g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

ErikElevenHag

Decent performance for a midtable player who's only ever played as high as fiorentina..

Looking forward to him getting integrated properly.

Big Ray

Decent performance for a midtable player who's only ever played as high as fiorentina..

Looking forward to him getting integrated properly.
Jesus wept. Mid table?! :houllier: You’ve never ever watched him play or you have some kind of agenda? Does it not make fans like you feel better that klopp wanted him and Barca couldn’t afford him? Looking forward to you eating humble pie over the next few weeks and months.

croadyman

Looked good tonight. But Palace were piss poor. Cant wait to see what he does against real opposition. We could have used him against Arsenal and Spurs for sure.
Yeah City at end of October will be his first huge test in this league. Obviously we have a couple of Champions League games before that too. Despite opposition I also think that many touches from one player in a half deserves a mention

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Exciting. A solid positive addition to the ratio of hungry professionals vs. entitled cnuts in the dressing room. Bodes well.

gaffs

Yeah City at end of October will be his first huge test in this league. Obviously we have a couple of Champions League games before that too. Despite opposition I also think that many touches from one player in a half deserves a mention
Hope to see him as much as possible before then.

Totally agree. Was great to see him get on the ball so oftern. I loved him being alowed to move into midfield - a little like Zinchenko does for Arsenal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
With all due respect, he is not bald. He has chosen to shave his hair, that's a look he's cultivating to be fashionable and we don't really consider him part of the bald community.
With all due respect I am King of the Bald Community and I welcome him into our sexy gang of cueballs.

AndyMUFC

We've badly been lacking a player with his attributes. Made a difference straight away.

Levenstein

That is a long time ago though... he might have lost the ability!
He’s got SMP treatment done. That’s the reason he still has got a hairline, but have to shave to skin always. I have it as well. Looks good though, so doesn’t matter.

Hair or not, the man can play ball. And show for the ball - something I missed so much when watching McTominay play for us.

croadyman

Serious question, did we ever boss them at Anfield? I really can't remember a game where we did except that one when Mata scored a brace.
Maybe in the mid 90s under Fergie when we won there 3-1 in consecutive seasons

lex talionis

The man can do a job. I imagine what he’ll be capable of once he’s got the hang of PL opposition after three matches.

NoPace

Hair or not, the man can play ball. And show for the ball - something I missed so much when watching McTominay play for us.
Absolutely. He seems used to having the CBs just give it to him immediately, but he actually looks to get open and receive the ball all the time, unlike McTominay. I think the term "hiding" is a little silly because it suggests you can read a player's mind, but there are DMs who get open and ones who don't, for whatever reason (I generally assume it's just quite difficult to do in a crowded engine room, there's an art to getting separation from nearby defenders in any sport).

mav_9me

Finally, a functional midfielder.
It's fascinating to me how remarkable it is for us United fans to see a functional midfielder in there. How can a club of United's stature only really have what 5 proper central midfielders in 23 years (Keane, Scholes, Carrick, Casemiro, maybe Matic) while there are clubs like Real who have 5 proper CM at a single time now!!!

The Urban Goose

The man can do a job. I imagine what he’ll be capable of once he’s got the hang of PL opposition after three matches.
Case-Amrabat is exactly what we need away to the better teams. You never know, we might actually beat a top-9 team away at some point this season!

mav_9me

The big caveat is this was a crystal Palace team who didn't really play but still credit to the team for keeping it that way.

So we still need to see more of him before we decide he is part of the solution for us. But today he came looking for the ball and recycling it like Eriksen and covered ground and ran around a lot like McT ( best of both players)

If he can continue to perform similarly, we will be fine

JeffFromHK

The big caveat is this was a crystal Palace team who didn't really play but still credit to the team for keeping it that way.

So we still need to see more of him before we decide he is part of the solution for us. But today he came looking for the ball and recycling it like Eriksen and covered ground and ran around a lot like McT ( best of both players)

If he can continue to perform similarly, we will be fine
McTom is a mysterious case for me, he seems to cover the ground a lot (according to his km covered per match) but we always see him failing to sprint that extra yard to receive the ball and always see him jogging back casually when we got countered.

mav_9me

McTom is a mysterious case for me, he seems to cover the ground a lot (according to his km covered per match) but we always see him failing to sprint that extra yard to receive the ball and always see him jogging back casually when we got countered.
That's only this season. In general his energy is one of his positives.

Lentwood

I thought he was outstanding. I was cautiously optimistic because, for me, he was one of the standout players at the World Cup. However, I sort of had him down as a hard-working, aggressive...but somewhat technically limited player.

I was really impressed last night with his range of passing, switching the ball to the right flank effortlessly. The big diaganol used to be a common sight under SAF but we've not had players who can do it regularly for a while. It seems both Casemiro and Amrabat can.

quadrant

Really calm performance. Obviously he needs a bigger test than that, but still, he did really well. Why does it feel odd to have a calm, sensible midfielder at United? Feels like you have to be erratic to play here.

Trex

We should play Pep 3241 when everyone is fit.
Onana
Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Amrabat
Antony Fernandes Mount Rashford
Hojlund

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really calm performance. Obviously he needs a bigger test than that, but still, he did really well. Why does it feel odd to have a calm, sensible midfielder at United? Feels like you have to be erratic to play here.
I guess we should wait for a more intense game as with us everyone turns erratic when the heat is on.

suheilsworld

That was an immense performance for a player, who is coming back from injury, who hardly had any pre-season and who is coming into a fast-paced league from Italy. It is early days but we should just sign him permanently for his versatility next season. Heard the commentator say during the Burnley game, that he has played in all positions, except the GK and striker.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What an excellent debut. He allowed our other players to push up, he looks for the ball and keeps it ticking. Hopefully him and casemiro together from now on and we stop Conceding all those cutback goals, and actually control games.