see why footballers can’t football until they’re 40.

Ronaldo looks the fastest and fittest when I see him play, it’s so shocking.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lewandowski is a monster, but what impresses me so much about Benzema is his ability to adapt to his team’s needs. Brilliant footballer.
Indeed. Benzema needs to be watched for full games to realize how truly vital he is for them in terms of ball movement, clever runs and linking up. Looking only at the stats, which are incredible so far, doesn't do him justice. Without him they'd be truly fecked.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The early pages of this thread. :lol:
To be fair, he was coming off a shockingly poor season(17/18) after having already dropped down a level the season before. He looked like a player in start decline. Turned out those seasons were a fluke

MrEleson

To be fair, he was coming off a shockingly poor season(17/18) after having already dropped down a level the season before. He looked like a player in start decline. Turned out those seasons were a fluke
He seemed to lose a lot of weight to me after the 17/18 season. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed or it’s just my eyes but he came back after summer 2018 considerably leaner and he’s maintained that. That’s coincided with his meteoric rise in form.

MadMike

I would have him here for couple of years to replace the outgoing Cavani and Martial, easily. Him and Ronaldo had good chemistry upfront too.

He's an intelligent and hardworking footballer.