So this new kit deal then

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
It is just a shame Nike don't seem to understand that the nicer the kit is, the more they are going to sell.

I don't see why clubs can't just give us some designs and let the fans pick the kit.
Would be a great idea. I know a club did it a good few years ago. It does make me wonder who has the final say on our kits

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The new kit will be revealed at best the 7th July.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The new kit will be revealed at best the 7th July.

It's always bee announced around that time of the year. I have a late July birthday and I used to always get the new kit as a birthday present as it had only been revealed.

I don't get why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about us apparently having a "late" unveiling this season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's always bee announced around that time of the year. I have a late July birthday and I used to always get the new kit as a birthday present as it had only been revealed.

I don't get why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about us apparently having a "late" unveiling this season.
I just give the info, i really don't see the players playing shirtless in august.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
I hear Rio's nice this time of year
Nah strife with crime and corruption plus I heard last min flights to conduct "important transfer related business" are much more expensive this time of the year.

Keenst

Man Utd: Adidas, Nike and Warrior bid for world-record deal
By Mike KeeganBBC Sport

Three sportswear giants are bidding to secure a world-record kit deal with Manchester United.

Adidas, Nike and Warrior remain in talks with the club over the right to take over when the existing agreement, with Nike, expires next season.

A figure of £600m over 10 years has been discussed, which would dwarf the reported £31m a season Adidas pays to Real Madrid.

United's existing deal with US firm Nike is worth £24m a year.

Germany-based Adidas, who made United's kit throughout the '80s, declined to comment but the BBC understands that the firm are in talks with the club.

Nike and Warrior, the US firm who manufacture Liverpool's kit, both confirmed to BBC Sport that they are also in the running.

United sponsorship deals

Chevrolet will pay £53m a year to have their name on United's shirts

Aon paid £180m to sponsor the club's training ground and kit

Other partners include Toshiba, bwin and Aeroflot

A Nike spokesperson added: "United is one of the greatest clubs in the world and we're continuing discussions with them."

Puma, who sponsor Arsenal, declined to comment but are not thought to be among the frontrunners.

As part of the terms of their existing deal, Nike were granted a period of exclusivity to negotiate an extension which expired without a new agreement having been reached.

That opened the door for other companies to bid.

Nike, who will soon release this year's new kit and have been the club's partners since 2002, retain the right to match any other offer.

United, who tour America later this month, declined to comment.

They have signed a number of sponsorship deals including a £120m agreement to rename their Carrington training ground.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28144880

izec

Warrior in combination with Chevrolet would be the worst case for me. The kits and shoes from Warriror look cheap. Plus that hideous Chevy logo would be the worst kit ever. I will wait to see which company it will be in the end and if Warrior should get the deal, buy this years kit as soon as possible. It still looks decent and growing on me, probably because of the transfers we have and could still make. Hope for Adidas, would be a nice change and i believe Nike have nothing left to surprise us anymore.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
A nice bidding war will be great, only pushing the price up higher.

Never heard of Uniqlo, do they make any kits for any of the teams in the top couple of leagues? If they are looking to break into the market, they could bid big as well.
Uniqlo? that doesn't sounds right, they're not sports company.

And I don't trust them with the distribution and marketing, their stores are not widespread enough to cater United's worldwide brand. Not that football fans cares any bit, but from marketing and management point of view, giving it to Uniqlo is a fecking trainwreck.

I like Nike to be fair, Umbro just hasn't got the same appeal it was back then, but I hope they'll come up with something fresh and classy next season, our kits hasn't been marvelous lately.

I still like the checkered red / black and our sharp view cam from the old days.
I know these posts were a while ago but Uniqlo are not historically a sports brand but they have been stepping up their sporting interests. I believe they sponsor some of the top golfers and Novak Djokovic. No reason why they wouldn't consider entering the football market, especially with a chance to sponsor united as that would be one of the biggest they could go for.

SirAF

Ageist
I think it is a nice enough kit - but then again for that price.. who cares? I never cease to be amazed how much commercial pulling power this club has.

acnumber9

It's definitely later than last seasons because I was able to buy the kit for my godson's birthday in June last year.

Rednotdead

It is just a shame Nike don't seem to understand that the nicer the kit is, the more they are going to sell.

I don't see why clubs can't just give us some designs and let the fans pick the kit.
Probably something to do with rip-offs. If the club came out with, say, 3 versions to be voted on the rip-off merchants would have them all produced long before the official supplier released the chosen one.

Plugsy

I'm surprised they didn't go with a big 4th July launch to capitalise on the upcoming US tour, not to mention the seemingly increased popularity of the sport in that country right now.

Dreaded

Couldn't care less who makes the kit, if they pay us £60m or more per season.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
So this new kit deal isn't for this season? Are we sticking with nike for this season and then the highest bidder will make it next season?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm surprised they didn't go with a big 4th July launch to capitalise on the upcoming US tour, not to mention the seemingly increased popularity of the sport in that country right now.
They wouldn't get much media coverage on the 4th of July, would they?

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely they are going to have to finally get this tied up soon, is taking alot longer than most people thought as it is.

My theory is Adidas, and Warrior are willing to pay what we are looking for but we would far rather stay with Nike, Nike have the right to match any deal we have been offered, but are waiting to see what we do in the transfer market before they commit this sort of money on us, so either way I expect a September announcement.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
For that amount of money I doubt the club cares how the shirt looks or who's making it. It might as well be from Adibas, Nkie or Fuma.

Zii

Our current kit should be this....

The new one is all about the sponsor, not the club badge the way it should be, its hideous.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Our current kit should be this....

The new one is all about the sponsor, not the club badge the way it should be, its hideous.
The strange thing for me is that the name Chevrolet has more impact than any logo ever could. It's a unique name, it looks nice, it sounds exotic and mysterious. Whereas the logo looks like a bent plus symbol covered in custard.

LoiusVanGaal

sounds like a bidding war, hopefully some of that money at least goes to the Club for players/transfers!

Petr1

I really hope they went for the plain text instead of the Chevrolet logo like this one:

montpelier

Ah, it's their gold bow-tie emblem apparently and not a badly drawn & wonky cross.