So this new kit deal then

m1y2

So did we just promised Adidas that we would sign more asian players in the future? or are they satisfied with selling shirts of the likes of carrick, fellaini and Smalling..

Shark

@NotShark
I think we already are mate.

Already spent £100m in 2014 on Herrera/Mata and Shaw and there's probably more to come in.
Good point, but I'm talking 80-100m for a single player. I'd say there's a big one coming up this summer anyway.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Does the figure include the training gear money too?
Where does this come from - I saw this post on rawk: The Adidas deal also includes the training kit so its £75m combined not just for the kit. By comparison our total kit deal is £41m per (£25m kit + £16m training gear)

The kit deal covers the playing kit and the training gear - since when is it split?? No team would have a separate playing kit and training kit deal surely??

Warrior pay Liverpool 25m pounds per year - no idea where they get the 41m figure from.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Good point, but I'm talking 80-100m for a single player. I'd say there's a big one coming up this summer anyway.
I think what Madrid and Barcelona always try and do is sign at least 2 players a year - 1 big name signing at £60m+ Probably the best player in the world at that moment who they haven't already got and a £20m on a young up coming talent and this system works for them.

I'd like us to do something like that or 2 marquee signings like Mata/Vidal (combined total £60m/£70m) every year just to carry on being successful - We need to be done with signing averages like Felliani/Young/Alan Smith, something Manchester United have always done 'in hope' they turn good.

ScarleyUtd

Maybe but outisde the world of whipping up fan hysteria the debt has never been seen as a big issue. Investors and potential buyers for example, like the Glazers themselves, would always be far more interested in revenue growth and future opportunities. Indeed in 2005 it was deemed worth having the debt just to gain access to these by the last twats who bought us.

But it's probably gone from a small issue to an irrelevance now for anyone looking to buy.
Probably all true, I'm just wondering what the end goal is for the Glazers? At what point do they cash in? Perhaps when the debt is cleared? Perhaps a few years after that and some years of straight, stellar profit. It isn't an ornament like it is for the Middle Eastern owners. Pretty sure they're in it to make as much money as possible so there will come a point when they will sell.

Just goes to show what a massive club we are though.

Compare it to City – if the Sheik wanted to sell, who would buy? And who would invest as much as him?

Zen

It's shame about the lump of lard that is Chevrolet needing to be on the shirt.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Probably all true, I'm just wondering what the end goal is for the Glazers? At what point do they cash in? Perhaps when the debt is cleared? Perhaps a few years after that and some years of straight, stellar profit. It isn't an ornament like it is for the Middle Eastern owners. Pretty sure they're in it to make as much money as possible so there will come a point when they will sell.

Just goes to show what a massive club we are though.

Compare it to City – if the Sheik wanted to sell, who would buy? And who would invest as much as him?
The Glazers have always said that they are in it for the long term. They don't just want to make a profit, they also seem to want to own sports teams. If they are owning a team, and it continues to be profitable, then I don't think they will be looking to sell anytime soon.

FromTheBench

Anyone know what Dual Branding merchandising agreement is supposed to mean ?

Wonder if we have kept more share in house with seggregated deals. Or kept a larger share of revenue to be earned.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
What difference will it actually make?

Will ticket prices come down?
Will we start going after the worlds best players?
Overall will the team/fans see the benefit or have board members/directors/owners just gained a mega pay rise?

Mister_Stubbs

The guy on sky sports news just said that he has been told that a large proportion of the 75m will be used for transfers.. he said we could easily sign the likes of Pogba, Vidal, Rues, Di Maria etc if we wanted. All talk I know but very encouraging.

One thing I am confused about though is I've read on another forum that Adidas have taken ownership of all retail stores and merchandise rights, and subsequently receive all profits. Is that right?

Gaz.

Well-Liked Assman
The guy on sky sports news just said that he has been told that a large proportion of the 75m will be used for transfers.. he said we could easily sign the likes of Pogba, Vidal, Rues, Di Maria etc if we wanted. All talk I know but very encouraging.

One thing I am confused about though is I've read on another forum that Adidas have taken ownership of all retail stores and merchandise rights, and subsequently receive all profits. Is that right?
not dissimilar to the old Nike deal

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I will be buying the new kit next year, never really liked the Nike ones so i'm really happy adidas is back.

Infra-red

What difference will it actually make?

Will ticket prices come down?
Will we start going after the worlds best players?
Overall will the team/fans see the benefit or have board members/directors/owners just gained a mega pay rise?
More likely the players. Wage inflation in football is absolutely staggering.

Plugsy

In 2006 our combined shirt sponsor and kit manufacturer deals were $53.5m per yer. Now the same two deals are worth $215m each year

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Liverpool Football Club in its entirety is valued at 60% of what it costs to be Man United's official merchandiser for 10 years :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It's just an unbelievable commercial success. If we are being brutally honest as fans, I'm sure we have a number of things to be uspet with the glazers about however one thing you cannot fault is there business acumen.

justboy68

Staggering deal really, sure got my muppet juices flowing. Seriously though, this should be a huge boost to get us right back to the top of the pack on the field as well as off it. Hopefully other top clubs don't find a way to wrangle new deals in the meantime while we are raking it in.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
So did we just promised Adidas that we would sign more asian players in the future? or are they satisfied with selling shirts of the likes of carrick, fellaini and Smalling..
Adidas are German. Ergo, we're in for Reus, Hummels, both Benders, Neuer and Schweinsteiger. Hell, let's even get Loew in as assistant to Van Gaal.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If the numbers are true, its amazing really. If you valued the club at 3 billion, this kit deal is worth 1/4th the value of the club.

Also the bottom level for Adidas kits is >> Bottom level for Nike kits so I think the jerseys would look fine. Can't stop thinking that Nike have lost two major footholds if they lose United and Juventus at the same time.

Utd7

If it was ever in doubt before, this deal emphatically shows Manchester United is the biggest club in the world.

bleedred

If it was ever in doubt before, this deal emphatically shows Manchester United is the biggest club in the world.
Haters gonna hate mate. Try reasoning your logic with the scouse or the endless list of ABU's.

Utd7

Haters gonna hate mate. Try reasoning your logic with the scouse or the endless list of ABU's.
I warned my Arsenal supporting roommate that we would get at least 60 million a year. He said no, it's not possible, why would a company pay a mid table club that much? The fact we did this deal coming off our worst season in decades is mind blowing. Now let's spend this damn money!

Brightonian

I warned my Arsenal supporting roommate that we would get at least 60 million a year. He said no, it's not possible, why would a company pay a mid table club that much? The fact we did this deal coming off our worst season in decades is mind blowing. Now let's spend this damn money!
Almost the exact same thing with me. Best mate's a gooner and a sarky bastard, scoffed at the idea, tried to make out that Nike pulling out was some sort of 'rats leaving the sinking ship' situation. What with the bet on Germany to win the WC which I made way back before the 2013 Champions League semis coming good (he laid money on Brazil a couple of months ago), I'm thoroughly winning the battle at the moment.

Oneunited26

I think what Madrid and Barcelona always try and do is sign at least 2 players a year - 1 big name signing at £60m+ Probably the best player in the world at that moment who they haven't already got and a £20m on a young up coming talent and this system works for them.

I'd like us to do something like that or 2 marquee signings like Mata/Vidal (combined total £60m/£70m) every year just to carry on being successful - We need to be done with signing averages like Felliani/Young/Alan Smith, something Manchester United have always done 'in hope' they turn good.
I do think this trend has gone on since the days of CR7 was sold in 2009, it took us 3 years before we signed a world class player again, and that was out of the blue