So who is up for another winter World Cup? | It's actually autumn | When does winter start?

CallyRed

With all the uproar with the moving of the 2022 event from summer to winter, would you be against another winter edition during the season?

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I’ve barely watched any of this World Cup, just can’t get in to it. I think it’s Becuase it’s mid season and I should be watching United. Just feels wrong. Hopefully never happens again.

CallyRed

I’ve barely watched any of this World Cup, just can’t get in to it. I think it’s Becuase it’s mid season and I should be watching United. Just feels wrong. Hopefully never happens again.
I actually haven't minded it and wouldn't be against it again. If 2030 goes to Argentina/Uruguay, another November/December WC?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't really care too much, whatever is better for domestic and international football in general and allows more people to watch it.

It's the sport of the world and brings together different cultures having the most people able to watch, countries participating I think is great for the sport.

I'm all for having countries that haven't hosted it before hosting too. I know Qatar got a lot of shit but the Arab world actually hosting it has been nice.

I wouldn't mind where it's clear what continent will host E.G. 2030 South America, 2034 Central/North America, 2038 Europe, 2042 Africa etc

Moby

Dick
A winter world cup is basically the football version of a 4 day work week so it's a yes from me. Should be applied to euros as well. Leave the summers for vacation.

Eli Zee

It makes me wish I worked at my office job still as we would have had a blast watching the games during office hours.

Wilt

Depends on how teams are effected by the mid-season break…. Arsenal turning into shite would be a good start.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
As awesome as this world cup was from a sports perspective, I don't want another winter world cup. I want to watch the games outside in the sun with beer.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Players have definitely seemed more energized. But I fear the fixture overload will just kill them once the tournament is over. Much like how they were dropping out injured pre tournament.

I’ll reserve judgement for the end of the season.
For sure they need to have some common sense around club fixtures. What the FA conjured up was nothing short of a disaster class in management.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Be prepared for some upsets in the restart of the premier league as players in top teams recover from the WC. especially those who were part of the last 16 round of fixtures.

lex talionis

I hope a winter World Cup never happens again. But if that's not possible -- due to the inordinate influence of oil money -- that it be many decades before such an abomination to were to be allowed again.

TheRedHearted

Players have definitely seemed more energized. But I fear the fixture overload will just kill them once the tournament is over. Much like how they were dropping out injured pre tournament.

I’ll reserve judgement for the end of the season.
For sure they need to have some common sense around club fixtures. What the FA conjured up was nothing short of a disaster class in management.
Be prepared for some upsets in the restart of the premier league as players in top teams recover from the WC. especially those who were part of the last 16 round of fixtures.
just saw our first game back is three days after the final. Wtf kind of nonsense is this? There’s no rest at all

Irwin99

It's not been so bad.

Still have to wonder about the effects on the domestic campaign in terms of fatigue though.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The next world cup is in Canada, USA and Mexico, the weather will not be conducive to great football, it'll be hot, humid and in some areas downright dangerous with lightning storms and tornado's liable to happen at any time.

Half the world has the world cup in winter, they might like having it in the summer for a change.

hobbers

There's nowhere in the world suitable to host a world cup that would need to be hosted in the winter, obviously including Qatar.

Abizzz

The next world cup is in Canada, USA and Mexico, the weather will not be conducive to great football, it'll be hot, humid and in some areas downright dangerous with lightning storms and tornado's liable to happen at any time.

Half the world has the world cup in winter, they might like having it in the summer for a change.
90% of the worlds population live on one side of the equator.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've really enjoyed this WC. I don't think summer / winter makes a big difference as a fan. Maybe if we were mid title challenge it would be more annoying

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

That's going to abysmal for me the time difference. Doubt I'll watch any of it live

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
90% of the worlds population live on one side of the equator.
So we've had 1 world cup in the winter and that's a hardship for 90% of the worlds population!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don't think it's been anywhere near as bad as people have feared, but it's weird the world cup and darts world championship are on at the same time now and the upcoming Burnley game feels somewhat anticlimactic.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’ve barely watched any of it due to the times of the games, I’ve been working. The time of year also doesn’t feel normal. Was always a terrible idea, it’s just playing out as expected

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As long as it's scheduled properly, I don't really care. I'm already used to the Rugby World cup being between September and mid November.

PS: It's an Autumn WC, not Winter.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I’ve barely watched any of it due to the times of the games, I’ve been working. The time of year also doesn’t feel normal. Was always a terrible idea, it’s just playing out as expected
Don’t you work the same hours in the summer?

I’m not sure that it’s actually playing out as expected. Seems to be a relative success.

The next one seems much more problematic to me.