g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

So this new kit deal then

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Not a chance it will be Addidas, we have way way too many links with Nike not to mention Rooney will be on some sort of contract with them and considering how much we pander to him....

Bader

Not a chance it will be Addidas, we have way way too many links with Nike not to mention Rooney will be on some sort of contract with them and considering how much we pander to him....
So is RVP, Mata and Shinji Kagawa (he has a whole asian Market who Adidas could explore) with Adidas. So Adidas has an Incentive too.

pascell

I don't think that individual sponsorship deals effect whether they would sponsor the team as a whole. Obviously they'd like to sponsor a team with the majority of the players wearing their boots etc but it's business, if United went and won the treble next season then they'd look at signing us up as what better team for you to provide kits for than the champions?

bri2013

My favourite kits have to be the first few Umbro designs we had. The red and green/gold lace up kits and the black away kit famous for Cantona's kung fu kick.

They did, however, produce some pretty gash kits too as i remember? Most famously the grey away top we changed at half time against Southampton because SAF said the players couldn't pick each other out against the backdrop of the fans (that top was apparently designed to look good with jeans).

I like Adidas as a brand (for the trainers) but don't like the fact that their kits all look a bit similar so would prefer us not to go with them.

Uniqlo?? errr.....UNI NO!

Cal?

CR7 fan
So is RVP, Mata and Shinji Kagawa (he has a whole asian Market who Adidas could explore) with Adidas. So Adidas has an Incentive too.
Kagawa has a whole Japanese market that is the 3rd biggest economy in the world, but other Asians don't particularly like Japan.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I couldn't give a shit who makes our kits, I haven't bought one in years anyway, just give it to whoever pays the most.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Other Asians particularly love Manchester United so I imagine Kagawa is fine in China and Korea
That's true, but little to do with Kagawa, in fact, I've rarely seen Kagawa shirts in China (except Hong Kong).

Hamadovich86

I cant be bothered as to who gets the deal as long as the club gets the highest amount possible from it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
According to the Mail? So we can expect confirmation of a new Nike deal any day.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
The same story seems to have been repeated with differing brands each time since January, Nike were in pole, then Adidas, then Puma and at one point Umbro. The figure remains unchanged and so seems the length of the deal, the only unusual aspect of the Mail story that seems to be different is a separate fashion deal with Uniqlo. Has any other club or sporting franchise got something similar?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to the Mail? So we can expect confirmation of a new Nike deal any day.
Charles Sale is pretty good though.

If we get 60m for Adidas for our kit and then negotiate a different deal for our fashion stuff then it's an amazing deal.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
That is clearly the figure the club are among for. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the club behind all these various stories.

Steve the Red

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
They couldnt have made the Chevrolet logo any bigger, could they? Looks as bad as the rest of the shirt

bucky

Could have been worse I think, we always complain, then we see it on the players and get used to it. I'd still prefer just chevrolet without the symbol though.

nevillestache

Were there not rumours that the actual text "Chevrolet" would not appear on the kit, just the logo, and that was a contributory factor in the sacking of their marketing chief?

Truedevil

I like them, there is only so much you can do with a big golden cross. If it was only the word Chevrolet than that would look weird so the emblem has to be there.

Getsme

Were there not rumours that the actual text "Chevrolet" would not appear on the kit, just the logo, and that was a contributory factor in the sacking of their marketing chief?
In fairness, that is a good idea, some of the biggest companies in the World are recognised by their logo alone, it would also get people looking on the internet to find out what the logo is.

Plugsy

In fairness, that is a good idea, some of the biggest companies in the World are recognised by their logo alone, it would also get people looking on the internet to find out what the logo is.
True, but if someone was on google looking for what the logo was it'd belie the idea that they're recognised by their logo.

nevillestache

You'd actually want the search term "Chevrolet" to be as prominent as possible - the logo wouldn't really help in that respect.

Getsme

True, but if someone was on google looking for what the logo was it'd belie the idea that they're recognised by their logo.
Yeah, however it's not widely known yet (in Europe anyway) Having their logo on the top of one of biggest clubs in the World would soon change that.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I really don't care of the size of the logo, personally speaking, I mean for the amount they're paying us I'd be ok with rubber stamping the logo on the players foreheads as well, also to be fair, at this point in time we should be quite used to our kits looking rather poor by now(mostly), as long as the shirt is still red these days I'm happy... /ignore and just get on with the season.

bishblaize

I really don't care of the size of the logo, personally speaking, I mean for the amount they're paying us I'd be ok with rubber stamping the logo on the players foreheads as well, also to be fair, at this point in time we should be quite used to our kits looking rather poor by now(mostly), as long as the shirt is still red these days I'm happy... /ignore and just get on with the season.
What was the last kit you liked?

Utd7

I have a bet with my college roommate who's an Arsenal fan that our next kit deal is at least 60 million pounds a year which he thinks is impossible considering how poor we've been this season. If I'm wrong, I have to change my name to Jennifer. (Top Gear fans will know what I'm talking about). So needless to say, Woodward needs to hurry and get this deal complete! And it should be whether it's Adidas or Nike, we need to take the highest bidder and I would hope that it's not a 10 year deal. For all we know by year 6 or 7 of the deal, getting the reported yearly sum could be less than say Madrid could get in their next deal. It should be a 5-6 year deal, nothing more.

Infra-red

Yeah, however it's not widely known yet (in Europe anyway) Having their logo on the top of one of biggest clubs in the World would soon change that.
GM have pulled the Chevrolet brand out of all European markets. They'll be completely gone by the end of 2015. I assume this deal with United is purely about far east expansion.

mufcwarm92

Doubt that's the kit. The Chevrolet logo looks so shite, I'm assuming it will be hollow black/white rather than gold and silver

bishblaize

The kit actually looks fine apart from the logo. Simple.

However someone really needs to talk to the branding and marketing team at Chevrolet. Gold to brown gradient? In this day and age? How very gauche.

Sad Chris

I think maybe there could be something going on with Adidas. They had their annual General Meeting this Thursday.
A spokesman from one of their biggest shareholders Union Investment complained that Nike are getting the better of Adidas in important markets. Union Investment even refused to grant discharge of management as a warning.
Maybe pressure could be growing enough to make Adidas desperate to land a big name signing.