So this new kit deal then

stu_1992

To be honest, I don't mind who makes the shirt as long as it's not Addias, can't stand their trademark "stripes" down the sleeves and shorts. Exactly the same on every type of clothing they make. If they offer us by far the most amount of money though, I may reconsider...

bigredmachine

Running smooth
Nike are the biggest brand with the most exposure in all the biggest markets. Their marketing approach is brilliant. It's important to build a solid relationship with them and position ourselves as their flagship club, similar to how Adidas have Madrid/Bayern.

Umbro doesn't quite cut it.

bigredmachine

Running smooth
Nike also have a huge a huge portfolio of players. In terms of image rights, it makes it (slightly) easier to sign players.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Nike are the biggest brand with the most exposure in all the biggest markets. Their marketing approach is brilliant. It's important to build a solid relationship with them and position ourselves as their flagship club, similar to how Adidas have Madrid/Bayern.

Umbro doesn't quite cut it.
Definitely. There are many benefits to being associated with them. This whole idea of selling ourselves to the highest bidder with no regard to any other factors is complete nonsense.

SirAF

Ageist
I'd prefer us to stay with Nike for the reasons that @bigredmachine states and also because I'm a fan. However, the more bidder the higher fee we will get, and I am very confident that Nike will pay what they have to in order to keep us.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Au contraire. I'm 6' 3" and they fit perfectly.
I'm 6'11/2 and their jeans were a crap fit- was a few years ago not long after the Oxford Street branch opened- maybe they have improved. Reiss seems to be the best fit for taller, slimmer blokes.

Tall..right. Go lose some weight fatboy.

:D
As above and I weigh just over 12st. Fat I aint by any metric.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm 6'11/2 and their jeans were a crap fit- was a few years ago not long after the Oxford Street branch opened- maybe they have improved. Reiss seems to be the best fit for taller, slimmer blokes.
They come in loads of different sizes though. Massive selection of waists and leg length, all available in loads of different cuts. Loose, standard, slim, skinny etc. If anything, ernng on the side of being too slim. They've even got "jean leggings". Which is an aberration really.

I sound like I work for them now. I don't.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

As above and I weigh just over 12st. Fat I aint by any metric.
I wondered where you got too after the bond movies..still got those big metal teeth?

Nike wont let anyone trump them for the United deal but if they do Umbro would be brilliant to see on our shirts again

Godfather

Djokovic clothes looks shit as feck. Didn't know that was uniqlo. we better stay away from that.

MDFC Manager

Nike won't go anywhere imo. They lost arsenal and they don't have any other big club in England. There is no way they abandon all the big English clubs imo.

Jippy

Staff
They come in loads of different sizes though. Massive selection of waists and leg length, all available in loads of different cuts. Loose, standard, slim, skinny etc. If anything, ernng on the side of being too slim. They've even got "jean leggings". Which is an aberration really.

I sound like I work for them now. I don't.
Jeggings? I'm sold. Seriously though, if the fit was half as good as the price they would have been onto a winner. It was annoying- tried several pairs and they all looked crap because of the fit or length. CK jeans are far better.

I wondered where you got too after the bond movies..still got those big metal teeth?
eh?

bonusroller

I'd imagine Ed is saying to Uniqlo that it's £10m pa on top of what a know brand offers, hence the £80m a year quoted. Bit of a risk for someone unknown in the sports kit world.

Would love to see Adidas back. I do think Nike make some decent kits, especially the new International kits, but we always get naff concepts thrown at us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Jeggings? I'm sold. Seriously though, if the fit was half as good as the price they would have been onto a winner. It was annoying- tried several pairs and they all looked crap because of the fit or length. CK jeans are far better.
Fair muff. You're probably a pickier man than me, when it comes to buying trousers. My main criteria would be staying up and concealing legs. So far Uniqlo cacks have yet to let me down on either front.

bigredmachine

Running smooth
I don't want Adidas anywhere near the club. Their kits are awesome, but they wouldn't position (or pay us even) as well as they should.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The United kits of the 80s which adidas produced for us were iconic.

I'd give them the contract on the sole condition that they'd have to use the 'adidas Originals' logo on the strip.

Be fücking top, that.

Jippy

Staff
Fair muff. You're probably a pickier man than me, when it comes to buying trousers. My main criteria would be staying up and concealing legs. So far Uniqlo cacks have yet to let me down on either front.
:lol:That's a good starting point. Just hate it when jeans are baggy round your arse so it looks like you have shit yourself or are too long or short. Not massively fussy and when I do get new clothes I will tend to wear them til they are falling apart such is my lack of desire to go clothes shopping.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not sporty but they're one of the largest companies in the world at.....er...whatever it is they do. They've revenues of over $11bn with assets totalling more than $30bn, according to wikipedia. So us plebs may not have heard much about them but they're still a premier global brand.
Uniqlo's market cap is close to USD40B, I think it's safe to say they're also a premier global brand.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Same here. Their clothes are really comfortable as well. Plus if it means there's a greater chance of kagawa staying, because you know hi being Japanese and can be their brand's face, then I'm all for it!

