So, who will stop City from winning the Treble?

jamesjimmybyrondean

I serious can't imagine us winning the league title with Pep around. Our only hope is if ETH is on his level

Irwin99

Stop being optimistic, after Sevilla we all have to be depressed until next season.
I actually don't think it's that far-fetched; we beat City already once this season and the players have been knackered lately from all the games so a bit more rest between matches could do wonders....although it evidently isn't doing Arsenal much good :nervous:

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Real Madrid are the only team standing in their way now

Gandalf

I actually don't think it's that far-fetched; we beat City already once this season and the players have been knackered lately from all the games so a bit more rest between matches could do wonders....although it evidently isn't doing Arsenal much good :nervous:
If by some miracle our second string can squeeze past Brighton then we have a punchers chance in the final but we will need Varane and Garnacho back so we can go with the Shaw/Varane tandem at the back and allow Rashford to play up top with Garnacho on the left because Sancho is not it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Really think it’s going to happen. Was bound to happen when you get a treble winner like Pep in with all that oil money. Their squad is a joke.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lukaku.

That would be some story if he can rouse himself.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why not the Blades? It's a cup tie and they will be up for it. Don't discount them.
Two of Sheffield United's best players this season are on loan from Man. City so they won't even be at full strength for that!

They will surely look at the loan rules again given you had Cancelo playing v Man. City in the week.

jesperjaap

Personally I think CIty were better last season and Real are better this season....and they beat them then, you can never discount Msdrid in the CL....sayign that CIty should have beat them comfortably.

Ive fancied City for the league since Xmas....but the cup, anything can happen, ourselves and Brighton are capable of bating them....or getting battered, Madrid is the big one though, ether of those teams beat the Italians comfortably in the final

Snatcho 2

Supports
Most spanish sides.
Never doubt Real Madrid in a CL Semi. We need to take care of Brighton in the FA Cup first.
The semi-finals are one of Real Madrid's worst steps in the CL. They've played 32 so far and have only made it to the final in 17. That's about 50%.

Tap

Madrid or either Milan side

The consolation is we managed to stop them from winning the quad

RedRocket9908

Which would be the bigger achievement Man City winning the treble or Man Utd Women winning the WSL and WFA Cup double?

Dr Foo

I am wondering if Brighton in their current form or us (if we somehow manage to regain our mid season form and injured players) are better positioned to stop City

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Ordered:

Real Madrid
Pep
Putin's nukes
United
Brighton
FFP Regulations
Sheffield United
Arsenal

Lynty

If City beat Madrid - it’ll all be down to Danny Welbeck or Putin

Mercurial

Real, Milan, United/Brighton, Pep. I think Arsenal is gooner already.

Irwin99

Liverpool were only two games away from a quadruple and look how that turned out; Liverpool were one game away from winning the treble before us (before we stopped them in the Fa Cup final). Lots of games to go yet.

Also Spurs of all teams stopped City winning a quad in the champions league a few years back if i remember correctly. If Spurs can do it, anybody fecking can :devil:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nobody.

I've had a thread I made about 4yrs ago now that questioned why anyone truly thought it was feasible that those versions of City would do a clean sweep that could be interchangeably bumped per year.

It ain't getting bumped this year because Haaland changes everything, plus Pep is not tinkering like he usually does. Madrid are also on their last legs... everything is set up for City to win everything remaining this season. It will take a monumental performance from some team to stop them, or a complete capitulation on their side, neither of which are going to happen this time.

Cheats are indeed about to prosper.

marktan

It feels like this will be the year, coupled with Messi getting an easy run and loads of penalties to a WC, my Barca / Pep / Messi hate is going to come back and hit me in the face hard after quite a few good years against them. An annus horribilis, that I'm going to have to just go away from football and pick up cricket or something.

Being serious, they should be strong favourities in every one of the heads up ties they have left.
- Vs Real? Real were battered last year and were very lucky to get those two late goals. If it goes that way again odds on would say they should lose. Benzema is not in the god like form he was in last year. But they do have Vinicius who can cause them damage. But they won't control the game in midfield, so it's likely they'll concede a few. The Italian teams in the final are a forgone conclusion.
- Vs Arsenal? I think Arsenal do have a chance, probably like 25% of getting a win. They're in poor form but they are a good team.
- Vs United/Brighton? This one is the highest odds for City. Brighton are a good team but they'll try to go toe to toe with City and lose. Ten Haag doesn't know to sit United back and counter and we'll very likely lose this too since we have injuries and Rashford has stopped scoring.

All in all.. I'd say 70% chance vs Real, 75% chance vs Arsenal, 80% chance in the FA Cup. So a 30 + 25 + 20 = 75% chance they don't do the treble.. which sounds like good odds but it feels like one of those years. Maybe it'll be karma for this forum for some reason supporting City to win the league etc despite us being on the recieving end of some of those losses. Let it be a lesson folks!

Last edited: