Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Adamsk7

The thing is why when the manager says he wants a shite player do the club not turn around and go “no”?
we are in this mess because of five managers freely buying the players they want.

Antony
Amrabat
Mount
Onana
Malacia
all not good enough

Casemiro
Eriksen
Over the hill and past their best

Hojlund
Martinez
Good.

That’s a shocking record without even adding Wout and Regillon in.

theatreofdreams777

Not even half as good as Fred and some of us said it before we signed him. EtH's signings are really awful.

RVN1991

Has always been Europa league level at best. His performances in the Conference League and The WC hid how bang average he really is.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
But remember when he caught up with Mbappe?

Castia

Who'd have thought a 27 year old who's done feck all throughout his career and finds him self on loan would be shit

hammerfadl

Keeps seeing Stephen Ireland when he runs.

Charging in and getting turned away so often, and cant cope with the increased tempo compared to Serie A & National team football. Thankfully its just a loan.

Catron

I have said before, buying players based on World Cup performances is a huge risk

The Irish Connection

Yeah, I was trying to be positive at the end of the transfer window about him, and his passing stats looked good, but it was obviously because of being in a slower paced league and dropping so deep that meant he racked up the passes.
Looks too slow and doesn’t have much penetration in his passing at all.
Another dud.
Just hope he can manage a few good games in his loan.

Skills

Snitch
Where are all essays from his signing thread that how he's the missing piece for Ten Hag ball?

Mainoldo

Where are all essays from his signing thread that how he's the missing piece for Ten Hag ball?
:lol: I keep telling people never trust the transfer muppets when they back targets fully well knowing 80% of us aren’t watching that team.

I learnt my lesson with Darmian, then when he got here shockingly all his backer’s disappeared.

RORY65

I'm shocked that a midfielder that a midtable Serie A side were willing to loan out isn't that good and that posters who insisted he would be really key to get us playing the way Ten Hag wants to were talking shite. He's probably fine as a squad player (at best) in general but he was really bobbins when he came on today.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The thing is why when the manager says he wants a shite player do the club not turn around and go “no”?
we are in this mess because of five managers freely buying the players they want.

Antony
Amrabat
Mount
Onana
Malacia
all not good enough

Casemiro
Eriksen
Over the hill and past their best

Hojlund
Martinez
Good.

That’s a shocking record without even adding Wout and Regillon in.
That’s pretty bad alright. Not a good judge of talent. And who the feck is authorizing the spending on this dross? They should be fired.

tenhagsimp

If anything Ten Hag balls should get the sack. Give him zero say over transfer. Didnt Ajax fans here reminded us that the mastermind behind that Ajax team was actually that wanker Overmars ? Iirc they told us Ten Hag personal transfers were disastrous

Yagami

Good post resistant
Said before but I was a big fan of him at Verona. After his one season there, I kept up with him at Fiorentina and was less impressed. Mainly because it was evident that his general game had been changed there. I think down to coaching because the manager(s) there weren't as keen on him dribbling in his own half/box unlike Juric who was happy with it. They would rather he focused on passing rather than carrying the ball, but passing was never a strong point of his, so making him focus on that and less on the one attribute that made him stand out rendered him less effective.

That's one aspect of his struggles. I think the other is that we have no midfielder who compliments him. I think he's stranded alone in midfield the majority of the time, which all of our deepest midfielders have had to deal with. Going back to when Matic or Pogba were our midfielders tasked with progressing the ball from deep.

We keep signing these slow, weak, small players (who also aren't any great shakes technically) then do a shocked Pikachu when they inevitably flop in an era where athleticism and physicality are the baseline for the absolute top clubs.

Belisarius

That was borderline shit cameo. So many poor passes :(
Yeah, I had been told that he wouldn't make many really creative attacking passes, but that he would help progress the ball up the field with short tidy passing. But, his passing is not in any way tidy. At least 3 misplaced passes in the first few minutes after he came on.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He runs really aggressively at players, gets beaten easily and then has to chase back 5 yards behind. Happened about 4 times tonight.

That and his transitional play was equally poor.

good first game. Gone missing since.

on performances so far we’d be foolish to buy
We really spend the whole summer chasing him? He can't play in this level, the game is too fast for his legs, technical ability and brain. He's also not good defensively. What have we been thinking...
He’s so cumbersome in everything he does. Clearly not cut out gif this level unfortunately.
Keeps seeing Stephen Ireland when he runs.

Charging in and getting turned away so often, and cant cope with the increased tempo compared to Serie A & National team football. Thankfully its just a loan.
These, unfortunately.

Oscar Bonavena

I thought he'd be better but he's really not very good, is he? As someone said above, I'd have preferred to keep Fred.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Best decision we’ve made all summer, is that we didn’t make this deal permanent.

The United

How on earth did every midfield player we signed (Permanent or loan) in the last decade or so perform because they didn't have 'another' midfielder that could help them? Well, that's according to a lot of people in various threads about those players.

We might as well stop signing them and play with a formation without midfield since we are so shit at getting a pair of midfielders who can "complement" each other.

InfiniteBoredom

I was rounded on in the summer for mentioning his defensive frailties, apparently the Caf knew better just through a few performances at the WC.

He's a decent player who can replace McTominay in the squad in a well oiled machine, but depending on him as a starter who play significant minutes at this level is only ever going one way. We botched the midfield purchases badly in the summer and are now paying for it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ounahi, who was signed by Marseille after the WC, has also been struggling badly to play well. He's eventually been dropped.
Never sign on the back of World Cup performances seems to be the lesson here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ounahi, who was signed by Marseille after the WC, has also been struggling badly to play well. He's eventually been dropped.
Never sign on the back of World Cup performances seems to be the lesson here.
Ounahi looked like a potential world class player for Morocco. Another tournament player