Quite sick of nike to be honest.
If they offer enough Ed might even let them sack Moyes. :drool:

Moyes is universally despised in Japan.

Infra-red

Manchester United to revolutionise official kit supplier approach when Nike contract expires
Manchester United consider copying American National Football League to offer three types of shirts to supporters depending on price and linking up with fashion brands and retailers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...lier-approach-when-Nike-contract-expires.html

Manchester United could have more than one official kit supplier once their deal with Nike runs out next year.

The Premier League club are considering a revolutionary new approach and are talking to retailers and fashion brands as well as the usual kit suppliers.

bonusroller

It would explain the Uniqlo bit then.

The player edition kits are what you can buy off sites like aliexpress and moreshirt so they'd have to crack down on them pretty hard for it to work.

£100m a year though ... wow ... Woody could have made the money for himself and bought Glazers out.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It would explain the Uniqlo bit then.

The player edition kits are what you can buy off sites like aliexpress and moreshirt so they'd have to crack down on them pretty hard for it to work.

£100m a year though ... wow ... Woody could have made the money for himself and bought Glazers out.

Err... at this point, he needs to make up for a summer of botch-ups including the over-paying of a certain player

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
For NFL teams you can buy authentic jerseys for something like $200. Never understood why EPL teams didn't do the same. The NFL is amazing in maximizing revenues-so anything transferable to United on the commercial side is a plus.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
The number just keeps going up. It will be really interesting to see where it actually ends up

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Manchester United under pressure to finalise £600m kit deal before World Cup finals
Old Trafford kit deal expected to double world's biggest at Real Madrid but production and design deadlines mean it needs to be signed soon

Manchester United are coming under increasing pressure from Nike and adidas to conclude negotiations over a £600 million kit deal before the World Cup finals.

While the Old Trafford hierarchy remains focused on the search for a new manager to replace David Moyes, the club’s Mayfair-based commercial operation is close to securing a world-record deal to replace their £23.5  million-a-year agreement with Nike – dating back to 2002 – which expires in June 2015.
Senior figures at United, led by Richard Arnold, the commercial director, have held talks with kit manufacturers adidas, Puma and Warrior in recent months following the expiry of the six-month exclusivity period with Nike at the beginning of this season.

However, with United contractually obliged to hand Nike the opportunity to match any deal offered by a rival brand, production and design deadlines for 2015-16 have left the club with just over a month to decide which brand to sign up with for the next kit contract.
Despite the team’s poor season, in which they missed out on Champions League qualification for the first time in 19 years, United’s commercial power remains undimmed and they are expected to secure a deal worth at least £65  million a year.

Mark Ogden
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10791308/Manchester-United-under-pressure-to-finalise-600m-kit-deal-before-World-Cup-finals.html

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So in order to be ready for shipping kits in the summer of 2015 they need to have a design finalised in the next few months?

Empire

Yeah, our income is looking good, I can see the Glazers throwing money at Louis van Gaal trying to get him to sign players and him resisting with all his might trying to insist he is that good of a coach he can make good players look great.

What a turn of events that would be...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So in order to be ready for shipping kits in the summer of 2015 they need to have a design finalised in the next few months?
If the writer wasn't Ogden I would be skeptical. But since the guy seems to be the most trustworthy journo on United matters, I'm willing to believe it - even though it sounds crazy.

Yeah, our income is looking good, I can see the Glazers throwing money at Louis van Gaal trying to get him to sign players and him resisting with all his might trying to insist he is that good of a coach he can make good players look great.
What a turn of events that would be...
So much money to spend.... All aboard the Muppet Express. Set phasers to "Muppet" etc etc.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I do wonder if this seasons performance will have any impact on what sort of deal we are able to get. Obviously we arent talking a MAJOR difference, but a few £m/year adds up to a fairly big cost over 5-10 years.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I do wonder if this seasons performance will have any impact on what sort of deal we are able to get. Obviously we arent talking a MAJOR difference, but a few £m/year adds up to a fairly big cost over 5-10 years.
It's more likely that it would be based around the manufacturer's sales numbers than anything else. As long as they stay high and they make a hefty profit by selling the shirts, I doubt the manufactuer cares where we are in the league.